• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Spoilers] Finished watching the Dub of Sun and Moon

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Wow, what an amazing adventure! I really enjoyed the slice of life and how Ash trains to face against the Kahunas. The Alola League was also pretty good, and I was filled with joy when Ash won the League! Not only that, but his final test against Tapu Kuko along with facing Kukui was a blast! I think could say this is one the series I can place behind the DP series in my top favorites! Congrats, SM, you came in second!

Now I guess with this much praise I am giving, you may question why it isn't the top of my list, and well, there were a few things I think that kinda dragged on or feel like they're there just to be there. First is Bewear. Snatching Team Rocket off was pretty funny until she starts to do it 98% of the time when Team Rocket is out. It made me feel disappointed to there were times where Rocket almost wins against Ash and the gang, then Bewear swoops in take them out of the scene. Like, come on, I wanna see their plans working like they did in the Black and White series. Another problem I also have are the Ultra Beasts. Only Guzzlord was a huge threat to Alola while the others came to just chill and do juvenile things. These episodes could work as a mini special series alone.

Now the Alola League, another controversial arc in the series. People felt the battles were rushed, or that some of the cast doesn't deserve to participate in the tournament, but I don't think there was ever a rule that you must complete the Island Challenge first before registering for the League. Plus, this series features the most cast of main characters, so making the battles a 1v1 Battle Royal along with the preliminary rounds. It was neat to have the semi-finals, a 2v2, and the finals a 3v3. Everyone expected the classic 6v6 for all matches, but I do like this change and it makes the pacing great. The most controversial battle is the one with Rowlet and Decidueye. This match seem to upset a lot of fans, and I can see why, but I thought the writers did a great job to remind everyone that Rowlet is a lazy bum. I knew he was asleep, but I wasn't so sure till Hala made an announcement.

And that's what I think about these series as whole. The anime is completely different from the games, that it makes a lot of sense to why fans are not happy with Ash not having a full team of fully evolved/badass Pokemon and that the anime sometimes ignores the rules of the video games. But this is a long running show. Origins followed the games because it's a short series. You can't make a full tv series from the game, or it's gonna have lots of padding and filler; not to mention, boring as well.

Overall, SM is one of my favorite series, but doesn't beat DP as the best for me. I really enjoyed this one a lot.