• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Spoilers Included] My opinion on why Serena and Ash will be together

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Next region they should have a dude fall in love with ash

#LGBT
#Rainbow
#Fairyboi hype.

Ugh I wish except they'd lose so much popularity I could just imagine.

I have some concerns about your emotional maturity. You seem to be getting very worked up and defensive about every single person not being big on "AmourShipping". It is great you're passionate about it but there is no reason it should make you sad. This is a discussion forum, people will have differing opinions. Earlier in this series, for example, many wanted Ash to get a Skiddo, myself and others didn't. People would provide "evidence" for and against, no problem. Discussion remained civilised (well, as civilised as Internet discussion can).

You like Serena, want her to stay, and want her and Ash to "relate" - fair enough, those are your feelings. Some others don't think that Serena will stay or "relate" with Ash. I notice a lot of "AmourShipping" evidence tends to be either Bulbapedia hints, which are mostly "male character and female character interact somehow", or "YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY ABSOLUTELY 100% KNOW AHHHHHHHHH". Me personally, I don't think that makes the strongest possible argument. The evidence for Serena leaving isn't "100%" either, but historically the only constants in this series are Ash, Pikachu and Team Rocket. The female characters leave and are replaced by a female character relevant to the next game. Of course, the writers could suddenly, after nearly 20 years, decide to make some changes to the series and make it an actual story, as opposed to a means of selling the games, but I feel that makes a better argument. I don't think you can, hand on heart, deny this either.

Ash is a 10 year old boy. I genuinely didn't have any interest in girls etc when I was 10 years old.

Misty stayed in for a second generation... I don't know why it's so hard to think that the girl could journey to the other region too.. The only thing about the games is that they wouldn't have a character from the games be repped in the anime, which they could still do as the third person traveling. Most guys are really against this because they just want the battles and what not, but the story is important too and how the characters interact. Ash doesn't have to be in love with Serena, but her staying for another generation would make a lot of people really happy.

tommytoe

But is there any concrete proof that the ratings increase when shippy stuff happens?
I don't have any hard numbers but it only takes a quick scan of Twitter, Facebook and the like to see that Amourshipping is a pretty hot topic.
Ugh I wish except they'd lose so much popularity I could just imagine.
Not necessarily. There's a certain other Y7 show that wrapped up in December of 2014 that ended with a romantic pairing between the two female leads. There were a few detractors of course but most of the fandom loved it and there are follow up comics coming out this year. But if Pokemon won't even pull the trigger on a hetero pairing, there's no way they'll have a same sex romance.
Misty stayed in for a second generation... I don't know why it's so hard to think that the girl could journey to the other region too.. The only thing about the games is that they wouldn't have a character from the games be repped in the anime, which they could still do as the third person traveling. Most guys are really against this because they just want the battles and what not, but the story is important too and how the characters interact. Ash doesn't have to be in love with Serena, but her staying for another generation would make a lot of people really happy.
Misty stayed for more than one region, sure, but she was only female character to do so and she's been gone for something like 12 years now. Serana might stick around for Sun and Moon to keep the shiptease going but I kind of doubt it. For what's it's worth, I would like Serana to hang around for another region. I'm indifferent to Amourshipping but any attempt for this show to build a sense of continuity between regions is welcome in my book.

Franckie

My opinion: The writers milk the shipping for all its worth and nothing happens, with Ash and Serena going their separate ways at the conclusion of the Kalos Saga.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
In the games older fans are majority (Japan, Mediacrete, i add a link to the article), in part for this reason, i think they are trying to appel this fanbase in anime too with the shipping, as you said if it hasn't stopped its becouse its working.

I meant the anime viewers cuz I'm pretty sure that school kids are the biggest part of the audience given the themes that the show usually covers. I mean even with Serena's crush on Ash going on, it seems like it's the kind of thing that school kids would understand somewhat since some of them might've experienced a crush themselves. ^^

Torterraaaa

Imo, purely from a writing perspective, Amourshipping will be resolved in some way. The writers won't just leave it at a 'see you'. It's been too much of an integral part of XY for that, and the writers have been reasonably conscientious this saga. Either Serena will confess to Ash, or she will make some sort of decision about bettering herself first, which leads to her taking up Yashio's offer.

