• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SpongeBob SquarePants has its 10th Anniversary

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
that Sponge has to die ._. I hate him!
The show is just annoying as hell >_>
how can people watch those kind of things >_>

Oh, come on, its a kids show! (abet a good one)

Hopefully, spongebob just will throw a big party for its b-day, and then continue to make episodes

besides it and Fairly OddParents, its the only 2 decent shows left on Nick.

SnorlaxInSlacks

Come here kiddies...
Oh good God Science, Spongebob.
How the mighy have fallen.

Spongebob was, without a doubt, my favorite show. Ever.
I pretty muched watched every episode and know almost all the names of each episode before the movie. (Probably not much of an acheivement, but whatever).
My favorite episodes are, far and away, "The Camping Episode" and "Chocolate with Nuts." Those two are absolute gems of cartoon comedy.
And the movie was awesome, too.

...And theeeeeeeeeeeeeeen... It came back.

I remember "Fear of a Krabby Patty" and "Shell of a Man" airing in 2005, and I watched them. They were... adequite. but they were absolutley nothing in comparison to the donkey-splurge that is the current series.
It's absolutley terrible. I can't even bother to watch any of the new episodes. I stopped after "Dear Vikings," which I swear is the worst thing I've ever seen. Seriously. It was that bad.
The only above average episode I've seen since the movie was "Boat Smarts."

And when the Best Day Ever marathon aired, I was convinced that either Kids of today are absolute dumbtards for voting mostly AWFUL episodes in the top 10, or that the vote was rigged.

And now it's his 10th anneversary.

Happy Birthday, Spongebob. May your old humor rest in peice, and may your current episodes, along with Mighty B, Flapjack, Chowder, and pretty much anything on Nick and CN burn in hell.

:p

Rex Kamex

The documentary was great, IMO. It comes on Nick at Nite later, on the 23rd of July at 10pm. I don't know if I need to spoiler tag this, but...

[SPOIL]Or at least more interesting than I expected. I liked how they mentioned how risky and outrageous it was to do a show about a talking sponge. (Not really surprising, but... yeah.) I think one or the workers said that when they first heard of the idea, they thought the people who thought of it were crazy. Which is not unlike what some haters think about the idea. -__- Interesting, though. And I only did that face because what I mentioned was kinda ironic.

I liked how they showed the workers of the show and all the people involved watching the pilot episode, "Help Wanted." They showed the voice actors for Mermaidman and Barnacleboy, and they even showed SpongeBob's Grandmother's voice actor. The creator of the series, Stephen Hillenburg, mentioned that Plankton had a little guy but the voice of a man, a really strong voice. (I wonder if he knows that in the Japanese version of SpongeBob plankton has a higher pitched voice that fits his size. -__-)

They mentioned the "SpongeBob gay" controversy as well. That was funny how they introduced it, I think. After mentioning that SpongeBob was "accused" of being gay, they showed a scene from one episode of SpongeBob gasping and another scene with Sandy pointing at him and going, "Aha!"

I forgot who it was who became the executive producer of the show, but I think it was one of Stephen Hillenburg's best/favorite writers of the show. At least it wasn't random how production of newer episodes was led. But they talked about Hillenburg's stepping down near the end of the documentary and just mentioned that the show still remained popular. Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life were mentioned. Ideas that didn't end up being used in Rocko's Modern Life were saved for SpongeBob episodes.

Some actor's favorite episode is the cursing one, "Sailor Mouth." By the way, during the "gay" thing, they showed a clip of a comedy act of Whoopie Golberg, and when she cursed they did the dolphin chirps thing. XD

Also, apparently SpongeBob is even popular in prision...

One worker (a writer, maybe?) said that SpongeBob may last/go on for twenty seasons (if it's popular enough, of course). Yaaaaaaaaaaaay wait a minute... Please... no... no offense... but no...

And one of the writers (or other type of worker) mentioned that the characters were "milkable." Okay, he didn't say that, but he did say "milk" or "milking" or something. What he said was the same idea.[/SPOIL]

that Sponge has to die ._. I hate him!
The show is just annoying as hell >_>
how can people watch those kind of things >_>

Don't know what you watched of it, but the style was different

Zenotwapal said:
Hopefully, spongebob just will throw a big party for its b-day, and then continue to make episodes

Yeah, it will.

They said in the documentary that SpongeBob won't be going anywhere anytime soon. (Rats.) What am I going to do after the special in November, I wonder...? I didn't really like the episodes that came after the movie, but I was waiting for the series to reach its ten year anniversary. Now that it's pretty much here... how much longer will SpongeBob last?

Last edited:

Mimori Kiryu

Yay, I'm happy for Spongebob. <3 I've always liked this show and I like the characters a lot. My favorite is Squidward (cartoon bishie~) and my favorite episodes are "Band Geeks", "The Graveyard Shift" and "The Camping Episode". I love them so.

