• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spongebob Squarepants

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
^Never saw the new Christmas special, but I could tell it would suck :p

My favorite episode is still "Have You Seen This Snail?".

FairGamer9215

^Never saw the new Christmas special, but I could tell it would suck :p

My favorite episode is still "Have You Seen This Snail?".

Actually, I've heard the special wasn't bad. It wasn't great, not by a long shot, but it was actually decent compared to more recent episodes. Apparently Tom Kenney (voice of the Sponge himself) had a lot of control of the writing on this episode. This guy actually explains my own opinion of it pretty well: LINK

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Actually, I've heard the special wasn't bad. It wasn't great, not by a long shot, but it was actually decent compared to more recent episodes. Apparently Tom Kenney (voice of the Sponge himself) had a lot of control of the writing on this episode. This guy actually explains my own opinion of it pretty well: LINK

Huh... well, I did see... well hear it (I was working on a puzzle at the time, and didn't want to look at the creepy stop-motion designs), and I thought it was an okay premise. It did feel like SpongeBob at times, but Christmas Who? is still the better Christmas special from the show, if only because the jokes were clever/funny, and the song was catchier.

Meanwhile, I found a new Top 20 Worst SpongeBob Episodes video from MobrosStudios, only it's a fan edition version--it's not his top 20 choices, it was his viewers' choices, which I agree with a lot of (though I'm surprised "Squid Baby" wasn't on it), especially with "SpongeBob vs The Big One". That was a disappointment. I only watched it because my friend (whom was spending the night as well as a few other friends) wanted to see Johnny Depp's cameo character.

His booty shorts was freakin' creepy o____O...

Same with "Truth or Square", although it was mentioned a good number of times before, so no need to give any explanation about what's horrible about it.

(Though I wonder what this "Top 10 Best DON'T EVEN ASK" is... if it's even SpongeBob-related...)

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
It came out on Netflix a few weeks back, I have watched a few episodes. I never watched it when it first came out, some of the stuff is funny but most of it to me is just weird and odd.

FairGamer9215

Huh... well, I did see... well hear it (I was working on a puzzle at the time, and didn't want to look at the creepy stop-motion designs), and I thought it was an okay premise. It did feel like SpongeBob at times, but Christmas Who? is still the better Christmas special from the show, if only because the jokes were clever/funny, and the song was catchier.

Well, of COURSE Christmas Who? was better. No arguing about that. It was made back in the days of great spongebob, so no doubt is it superior. I remember losing it after Squidward said "his favorite underpants" before opening the gift SoongeBob gave him. That face, man...XD

Meanwhile, I found a new Top 20 Worst SpongeBob Episodes video from MobrosStudios, only it's a fan edition version--it's not his top 20 choices, it was his viewers' choices, which I agree with a lot of (though I'm surprised "Squid Baby" wasn't on it), especially with "SpongeBob vs The Big One". That was a disappointment. I only watched it because my friend (whom was spending the night as well as a few other friends) wanted to see Johnny Depp's cameo character.

His booty shorts was freakin' creepy o____O...

I agreed with most of the MoBros picks as well, even the fan ones. Though, really, you can pick most of the crap from seasons 4-8, mix em up, pick 20 random ones, and you would still probably get 20 horrible episodes to rag on. Its not a hard thing to conceive, really.

And I have no comment for the booty shorts. Just................no.

Same with "Truth or Square", although it was mentioned a good number of times before, so no need to give any explanation about what's horrible about it.

(Though I wonder what this "Top 10 Best DON'T EVEN ASK" is... if it's even SpongeBob-related...)

Specials are waaaaaay over hyped by Nick, and then the show actually plays and its boring as sh*t. That's Nick's main problem. If you hype something, it has to be worthwhile, or else its gonna be a HUGE letdown and people aren't gonna believe them when they put out a new special, even if that one is any good. I think that's what happened to the new Christmas special, it got written off by everyone because we all just flat out gave up on new spongebob being any good. I have, at least.

And as for the Top 10 thing, he will be counting down the Top 10 BEST Spongebob episode, but its gonna be waaaaaay later, because he's focusing on other projects beforehand. It'll probably take quite a while before we see it, but I cannot wait until we get it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Well, of COURSE Christmas Who? was better. No arguing about that. It was made back in the days of great spongebob, so no doubt is it superior. I remember losing it after Squidward said "his favorite underpants" before opening the gift SoongeBob gave him. That face, man...XD

I like the jackass joke, it's very reminiscent of a previous Looney Tunes short "Falling Hare". Awesome stuff.

I agreed with most of the MoBros picks as well, even the fan ones. Though, really, you can pick most of the crap from seasons 4-8, mix em up, pick 20 random ones, and you would still probably get 20 horrible episodes to rag on. Its not a hard thing to conceive, really.

Yeah, can't argue with that. There wasn't that much crap in season four, maybe even season five, but after that... yeah, it was getting out-of-hand.

Specials are waaaaaay over hyped by Nick, and then the show actually plays and its boring as sh*t. That's Nick's main problem. If you hype something, it has to be worthwhile, or else its gonna be a HUGE letdown and people aren't gonna believe them when they put out a new special, even if that one is any good. I think that's what happened to the new Christmas special, it got written off by everyone because we all just flat out gave up on new spongebob being any good. I have, at least.