If she confesses, it's difficult to know what Ash's response will be, but even if she doesn't I can't see the end of XYZ being the end of Amourshipping. I could see Serena making frequent cameos in the next saga. Really, the only other alternative is if Ash completely shuts her down at the end of the season. Which is possible, but I don't know if the writers would want to go that route.

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Serena's crush on Ash is moreso a quirk than it is something that will be of substance later on. Its sort of the new "Such a kid" or Max lecturing May like a know it all.

Torterraaaa

Serena's crush on Ash is moreso a quirk than it is something that will be of substance later on. Its sort of the new "Such a kid" or Max lecturing May like a know it all.

I disagree. It's been a pretty major feature of her character right from the intro, with a number of recurring motifs, and certainly deserves some sort of resolution from a narrative perspective. After all, Iris's character arc saw her gaining some sort of respect for Ash (so I understand? Couldn't tolerate BW.)

AndStillISpin

But is there any concrete proof that the ratings increase when shippy stuff happens?
No, it's just something baselessly repeated to fuel the thought that the pairing is too popular to drop from the show. The two most prominent AS episodes, the date and the dance, didn't even rank in the top ten anime the weeks they aired in Japan.

RandomIndividual

FinallyGainedEXP
Imo, purely from a writing perspective, Amourshipping will be resolved in some way. The writers won't just leave it at a 'see you'. It's been too much of an integral part of XY for that, and the writers have been reasonably conscientious this saga. Either Serena will confess to Ash, or she will make some sort of decision about bettering herself first, which leads to her taking up Yashio's offer.

If she confesses, it's difficult to know what Ash's response will be, but even if she doesn't I can't see the end of XYZ being the end of Amourshipping. I could see Serena making frequent cameos in the next saga. Really, the only other alternative is if Ash completely shuts her down at the end of the season. Which is possible, but I don't know if the writers would want to go that route.
I think that scene would be very difficult to do, because, while Satoshi may or may not return her feelings, it's hard for me to imagine him just shutting her down. He doesn't understand romance well, so he might very well like her and just not be aware of it, only knowing that he cares for her more than the average friend, but who knows!

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
I disagree. It's been a pretty major feature of her character right from the intro, with a number of recurring motifs, and certainly deserves some sort of resolution from a narrative perspective. After all, Iris's character arc saw her gaining some sort of respect for Ash (so I understand? Couldn't tolerate BW.)

I see them just doing what the english dub of the Original series did for Misty. In other words, nothing will come of it.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
I want Armorshipping to happen, but I doubt it will. The writers gave Serena the pass to the escape hatch.

From a writing standpoint, there has to be some resolution to the crush. All I want is that, be it good or bad.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I am sure it will come to some sort of conclusion in the end.

I am sure she'll either end up telling him and letting him know it's okay because she is going to move on with her journey for herself, or she'll not tell him and decide to keep going with it, but I have a hard time they'll not say anything at all. They may not dedicate a whole episode to the conclusion of Serena's crush, but agreed with torterraa, it is a big part of her character.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
Maybe her crush on Ash will diminish the more she's focused on performing and becoming Palermo's apprentice.

That's what i thought would happen once she found her goal. I though she would drop her crush on him completely in favor of following her dream.

But i think Amourshipping will have some sort of resolution before XYZ is over

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
I think theres a big difference between a dub and an anime staff

That's true, but this is not the first instance in an anime where feelings go unrequited or unresolved. These were the same folks who dropped the Ivy/Brock subplot without even clearing it up.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

I do hope that her crush gets resolved one way or another cuz if it's left open-ended, it would kind of tick me off since we likely won't see her again for a long time after she leaves the cast and I'd rather see her confront Ash and spill the beans than to see her do nothing about it. ^^

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Honestly, I want Ash and Serena to be together. Ever since I started watching Pokemon X&Y I've been shipping Ash/Serena. However, I just don't see them being together in the end....:/

Status
Not open for further replies.