I hope you keep making me laugh Spongebob for many more years to come~

Profesco

gone gently
Wow, ten years already? Good grief, how surreal. In my mental landscape, Spongebob is still a new pop cartoon. Boy, this makes time seem relative indeed. u_u;

Well, kudos, I guess. It sure is amusing at times. Not a bad cartoon to experience. ^_^

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I forgot who it was who became the executive producer of the show, but I think it was one of Stephen Hillenburg's best/favorite writers of the show. At least it wasn't random how production of newer episodes was led. But they talked about Hillenburg's stepping down near the end of the documentary and just mentioned that the show still remained popular. Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life were mentioned. Ideas that didn't end up being used in Rocko's Modern Life were saved for SpongeBob episodes.

THATS why it has some of the Zaniness of RML.

Never knew that o_O.

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Oh good God Science, Spongebob.
How the mighy have fallen.

Spongebob was, without a doubt, my favorite show. Ever.
I pretty muched watched every episode and know almost all the names of each episode before the movie. (Probably not much of an acheivement, but whatever).
My favorite episodes are, far and away, "The Camping Episode" and "Chocolate with Nuts." Those two are absolute gems of cartoon comedy.
And the movie was awesome, too.

Agreed....mostly. IMO, the movie was the start of the slide. Starting with the crappy animation and the plot itself was nothing special. A shame, as the episode just before hte movie (The Camping Episode etc.) were the best the show has ever made (apart from Sailor Mouth that is)

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
this show can get butt raped by Satan, then skull ****ed by Hitler and burn in Sadam Hussein's piss for all i care. the show didnt go downhill after the movie, it went downhill after episode 1. when you think about real hard, but not hard enough that it hurts, Spongebob is the reason cartoons have been getting stupider and stupider...

Poke-Trainer2009

I cant believe it has been 10 years, i ahve always found the show annoying personally but still 10 years Blimey =D

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Oh man, I totally forgot to record the SpongeBob documentary. Oh well, maybe I can catch it later.

But anyway SpongeBob may get trashed a lot, but no matter what, the show still stands. Though, I can't say it's the longest running Nicktoon. (Since SpongeBob has to go another 4 years, to beat the Rugrats' 14 year long run)

MaskedManAbsolkid

I FEEL LIKE POSTING A GENERIC SPONGEBOB POST.

It was "Karate Island" that one. EDIT: Won, not "one." -__-

Karate Island? That horrible episode? The only good thing about that was that it involved Pat Morita, sadly in his last role. The episode was unfunny and was a horrible reference to Kill Bill.

Band Geeks is my favourite Spongebob episode, although I also like Sailor Mouth, Chocolate With Nuts, The Camping Episode and Bubble Buddy. Some newer episodes are just horrible however. Stanley S. Squarepants is just...why?

Rex Kamex

^ Again, it comes on at Nick at Nite on the 23 at 10PM. I'm sure VH1 will rerun it sometime, but I don't know when...

And at least you can say it's the longest current running (with new episodes) Nicktoon on Nickelodeon.

this show can get butt raped by Satan, then skull ****ed by Hitler and burn in Sadam Hussein's piss for all i care. the show didnt go downhill after the movie, it went downhill after episode 1.

Wait... "After episode 1"? (I thought you meant "since.")

when you think about real hard, but not hard enough that it hurts, Spongebob is the reason cartoons have been getting stupider and stupider...

You just reminded me of Coconut Fred's... =(

Another show with a simple idea, but... look what happened to it. (I barely remember, wasn't that a show that had similarities of SpongeBob?)

EDIT: Square Roots comes on today at 4PM on VH1.

Last edited:

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Originally Posted by Rex Kamex
Wait... "After episode 1"? (I thought you meant "since.")

that is waht i meant. but it was in the morning and i had woken up 10 minutes before i posted, so i wasnt thinking at 100%.

You just reminded me of Coconut Fred's... =(

Another show with a simple idea, but... look what happened to it. (I barely remember, wasn't that a show that had similarities of SpongeBob?)

it didnt have just a few similarities, it was exactly the same, just on land. and now theres others that are too similar (Flapjack and Chowder to name a few)

Last edited:

Darkrai00

.*.*.*.*.
spongebob is amazing, the random funnyness just makes you pee your pants sometimes (not literally though if you do consult a doctor)
patrick is so retarded its hilarious

Grei

not the color
After the movie it sucked, and hasn't gotten much better, but during it's middle years, Spongebob was the greatest. Band Geeks was one of the best episodes.

Nny

Yeah, about that...
I remember watching all the episodes when they first came out. Hilarious stuff.

I like more of the older spongebob episodes. The newer ones don't really do it for me. :(

My favorite episode is the one where Spongebob and Mr. Krabs thought they killed a health inspector, haha.

Displeased Owl

NCTH Leader
Agree with the above poster. I don't watch it anymore but it was at its prime back in the day, with the first 60 eps. The movie was OK and it kinda went downhill. There's only so much you can do before you start jumping the shark *coughcoughsimpsonscoughcough*