• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SpongeBob SquarePants has its 10th Anniversary

All the people saying it went down after the movie are clearly band-wagoners, or never actually watched those episode. Unless of course they have a legitimate reason to say that because they really do think the new episodes suck...

Anyway, I'm not much of a fan of the show, but I think some of the newer episodes are pretty good, and some are just plain terrible. You could say that to the pre-movie episodes too, as some were quite good, and others were just awful. Like the Movie itself, I didn't like it much.

Opinion, opinion...

Darkrai00

.*.*.*.*.
After the movie it sucked, and hasn't gotten much better, but during it's middle years, Spongebob was the greatest. Band Geeks was one of the best episodes.

um, after the movie it was fine, alot of people are saying that it sucked but no. but i do agree with you that band geeks was awesome. that has always been my favorite episode.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I loved the mid life of Sponge bob, (which was a little bit before and after the movie came out)

I loved the Krusty Krab Training Video one.

SnorlaxInSlacks

Come here kiddies...
All the people saying it went down after the movie are clearly band-wagoners, or never actually watched those episode. Unless of course they have a legitimate reason to say that because they really do think the new episodes suck...
Or, you know, maybe they just suck.

Spongebob went a little downhill, but not as badly as Fairly Odd Parents. There's still some amusing Spongebob episodes being made every so often so I still find it mildly entertaining. Reruns can get tiring though...I mean, Jesus Christ Nick.

Either way it's been an alright 10 years for it.

Rex Kamex

That's it. Considering there are a lot of people on both "sides" of this issue, it's not really much to "jump the bandwagon" on. I developed a bad feeling about the post-movies episodes since I saw the first commercial for them. (And before, when I found out they just continue to make new episodes, I was happy to hear about that.)

Anyway, I'm not much of a fan of the show, but I think some of the newer episodes are pretty good, and some are just plain terrible. You could say that to the pre-movie episodes too, as some were quite good, and others were just awful.

Not to the extent that many of the post-movies were, IMO. The worst one before the movie, to me, was "Ugh." Honestly, it bored me. There was only two things I thought were funny in that whole thing. "Reef Blowers" was short, but I still didn't really care for it/like it. "Gary Takes a Bath" wasn't that good for me either. "The Sponge Who Could Fly" became predictable at a point. Those are the only episodes I have the biggest problems with before the movie. But to me there were a lot more good and memorable episodes I would recommend to someone who doesn't like SpongeBob.

"Just One Bite" (the original version- one scene was cut out later on- is there any legal release for this episode that still has that scene?), "Band Geeks", "Dying for Pie", "Chocolate With Nuts", "Doing Time", "Bubble Buddy", "MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy IV", "Mid Life Crustacean", "Wormy", "Sandy, Spongebob, and the Worm", "Wet Painters", and "Sailor Mouth" are some of those episodes, for various reasons.

Like the Movie itself, I didn't like it much.

Seeing the promo for new post-movie episodes made the series look like the movie, which I didn't like, since to me, the movie made SpongeBob and Patrick look dumber than ever before.

Opinion, opinion...

That's the key thing, no matter what people say about the show. Including something like this...

SnorlaxInSlacks said:
Or, you know, maybe they just suck.

katkat

InsertDramaticMusic
Spongebob's as old as me now XD
The newer episodes aren't as good as old ones (band geeks,pressure( I think that is the title. The one were they go on land and get attacked by seagulls?) etc)but a couple newer ones were good (New Digs, Krabs a la mode etc)
but spongebob ROUND pants? come on (I don't know much about it though, it may be good)

but nick it's self has gone downhill (mighty B, shows jumping the shark,etc.) There are only about 3 shows I tune into with some anticipation: FoP (Fairly odd Parents) and PoM (Penguins of Madagascar) and avatar extras (or normal avatar) What? I like acronyms and parentheses ^_^ and I watch some sponge bob re-runs...but anyway, I'll tune in to see how it goes.

but that's just my opinion anyway

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I really liked the old episodes of Spongebob, because the form of stupidity that was shown throughout the episodes was really funny. However, as newer and newer episodes are being created, the show's turning from humourous stupidity to just stupidity. I mean, now when I look at the new episodes, I barely let out a single laugh.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Spongebob is tied right up there with Pokemon for my favorite TV show EVER. Seriously, several of my friends and I are complete Spongebob fanatics. I loved the movie, and I also like most of the post-movie episodes. You all do realize that everything after season 3 is post-movie? We're now on season 7. Add it up. Most of the episodes in the series are post-movie. I'll agree with most and say that late season 2 and season 3 contain the best of the best episodes, but people who are jumping on the bandwagon and saying that everything after the movie is bad clearly have not seen episodes like "Life in a Day" and "Not Normal."

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Peruse that site. It is fantastic. You can see under what seasons your favorite episodes fall.

