1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Spontaneous Combusken! (439)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Battle Frontier' started by Serebii, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Pokémon Contest! Yuzuhira Convention!

On Yuzuhira Island, May finds Drew & The Pokémon Contest so she can get a second attempt to get her third Ribbon. On the island May meets a new Co-Ordinator who really admires Drew. May decides to enter the contest with her trusty Combusken & her freshly trained Munchlax. Will she beat this new Co-Ordinator or will she suffer a second loss in a row?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. MaskedManAbsolkid

MaskedManAbsolkid Well-Known Member

I think I heard somewhere that Wakana sent May the letters and roses, and that May beat her for the ribbon. I also heard that Drew appeared. Can this be confirmed?

3. Lupin

Lupin Legendary Pokémon Coordinator

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that May did win this one since I dount that writers will make her lose two contests in a row.

4. MaskedManAbsolkid

MaskedManAbsolkid Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking, but still, there's a small chance.

5. Sika

Sika Transcendence

According to Sushi, May did win this contest (something that was expected) and Combusken learned Mega-Kick. About the letter she didn´t say anything though.

6. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

Can anybody tell me if there's some reference to the "attacks-off" problem of Ash's Sceptile?.

7. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

Mega-Kick? Did it learn it in the episode or just know it and use it for the first time now?

8. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

From what I hear, combusken learned mega-kick during a battle... much like squirtle pulled off hydro-pump during that gym battle a while back (was it in the Orange Islands?).

9. Yes it was.

Now I still really want to know about that Castform >_>;

Well Mega Kick that isn't too bad I guess, I don't see how it would of helped it against Vibrava mind you but I guess it's an improvement. :/

And well May winning speaks for it's self, and Mannene tickling Combusken = LOL.

10. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

The rose/letter from the Harley episode was sent by Wakana I hear.

11. ghost master

ghost master the kawaiist thing

Since in the preview Drew was in it and it was said in the preview Drew didnt send the letter. The logical conclusion would be wakana but, we're not positive.

12. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

I repeat:
    Can anybody tell me if there's some reference to the "attacks-off" problem of Ash's Sceptile?.

And now:
    Can anybody tell me if the opening have been updated with Ash's Sceptile?.

13. Pitchi

Pitchi XIII

Yes. Wakana was the one who sent the rose/letter. She sent the rose because she wanted to copy Shuu :D (It`s true)

14. Torchic23

Torchic23 gee that's swell

I don't know who to root for! I like Drew and May! Drew's pokemon[except for Flygon, make fun of it and die!] suck but he sure is cute!

15. ghost master

ghost master the kawaiist thing

Drew didnt enter the contest.

16. Combusken learned Mega Kick? Works for me!:D ...Watch those Blaziken rumors fly, guys.:p

So the invitation was sent by a Drew admirer? ...I guess she saw May in the Grand Festival.;)

17. vaporeon89

vaporeon89 power of vapor

Can someone confirm who is the trainer of this Castform?

I wanted Double Kick, because I see it more useful than Mega Kick, but...

;134;89

18. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

From the small amount of information I've gleaned about this contest, the plot seems to be a thinly veiled excuse for lots of Contestshipping, love-triangles, and Drew in a speedo.

Best episode ever!!!

Writers, I thank you. Keep doing what you're doing, and I foresee a long and fulfilling relationship between us.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  19. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

Mega Kick? Sure it wasn't Blaze Kick?

20. Aldrius

Aldrius Orange Champion

I know this isn't the games. But Combusken can't learn Blaze Kick.

So uh... any new pokemon on Drew's part? or still just the same 3?