• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spoilers, or no Spoiler's?

Spoilers or no spoilers?

• Spoilers

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No Spoilers

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters

Autis-misc

Abridger
Just wondering this, Does anyone Like having spoiler's to things like Movies, Games, Shows, Sports, The Weather, Exc... Or do you like Having them a secret until it comes?

Mods, if this should be in the Entertainment section then move it.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
Yes and No for me. I do like spoilers to some things (like movies that I don't know for sure if I want to see). But stuff like video games and movies that I am really interested in, I don't like the spoilers.

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
If I'm really into something I'd prefer to not have it spoiled. But I don't mind spoilers and won't make a big deal of it beyond playful whining if it happens to me

Gelatino95

Not a tool
No spoilers. When I first started playing Portal 2, my brother wanted to tell me what happened, but I didn't let him.

It was all the more exciting when Wheatley turned evil.

Spoilers can be good in some ways.

I.E. the weather, I'd much rather be prepared for -30 degree weather than not.

But bad in others.

I.E. I'm excited to see a new movie, then a friend says the hero dies -__-

Ice Blue Dragon

I belive I can fly!
How can you not like spoilers. They are fun to click.
I don't like spoiler, because of the reasons stated above. I am fine with weather spoilers, but game /movie /TV show spoilers are annoying. When I first came to serebii and saw the 2nd starter forms, I nearly had a heart attack.

Aquarelle

Staff member
People who go way out of the way to avoid spoilers piss me the **** off.

I'm the same way. I once had a friend who absolutely refused to tell me the ending to a movie even though I wanted to know. >_>

I really don't care about spoilers, I'll play the game, watch the movie, etc. anyway.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Now i hate spoilers more than i used to because i accidentally on-purpose spoiled this things for my friend and now he spoils stuff for me like movies and books and stuff. I don't mind them to much, but sometimes there are things you don't want spoiled.

~Lati~

Or not :/
I go out of my way to find every spoiler I can, at least with video games. With anything else I don't really care.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I love spoilers, for me it makes me more excited to see what happens with my own eyes, plus it could save you a lot of money lol. Say your going to get a new phone, do you not do research, watch videos, read reviews?? Well those are technically spoilers. Do you go into something not having watched any trailers and not knowing anything about it?? Nope, so you are still spoiled so to speak. Whether or not you wanna admit it, most of the people who voted no watch spoilers too.

Grey Wind

Well I dislike spoiling myself as the game/book/film is always more interesting when you're not spoiler, but I usually end up spoiling myself anyway because I'm too impatient and just want to know what happens.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I tend to avoid spoilers; but don't try too hard to do so. I just avoid say reading site info or threads on the thing in questions to a degree until I watch/get it myself.

Mind you with the weather I most certainly am interested to know what happens the next day (supposedly, anyway).

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Spoilers are only appreciated once in a blue moon, such as the KH3D 8-min spoilers. OMG...they were amazing...Other than that, I'd rather find out about most things by myself as I either watch the movie, or read the book, or play the game.

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
Both for me, it depends if it will ruin the story/plot or something senstive, like did you know ??? is the murder! Those type of spoilers are just rude. Now if the hint of what the movie will have will help me decide if I'll go see it or not, or if the video game I want is worth it, then there okay, I guess. It's really a thin line on how far a spoiler can go and shouldn't go I guess is was I'm saying.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It does depend. If it's for the weather, then obviously I'd prefer to know to avoid any inconveniences, but if it was for the plot of a movie... well why would anyone pay to see something that they already know the end of?