• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spongebob Squarepants

cantavanda

Blue Rose Princess
Hmm, imagine how it will be in 2020, full of guns?

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Squidward is literally the only fish under the sea with an ounce of intelligence. That is why he is my favorite.

Spongebob is seriously one of the stupidest characters I have ever seen. Patrick is awesome lol

I remember the Band Geeks episodes. Squidward was awesome in that episode D8 Patrick and Plankton are my favorites.
"THIS IS MY LAB! ...AND THIS! IS MY LABROTARY!"

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
Worst spongebob ever is by far the splinter one. it is just horribly and utterly wrong! I didnt even think that the plankton winning a patty was even that bad. Much worse ones out there.

FairGamer9215

I doubt the old episodes were really all that innocent... ;P I was rewatching some old episodes last night when I couldn't go to sleep and there's a LOT of hidden innuendos that a kid will not understand. :p
"Ah, make out reef. Good times, good times."
"Patrick, your genius is showing." "WHERE?! O+O
Then there's statue with the shell as censorship...need I explain more? :p

True, there were innuendos and other such things that go *hint hint* "'Try kelp chips. They're delicious.' They most certainly are not delicious." "Not the way I use 'em!"

But at least these were actually funny! Now its outright graphic violence (yes, there was violence, like in karate episodes. But it was comedic, not GRAPHIC. Toenail, toenail, toenail...), torture pron, indifference, stupidity, and waaaaaay too much story. I don't mind a story, but...at least try to make a good one. The Shuffle boarding episode's plot changed abruptly mid episode, and the Vikings episode, which really had no real plot at all besides "ooooh, Vikings!...-_-

Point is, its not the glory days. There were some questionable matters, yes, but they were shrouded, not front in center.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
The worst Spongebob for me is either the splinter episode or the one where Spongebob got stuck in the wringer.

Though the one where he cries a lot wasn't too far behind.

Someone posted the Top 20 Worst Spongebob Episodes video a while back, and while I don't agree with the entirety of the list, I still liked the video :)

PsychicPsycho

You mean Earworm, oh god, I really hated that episode, it's like they tried to make sure the song was stuck in your head by playing it as much as possible, causing YOU to have the earworm as well, the song was so annoying that they would play it every 5 seconds, to the point where once the episode was over, I went straight to Youtube and started playing Gangnam Style to get the "Musical Doodle" song out of my head as quickly as possible.
I think the episode is fine, but I did get the song stuck in my head once. And I'm not sure what to think about the Gangnam Style (how to you pronounce that 'G' word?) thing. Would you normally like or hate that song?
With Pets or Pests mentioned earlier, the ending is stupid, I could buy them being very rare and valuable pets, heck I could buy fish wanting them after that fact, but Mr. Krabs, the same guy that charges you $2 to breathe and $10 to exist, sold 5 worms for $5 each, only making $25 if they were as valuable as to make the fish heel turn for them, then they should not have been $5 a pop.
I noticed that too. I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be $599.00 or $5.99
What's more is that they shoehorn in Plankton into the special just for the sake of having him in the special, he basically did nothing at all, and was there just to be there.
I thought the part where he talks about picking a tank that matched his shoes was funny. Although I didn't dislike the episode as a whole anyway
Hmm, imagine how it will be in 2020, full of guns?
It'll all be chrome

Lanik

The worst episode for me was the Main Drain. IT. MADE. NO. SENSE. The ending was terrible. The whole episode had no redeeming qualities. Where did that oversized drain took bikini bottom and everyone in it?

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
The worst episode for me was the Main Drain. IT. MADE. NO. SENSE. The ending was terrible. The whole episode had no redeeming qualities. Where did that oversized drain took bikini bottom and everyone in it?

I know right, it's not my least favorite episode, but I never even understood it, the plot made no sense at all, and the ending was just plain cliche and bad, and made even less sense than the rest of the episode, and a bunch of plot holes were present throughout.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I remembered the episode Chocolate with Nuts today, probably my favourite episode. It was so funny, I remember all the lines too but my favourite part has to be with the old hags.

"Hello young lady..."
giggles
"...is your mother home?"
"MA!"
"What? What's all that yelling?"
traumatized stares
"You just can't wait for me to die, can you?"
"They're sellin' chocolates."
"Chocolate?"
"Yeah."
"What? What are they selling?"
"Chocolates!"
"What?"
"Chocolates!"
"I can't hear you!"
"They're sellin' chocolates!"
"They're sellin' chocolates?"
"Yeah!"
"Oh, chocolate. I remember when they first invented chocolate. Sweet, sweet chocolate...I ALWAYS HATED IT!"
"Oh, but this chocolate's not for eating, it's for..."
"You rub it on your skin and makes you live forever."
"No, no, no, please no..."
"Live forever you say? I'll take one."
facefin
"Now come on you lazy Mary, start rubbin' me with that chocolate!"
"I hate you..."
door is slammed shut

As for the newer episodes, oh well, cash is cash so what can I say for the writers? As long as the majority of the kids eat it up, it's fine. My least favourite episode has to be the Splinter. So gross...