Anyway.... XD

I'm actually getting together with a few friends after I leave work to kick off the Spongebash. I'll be at work most of the day tomorrow, but I can watch most of my favorite episodes online anytime anyway (TurboNick is your friend). My favorite character would have to be Squidward. I love most of the episodes he's prominent in, and I think he's one of the deepest characters in the show. I like his personality, and I think he's the character I identify most with. XP My two favorite episodes would probably have to be "Mid-Life Crustacean" and "Can You Spare a Dime?" It's really hard to narrow down my favorite episodes though. I love just about all of them. I had an EXTREMELY hard time voting for my top 10 on the Spongebash site. It was really impossible to pick my absolute top ten.

Emo_Kirlia

Ahh...I grew up with SpongeBob...
On the voting website thing my favirote one I voted for was the Halloween Special were he can't find a good costume so he shaves his whole head except for his brain and puts a sheet over him to look like a ghost and when the Flying Dutchman takes the sheet off everyone runs away from him because of his brain. The first time I saw that I almost died laughing! xD
some of the others I voted for were Chaperone, Band Geeks, I was a Teenage Gary, KK Training video, Help Wanted, and I forgot the rest.
Why do they rarely ever show the Weenie Hut JR. Episode anymore? that was one of my favirote episodes...

Oh I forgot. My favirote scene in Spongebob EVER is in Just One Bite were Squidward tries to get to the Patty Vault but he steps in gas and a match falls on it and he gets blown up multiple times, But this got cut out because it aired near 9/11/2001 (my birthday is 9/13 :() and it showed explosions and Nick was sensitive about explosions after 9/11.

Last edited:

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
Oh I forgot. My favirote scene in Spongebob EVER is in Just One Bite were Squidward tries to get to the Patty Vault but he steps in gas and a match falls on it and he gets blown up multiple times, But this got cut out because it aired near 9/11/2001 (my birthday is 9/13 ) and it showed explosions and Nick was sensitive about explosions after 9/11.

That and I also heard that they cut it because they thought it would teach little kids to play with fire.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I sort of like the humor in the old episodes. Like when Patrick says to Spongebob's ear, "I'm so close to the truth, I can almost taste it". Then he licks what appears to be Spongebob's ear but it reveals that he was only licking a yellow popsicle.

I think it's gone downhill because of the change of its humor. For example, that episode where Mr. Krabs wants Spongebob and Patrick to spy on Plankton, but it turned out Mr. Krabs was Plankton and Plankton was Mr. Krabs. That was a dumb episode.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
I sort of like the humor in the old episodes. Like when Patrick says to Spongebob's ear, "I'm so close to the truth, I can almost taste it". Then he licks what appears to be Spongebob's ear but it reveals that he was only licking a yellow popsicle.

I think it's gone downhill because of the change of its humor. For example, that episode where Mr. Krabs wants Spongebob and Patrick to spy on Plankton, but it turned out Mr. Krabs was Plankton and Plankton was Mr. Krabs. That was a dumb episode.

Awww I loved that episode! I was lol'ing when I first saw that one Cx That was the episode when Spongebob threw a peanut at a giant clam and it was crying sooo loudly, haha I loved that episode!

Oh the Spy Buddies episode was sooo confusing I hated it xC

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
So far in 1:20 minutes of the marathon, it's ok right now. Round Pants was alright, and Im just sitting back and enjoying the rest of the marathon. :p

Rex Kamex

You all do realize that everything after season 3 is post-movie? We're now on season 7. Add it up. Most of the episodes in the series are post-movie.

No one's denying that. XD

There being more post-movie episodes than pre-movie episodes was bound to happen eventually, though. (Actually, I made a list of every single individual episode of Spongebob, and, not including the movie, I got exactly the same amount of post-movie episodes as pre-movie episodes. But I have to update the list anyway. ^__^)

I had an EXTREMELY hard time voting for my top 10 on the Spongebash site. It was really impossible to pick my absolute top ten.

Normally I'd just say "the first ten that come to your mind", but I've been forgetting "Wet Painters" in recent years because I haven't seen that episode much, and it used to be my favorite episode. It still is one of my top ten, though. In fact, that was one of the eleven that I mentioned in a previous post. Take out "Mid-Life Crustacean" and I think you have my top ten.

Or you can just say, "What episodes would you definitely show someone who doesn't like SpongeBob, to try to get them to like them?" And imagine them picking which specific episode out of those ten to watch at all, or watch first. So each of the ten episodes must be worth it to you.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
I watched Spongebob Roundpants... it was hilarious Cx But I think they've should have made it longer like what they did to Whobob Whatpants. That was what I was expecting. But, ah well.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I just saw a small preview of a Sunday new episode. It seems pretty interesting, though it's a another one of those Plankton's schemes to steal the formula. Basically, he steals SpongeBob's memory on how to make Krabby Patties. Sounds like a must watch.