• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[SPOILERS] BDSP Datamine Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Power

Here is a good list of discoveries of BDSP (encased in a spoiler tag).

They compare features between DP, Pt, and BDSP which can be useful but also subjective.
I'm mostly posting this for how much information is being presented.
40 boxes in the storage system?! Wow, that means you can store 1,200 Pokemon in a single game, five times as much compared to a copy of Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow. If they plan to update Sword and Shield to tie-in with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl like many people are hoping, I wonder if they'd add the additional eight boxes that these have.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Ok so

Do we know if we can challenge the gym leaders multiple times postgame or is it only up to the third time?
You can rechallenge them on a daily basis but their teams stop changing after the second post game rematch

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is it known if the move relearner is similar to SWSH or are we back to heart scales?
At first the move relearner requires you to give a heart scale, but after 10 times he does it for free

Like I was saying on the “Planned Team” thread, I’m new here (hi everyone!) and some leaks really changed my mind about this game and now I can’t wait to play it. The one that sealed the deal for me was the higher difficult as a post content. The visual of the game also grabbed my attention since the beginning. Loved that nostalgia…

Nice to meet u guys!

Kangaflora

At first the move relearner requires you to give a heart scale, but after 10 times he does it for free
Well knowing that has improved the game dramatically! I actually can't wait for them to be released.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Hey, anyone know if Marill is only catchable in the mash like in DP, or can you find it earlier like in Platinum?

Autobot N

Does the Great Marsh work like it used to, or can you battle them like in ORAS?

Last edited:

J. D. Guy

But isn't that what people wanted since one of the biggest complaints with modern pokemon games is that they're too easy?
That's because the people who want this do not make up everyone who plays Pokemon. There are many who are by and large just fine with how things are and have generally been.

And it's also because there are also those who claim they want things to be a certain way, but don't quite have the conceptual perspective to really realize what that means, and will likely squirm and say "It's too hard; it's not what I wanted!" without realizing they didn't actually know what they wanted.

Regardless of it being post-game, this may well come as a rude awakening for a lot of folks.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Like I was saying on the “Planned Team” thread, I’m new here (hi everyone!) and some leaks really changed my mind about this game and now I can’t wait to play it. The one that sealed the deal for me was the higher difficult as a post content. The visual of the game also grabbed my attention since the beginning. Loved that nostalgia…

Nice to meet u guys!
Yeah, honestly, I actually liked the art style of this pair of games right from the start. I actually never knew there is a stigma against graphical styles in games where characters have big heads and small bodies (at least where the character design itself isn't like that).

TRNRLogan

Yeah, honestly, I actually liked the art style of this pair of games right from the start. I actually never knew there is a stigma against graphical styles in games where characters have big heads and small bodies (at least where the character design itself isn't like that).
Yeah I've always found the vitriol against chibi designs absurd. Granted sometimes I'd prefer a different style, but I think they fit this game.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Wait...so...Fantina's Gym...No way...They didn't SERIOUSLY go back to...d...did they?!

You're point.. being.. totally.. in.. NO way.. comprehensible?!

What's wrong with Fantina's gym? What specifically are you referring to that they went back to? Her being the fifth gym?

Not Volkner having a random ass Pelipper on his team in the rematch LOL. And I know it's to set up rain I'm guessing but it's still stupid AF.

I don't see it as such. Raihan also had a Gigalith and Sandaconda. If it adds to the challenge (perfect Thunders/Hurricane's) then why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.