FairGamer9215

I remembered the episode Chocolate with Nuts today, probably my favourite episode. It was so funny, I remember all the lines too but my favourite part has to be with the old hags.

Ah, yes, that is a grand one. Some of the best quotes in that one. My personal faves (paraphrased):

"What should we do now?"

"Hmmm...I know! Let's get naked!"

"No, let's save that for when we're selling real estate."
"We just have to flatter the customer."

They knock. Man opens his door. "Hello?"

"I love you."

Man quickly shuts door.
And, of course...

"Chocolates? You're selling chocolate? CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE!"

A fine episode indeed...

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
"Chocolate with Nuts" is an instant favorite, but I almost completely forgot about "Snowball Effect", and it has to be one of my favorite episodes. The writing and humor is perfect in this episode with just the way the dialogue bounces off each other, the running gag of Squidward's fire being put out is timed right, it's got a lot of memorable lines/moments, e.g.:

Plankton: What's this? Drops of rain frozen into ice crystals? I shall harness their energy to rule the world!

(snowflakes pile up on top of Plankton when he laughs)

Plankton: Stop! I wish to rule you!

---

Patrick: Snow angel! (falls on ground laughing and flails arms and legs around, then gets up to find he only made a circle) Oh. (gets hit with snowball from behind)
SpongeBob: (whistles "innocently")
Patrick: Thanks a lot, SpongeBob! When you were standing there whistling, someone threw a snowball at me.
SpongeBob: Did the snowball look like this? (throws snowball in Patrick's face)
Patrick: Yes.

---

Squidward: Patrick, pretend I'm SpongeBob.
Patrick: And who am I?
Squidward: ...You're Patrick.
SpongeBob: Can I be Mr. Krabs?
Squidward: No! Wait, why?
SpongeBob: He's a good leader.
Squidward: WILL YOU BUTT OUT?!
Patrick: Hey, you can't speak to Mr. Krabs like that, Squidward!

---

Squidward: (after making a half-assed fort) See, back here I am perfectly...(Patrick throws a snowball at Squidward's face)
SpongeBob: ...exposed.

---

Patrick: SpongeBob?
SpongeBob: (looks at Patrick's belly button, with an icicle hanging out of it) Yes, Patrick?
Patrick: I thinks Squidward's taking this really seriously. That last one had his clarinet in it. (has clarinet stuck to his forehead)

---

Squidward: (after having made his huge fort) Now, where are they?
(snow falls from tree on to his head)
Squidward: The first shot has been fired!
(more snow falls)
Squidward: Take this, Patrick!
(more snow falls)
Squidward: Taste my frozen Fury!
(snow falls again)
Squidward: Victory is mine!
(snow falls, and the camera zooms out revealing that the falling snow is coming from a coral tree above him)

---

There's a lot about this episode I love. I think my brother might have it memorized, he kept quoting alongside Patrick, since he tends to have some of the funnier lines in the episode.

MasterLucario

No life till leather
"Patrick don't you have to be stupid somewhere else?"
"Not till 4"

"This one says best deal in town... But this one says best deal around.... Around, in town... Ah heck, i'll get them both!"

PsychicPsycho

Squidward: Patrick, pretend I'm SpongeBob.
Patrick: And who am I?
Squidward: ...You're Patrick.
SpongeBob: Can I be Mr. Krabs?
Squidward: No! Wait, why?
SpongeBob: He's a good leader.
Squidward: WILL YOU BUTT OUT?!
Patrick: Hey, you can't speak to Mr. Krabs like that, Squidward!
I like the rest of it too...

Squiward: I'm Spongebob, you're Patrick (throws snowball at Patrick). Now, what are you going to do?
(Patrick throws snowball at Squidward)
Squidward: Patrick, why didn't you hit Spongebob?
Patrick: You said you were Spongebob, Spongebob.
Spongebob: Arrgg, it's true, Mr. Squidward! Now get back to work!
anyone watching the christmas special on right now? its weird cause its claymation-esque.
I missed it tonight while watching football. I'll probably catch it some other time.
"Patrick don't you have to be stupid somewhere else?"
"Not till 4"
I liked the part later in the episode when Spongebob tells them he's not going outside anymore-

Sandy: That's crazy talk.
Patrick: That's not crazy talk, this is crazy talk- GLABLEEB-GLABLAB! GABLEEB-GABLAB! GLEHGLEHGLEH! BLELBLBLBLELBL

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I liked the part later in the episode when Spongebob tells them he's not going outside anymore-

Sandy: That's crazy talk.
Patrick: That's not crazy talk, this is crazy talk- GLABLEEB-GLABLAB! GABLEEB-GABLAB! GLEHGLEHGLEH! BLELBLBLBLELBL
Penny, Chip, and Used-Napkin...such good characters. The gorilla was the best part though.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Spongebob is pretty hallerious XD It's been awile since I last watched him though lol

Doux

The older episodes, I'd say season 4 and prior for the most part, are great.
My favorite episode is probably "Christmas Who?". It was in the second season...the new 3D Spongebob Christmas special was a disappointment of massive proportions.