• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SpongeBob SquarePants has its 10th Anniversary

Chowder and Flapjack are not crap, stop being blinded by nostalgia kthx

Seriously, WHAT do you find good about those shows? Other than an..."interesting" art style, there's NOTHING good about them, imo. Seriously, what's so funny about gorging on food, throwing up, and other disgusting situations/environments? Call me old fashioned, but that's not a cartoon, that's just sickening.

Anyways, I don't watch many cartoons anymore, but I'd hope that whatever they do to change this show will help it...its just BAD now.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Chowder and Flapjack are not crap, stop being blinded by nostalgia kthx

Seriously? Dude, you need to stop being blinded by reality. Look at the '90's cartoons. Not only were they the gross-out humor kind, but a number of them were quite smart. Cartoons now lack that quality.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
Actually I don't think it's going to end.
Rugrats (which was like Nick's popular 90's show) lasted around 14 years old and it ended.
Maybe the same thing might happened to Spongebob.
:/
Dont get me wrong some of the new episodes are funny, but a lot of them are pointless. The old ones were the ****.
Plus, isn't there a TV Spongebob movie coming out this fall??

OFF TOPIC: Hehehe I was bored and randomly Wiki'd Spongebob- He has the SAME birthday as me! July 14 lulz Cx Different year though.

Last edited:
Spongebob isn't good anymore after the movie also Fairy Odd Parents they are going downhill ever since they had that kid...

Rex Kamex

Oh my gosh... I forgot about FOP...

It honestly could make it to ten years with new episodes still... (especially if they stretch it out.) Yeah. I don't see it lasting longer than SpongeBob, but stil... Yeah.

See you guys in 2011.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Some people don't like the new episodes of FOP, but I believe they're going great. It could possible reach it's 10th anniversary, but Timmy will never loose his godparents like Jorgen said. (Though, specifically 'a long, long time')

Poof is really alright with me, it just felt a bit downhill when they had to bring in Foop from that ''Poof vs. Foop'' Week.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
^Didnt even know FOP was still going.

I guess its good for Spongebob, he's developed into quite the classic cartoon for a later generation. Whether the episodes are declining or not, he's become a face of the modern child and there's nothing I will really say except good for him.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Come to think about it, I think Nick is showing a marathon in Australia next week or this week or something.

I think the old episodes are the best, but the old ones are still funny at times. Nostalgia plays a part in this.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
I voted like a good fan, and I think that all the post-movie episodes were stupid.
What I don't like is there is no option to vote for my favorite "SpongeBob B.C.,: Before Comedy".

Rex Kamex said:
To me, generally speaking, the movie and the episodes that came episode made SpongeBob and Patrick in particular look exactly the way, IMO, haters of SpongeBob pictured them to be. To me the series basically turned into what I originally praised it for not being.
This I agree with 100%. They used to be smarter, at least SpongeBob did, but now they're total idiots who don't know left from right.

Last edited:

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I'm willing to lay down my life in a bet that "Band Geeks" is going to be the #1 episode. It deserves it, too.

I suppose I'll watch some of the new episodes to show my support (Hah, like Spongebob needs any more support than it already gets!), but it's kind of difficult to believe that it's been around for so long and still going strong. The new episodes may be lackluster, but Spongebob is evolving into a television icon, especially with kids.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
I bet it'll be like The Best Day Ever Top 100 Marathon. These little kids that do NOT know the pre-movie SpongeBob voted for the crappy newer episodes which made top 15, because less original fans like myself voted. I think the Krabby 'O Monday's episode won the #1 spot, otherwise it was something like it.

Rex Kamex

It was "Karate Island" that one. EDIT: Won, not "one." -__-

As for little kids not knowing the pre-movie episodes... that would imply that they never watch reruns. XD They've had plenty of chances watching the older episodes, especially with all the times SpongeBob has come on in general (since that means more chances for possible reruns.)

^Didnt even know FOP was still going.

It came back. It had originally ended, but they made more episodes, starting with Cosmo and Wanda having a baby.

I guess its good for Spongebob, he's developed into quite the classic cartoon for a later generation. Whether the episodes are declining or not, he's become a face of the modern child

Tru' dat.

Cain Nightroad said:
I'm willing to lay down my life in a bet that "Band Geeks" is going to be the #1 episode. It deserves it, too.

Then you're... probably going to die. O__O

Seriously though, "Karate Island" won last time. "Band Geeks" wasn't even close, if I recall. Although that's one of my favorite episodes too. The flag twirlers thing, the Sandy VS Patrick thing where Patrick's outside screaming, and the ending are my favorite parts.

But I don't think "Band Geeks" will win. Or be close, sadly.

Wow, I never knew it's been around for that long. It's a bit overkill now though, so hopefully RIP Spongebob. Patrick was the best all along anyways.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
It started being crap post-movie. But anyway, I don't HAVE cable or live in America so I won't vote.

I prasie Spongebob for being the only section of 90's Nick we have left. The ealier episodes also captured some elements of the zaniness of Rocko's Mordern Life.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
If Band Geeks or Chocolate With Nuts don't win, then I'm gonna cry. :/
Yes, one of the newer episodes are prolly gonna win.

It's my birthday and Spongebob's B-day today hahaha Cx

Rex Kamex

The movie was supposed to be the finale. Since there wasn't a Krusty Krab 2 or anything like that in the episodes afterwards, the newer episodes have to have taken place before the movie.

I prasie Spongebob for being the only section of 90's Nick we have left. The ealier episodes also captured some elements of the zaniness of Rocko's Mordern Life.

The episodes of the first season were animated without using digital paint, so they show their age more easily. Those episodes do remind me of shows of the past. The style of the episodes back then was different from the second and third seasons, but not in a bad way, IMO.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
After all this waiting, Im glad "Goo Goo Gas" is finally going to air during this marathon in the US. Not that I care, it's just they've kept the 5th season going on for a long time. Just because of that partnered episode.

So now, after the marathon, Seasons 5-6 will conclude. But Season 7 will continue moving on. Better late then never I suppose. =P

Last edited:

Melloyu

that Sponge has to die ._. I hate him!
The show is just annoying as hell >_>
how can people watch those kind of things >_>