Good Lord, and I thought 4KIDS was bad at hyping up stuff. Yeah, back then specials were worth all the hype ("Shanghaied" for example, especially because it was funnier on the air than what they did on the DVD), but I think they figure because "Hey, it's SpongeBob" people were going to watch it either way. Sure enough, that was the case, but thankfully, I hear it wasn't too well-received compared to other specials. It still got views and I guess DVD sales aren't too bad, but it's still ridiculous. I hope Nickelodeon gets its head out of its butt as it's kissing SpongeBob's butt soon, but odds are against us. I don't think they were too fazed by the 30% ratings drop, otherwise they would've done something by now.

...or was that the reason why they bought the rights to the Ninja Turtles, to help boost ratings?

And as for the Top 10 thing, he will be counting down the Top 10 BEST Spongebob episode, but its gonna be waaaaaay later, because he's focusing on other projects beforehand. It'll probably take quite a while before we see it, but I cannot wait until we get it.

"Band Geeks" will be in the top three, hands down.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I agree that Squid Baby should have been on the list, I'm surprised it wasn't in the fan edition. The worst episode, though, HAS to be the Plankton (almost) suicide one (forgot what it was even about, that's all I remembered).

A recent special that doesn't suck? I have to watch that sometime.

Bananarama

The light is coming
What I truly love are the memes. "You like Krabby Patties, don't you Squidward?" and "The Ugly Barnacle" are some favorites.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
What I truly love are the memes. "You like Krabby Patties, don't you Squidward?" and "The Ugly Barnacle" are some favorites.
All I can find for the Krabby Patties meme is ponies (not hating on the fans). The funnier meme to me is handsome Squidward. Heck, that episode wasn't half bad actually.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Anyone here see MoBrosStudios Top 20 Worst Spongebob episodes? I just now found it :( I don't know how I didn't know about it for as long as I did...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Here's a tricky one...

What is everyone's favorites from the newer seasons?

I found Krusty Towers ok until the ending.

I liked that episode, which surprised me. I mean not only do I dislike most of the new episodes, but I also tend to dislike episodes that heavily involve the Krusty Krab and/or Krabby Patties. I just think those concepts are incredibly overused and reductive at this point. Aside from that episode though, I also liked "Night Light" and "Sponge Henge."

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I have yet to watch any of the few episodes to air in 2013; the last episode I watched was the 2nd Christmas special in clay mation.

"Don't be a jerrrrrrk~" That jingle felt catchy after awhile. Until there was not much to go off of that.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't watch Spongebob a lot, but I liked Bumper to Bumper...until the ending.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

I'm looking at the list of episodes right now, and so far, I'm gonna have to say "Not Normal". I actually didn't mind that one, though "normal" Squidward is very frightening. *shudders*

ParaChomp

be your own guru

I'm looking at the list of episodes right now, and so far, I'm gonna have to say "Not Normal". I actually didn't mind that one, though "normal" Squidward is very frightening. *shudders*
The Two Faces of Squidward, so odd but the fetish builds up to the ending where...oh my god, second sexiest cartoon character EVER!

Don't mean to interrupt your topic of discussion but I was fiddling around on YouTube and found the episode Reef Blower in reverse. Interesting stuff but let's continue to share what are your favourite episodes that come after season 3.

FairGamer9215

Hmmm....its tough for anything later, but I'd have to say Fear of A Krabby Patty from season...4, I think. It was one of the last episodes I can still laugh hysterically at today. My favorite quotes:

Mr. Krabs: Boy, listen, I need you to *muffled Giant Krabby Patty garbles*
SpongeBob: I'm...sorry, could you run that by me again?
Mr Krabs: I said *muffled Krabby Patty garbles*
SpongeBob: That's what I thought you said, and let me offer this as a rebuttal: AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Plankton: Wait, where'd you get that piano? *SMASH*

SpongeBob: I'm finished! I arranged them in the shape of a piano. *SMASHES PLANKTON* (Reoccurring joke that actually WORKED for me.)

Those are the ones I can remember right off the bat. Some seriously funny stuff.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The Two Faces of Squidward, so odd but the fetish builds up to the ending where...oh my god, second sexiest cartoon character EVER!

Forgot that was a newer episode, but "Not Normal" was the one that caught my eye going through the list.

Hmmm....its tough for anything later, but I'd have to say Fear of A Krabby Patty from season...4, I think. It was one of the last episodes I can still laugh hysterically at today.

Oh yeaaaaaah, was going to mention it, but didn't for some reason. I like that episode, too. The animation's really nice in that episode, and it had a lot of great moments. Then sadly... the show slowly went downhill afterwards.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hmmm....its tough for anything later, but I'd have to say Fear of A Krabby Patty from season...4, I think. It was one of the last episodes I can still laugh hysterically at today.

That was the first episode to air after the hiatus right? Good lord, I hated that episode so much. I had waited more than a year for the new season to begin, and yet the first episode was so reductive; the writers re-used the Krusty-Krab-opened-24-hours plot point from the "Graveyard Shift" episode, which I found annoying. I did like the episode that was paired with that one though. The one where SpongeBob had to wear Mr. Krabs' shell to the reunion and pretend to be him.