• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spongebob Squarepants

PsychicPsycho

Hello is this the Krusty Krab?
No this is Patrick.
Hello it this the Krusty Krab?
*No, this is Partick!*
Hello, is this the Krusty Krab?
*NO THIS IS PARTICK!*
Patrick that's the name of the resteraunt.
Oh tartar sauce.
That one's funny, but I prefer the bit where he's trying to teach Patrick how to open the jar.
I don't think anyone's brought this up, but hasn't anyone noticed just how violent the newer episodes have been?
I can't really think of a lot examples, but I've thought that as well. Something that comes to mind is when somebody's trying to shut a door, but Spongebob's under it so it scrapes his face off, and when he sits up up can see his underlying muscles. Eww...

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Krabs: Squidward! Look after the children, I want them to stay here and buy as many patties as possible!
Squidward: *Moans*
Plankton: *Watches with binoculars in the chum bucket* I'll steal that formula...
Squidward: *Continues moaning, children pounce on him and take the patties*
Plankton: Never trust kids Squidward, never trust kids...

That moment made me lol so much :D

Plankton is my favourite character, with patrick krabs and squidward following. I remember one episode where Plankton tried to fool the krusty krab workers into painting his chum bucket, while he went to steal the formula. Spongebob brought Patrick along, and spongebob made normal windows much to plankton's dismay, while patrick noticed it and followed his orders and plankton praises him. Patrick doesn't understand him and smashes the window, and walks to another side to do the painting.

dd1zzle

Spongebob is the best show ever. I remember the first time I saw it. It was after the 1999 Nickolodeon's Kids Choice Award!

grantholomew

accually is dolan
Hey, where are you going?
To my job.
You have a job?
Why wouldn't I? I'm not some kind of lazy inconsiderate jerk who lays in bed all day.
Say, where can I get one of these...jobs?
Oh they're everywhere. Especially if you're green and have six tentacles.
Thanks. I'm gonna go look for one so that I can stop mooching off my friends and they can get back to their lives!
This isn't my show. SpongeBob, the remote control is broken! Get over here and fix it!
I've got a better idea. Why don't I call someone whose JOB is to fix it? You know why? Because when I want a JOB done I get someone with a JOB to do that JOB!
What are you saying?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

ParaChomp

be your own guru
If only Spongebob were like My Little Pony...

Kokonina

*loud tuba noise*
[SPOILER ALERT!: MAY AFFECT ALL YOUR CHILDHOOD]

I Used to like Spogebob, But since i read Squidward's Suicide i dont like it Anymore
Actually, Its Scary For me.
~

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I thought that it was universally established that Spongebob wasn't good anymore after the movie.

It was, but since most people here are under the age of 13-14 Ish then most of them are going to say they love it and such But I agree about it being bad after the movie which originally was suppose to be the Sponge's finale.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
It was, but since most people here are under the age of 13-14 Ish then most of them are going to say they love it and such But I agree about it being bad after the movie which originally was suppose to be the Sponge's finale.

It didn't help the popularity really soared during the movie's release, thus getting it into Nickelodeon's heads to beg them to continue making more episodes.

I honestly think SpongeBob went downhill after "Atlantis SquarePantis" aired. The episodes right after the movie were still funny, but then they decided to go down the musical route. I believe they did have one or two episodes prior to "Atlantis SquarePantis" where the characters sang at least one song, but that whole episode was pretty much dedicated to singing. It was rather painful to sit through, though the animation for some sequences were pretty neat.

grantholomew

accually is dolan
It didn't help the popularity really soared during the movie's release, thus getting it into Nickelodeon's heads to beg them to continue making more episodes.

I honestly think SpongeBob went downhill after "Atlantis SquarePantis" aired. The episodes right after the movie were still funny, but then they decided to go down the musical route. I believe they did have one or two episodes prior to "Atlantis SquarePantis" where the characters sang at least one song, but that whole episode was pretty much dedicated to singing. It was rather painful to sit through, though the animation for some sequences were pretty neat.

I agree. Some of the episodes right after the movie still had Steven Hillenburg's influence, and even though there were some weird ones, most were still pretty good (lol Bummer Vacation was hilarious) but then Atlantis Squarepants was too hard to watch with constant singing and now it's hard to watch any of the new ones. The new Halloween episode Ghoul Fools was okay though.

grantholomew

accually is dolan
I've been waiting for you, Patrick!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I've been waiting for you, Patrick!

[IMG139]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41597_133760483323023_781_n.jpg[/IMG139]

What's wrong with musical episodes, inherently?

The musical episodes are bad for a few reasons.

One: the songs aren't even that great.
Two: some of the actors can't sing very well in their character's voices (I'm looking at Squidward here, though SpongeBob has had his moments).
Three: they're sporadic and come out of freakin' nowhere.
Four: they're non-Disney, musicals should only be for Disney because they at least know how to write songs and get the right people to sing the songs.

That's just my reasoning. If you like the musical episodes, fine, but I don't like them in SpongeBob. It's really out-of-place.

h3llsing3r007

The Ravager
ahhhhh brings back memories, I used to watch it a lot :p

GalladeX

[IMG139]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41597_133760483323023_781_n.jpg[/IMG139]

The musical episodes are bad for a few reasons.

One: the songs aren't even that great.
Two: some of the actors can't sing very well in their character's voices (I'm looking at Squidward here, though SpongeBob has had his moments).
Three: they're sporadic and come out of freakin' nowhere.
Four: they're non-Disney, musicals should only be for Disney because they at least know how to write songs and get the right people to sing the songs.

That's just my reasoning. If you like the musical episodes, fine, but I don't like them in SpongeBob. It's really out-of-place.

That's the point. It doesn't take itself seriously at all - that's why most of the VAs purposely suck at singing, and why the songs are weird and come out of nowhere. Disney's musicals are 'serious' (in comparison) and take themselves seriously. That's the difference.