• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spontaneous Combusken! (439)

Crimsonmon

Boulder Trainer
Who says they'll correct this one?

They corrected one mistake, they might not correct this one, and they might not correct that Earth type comment from a few episodes back. Not saying they won't fix those mistakes.

But who knows.

They fixed a spelling error in another title.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
If any of you heard Drew's new dub voice, what was it like?

BTW, what did Jessie say to May when she lost?

Rashdan

[Insert Wacky Title]
XD I loved the part when James says "Don't burn your nose, Mime Jr" or something of the sort. Plain hilarious. XD

Good episode overall. Combusken was awesome, learning a new move ^_^ Can't wait to see it evolve into Blaziken

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Heeeeeeeeey....they dubbed over Roselia and made it say it's entire name. And then they went and kept Surskit's (extremely adorable) "Aaa. Aaa!" voice. What the hell is up with that?

"If you're going to be a fool, must it involve the children?" I loved that line.

Doesn't this post just reek of the pungent scent of relevence?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I found it funny how Max said Drew was a weeny.

I mean, if you get called a "ween" by Max, something is up.

'Weenie' Koji. 'Weenie' :p
Masato was so crushing on Wakana/Brianna. You could just see the jealously in his eyes when he insulted Shuu for seemingly no reason at all.

You know, I like it when they give Masato a 'tude. It reminds me of his very awesome personna way back when AG began. The days of olde, when he'd make Ash look like a dunce by pointing out his every flaw and when he'd insult Haruka's vocabulary.
Even if you're a rabid Shuu fangirl who felt like slitting the poor kid's throat as soon as he made that comment, you have to admit; It did make him stand out of the background for a few fleeting seconds, ne? ;)

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I thought Brock's line about Drew was far more insulting than what Max said.

Drew was causing the girls to blush, and Brock says, "Like nails on a chalkboard."

Utter jealousy that Drew has a monopoly on girls or that he doesn't like the guy?

STJ

meh..^_^'
I thought Brock's line about Drew was far more insulting than what Max said.

Drew was causing the girls to blush, and Brock says, "Like nails on a chalkboard."

Utter jealousy that Drew has a monopoly on girls or that he doesn't like the guy?

Brock, you are my new hero! :)

But in all seriousness, it was probably a bit of both

*protects Max and Brock from Drew fangirls*

Last edited:

SheWhoLovesPineapples

Well actually it's been 5 times she was in a bikini, but still it's been over 100 episodes since she's been in one in the actual series.

You keep track? o_0

This contest needed desperately to be a two-parter.

Totally! I thought the same thing!

Drew is cheating in contests with growth hormones.

LOL.

This isn't the first time that kind of thing has happened, though. The Grand Festival also had an ending scene where May watched Drew walk away and blushed.

TECHNICALLY she didn’t blush until her mom started teasing her. She just stared and her hair got all blow-y... ;P

"Combuskin", LOL. And the closed captioning, oddly enough, spelled it correctly directly under it.

So did TiVo, I think... o_0 Maybe the people pressed the button with the wrong hand and just didn’t notice... (If you don’t know what I mean, look at “I” and “E” on the keyboard.)

Brianna/Wakana's voice bugged the living crap outta me. But it sort of sounded like Marina's from the Raikou special (don't mind that).

You think so? I don’t... I actually liked Brianna’s voice. I DESPISE the English Marina’s.

The mispronunciation in the theme song (Jeeze, their company name is POKéMON USA for pete's sake!)
"Earth type" Just....no.
And now Spontaneous Combuskin. I literally slapped myself in the forehead when I saw that.

I hope they're fixed.

It wasn’t THAT bad... they’re just mistakes, and PUSA hasn’t been doing this very long.

Besides, I like it when they make mistakes. Because finding them is fun. Once, I read this Scholastic thing called “Pokemon Hall of Fame”. I think I found eight mistakes in that. The mistakes were probably the most interesting thing in the entire book. Not that that's saying much.

"Insulting Shuu!! Masato Risking His Life?!!"

XD I laughed out loud at that.

I hope it isn't a let down like the Misty risking her life...

I mean, she didn't die!

*Fwaks Kojiro across the head* No! Misty is the best character ever!! If she died, I’d be very very sad... ToT Not that it would ever happen.

Off topic, but why is that episode even called that? o_0 Is it because they thought the person who gave her the letter wanted to hurt her, or something?

I figure the latter... has Brock ever shown signs of not liking him before? I don’t remember...

--

Anyway... I loved this episode!! Drew's voice sounded OK for the most part... the actor had a little trouble with the tone in some parts though... like, he sounded like he was making fun of May when he was complimenting her on her choice of moves... He's so unpredictable, though, I wouldn't blame anyone for getting confused.

Even my mom laughed a couple times in this episode(she was watching it with me)... like when Max called Drew a weenie... she also said Drew was a jerk. Which is was, sort of...

Last edited:

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
TECHNICALLY she didn’t blush until her mom started teasing her. She just stared and her hair got all blow-y... ;P
Actually, she started blushing a few seconds before her mom said anything, then carried on blushing when the teasing started. :D[/knowitall]

I figure the latter... has Brock ever shown signs of not liking him before? I don’t remember...
No, I don't think so... Ash and Max have expressed irritation towards him on occasion, but Brock never has. Unless, "How come Shuu gets all the girls?" counts.

SheWhoLovesPineapples

Actually, she started blushing a few seconds before her mom said anything, then carried on blushing when the teasing started. :D[/knowitall]

Whatever. xP

Well, maybe she blushed because Ash, Brock, Max, and her mom caught her watching Drew. That's still not blushing just because he said good-bye.

Well, maybe she blushed because Ash, Brock, Max, and her mom caught her watching Drew. That's still not blushing just because he said good-bye.

Well after Ash brought the cone and she yelled at him, she turned back to watch Drew, and they all turned and then Brock went "Hey, isn't that Drew?" And May goes WHILE BLUSHING, "We were just saying goodbye." And THEN Caroline comes and embarrasses her.

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
OMG Brianna was Suzie from Zatch Bell X_x
Can't they make little girls sound like little girls unstead of grown women forcing the voice?

Anyway, Drew was as hot as ever in this episode *drools*
Contestshipping is officially a go..`-`
and "Combuskin"??? How could you even get that wrong? Are we talking about Chickins?
I liked this episode, I wish they would have kept the symphonic medly though...Oh well.

EDIT: Oh and Brianna sounds more like Wakana then Salona does Hinata :3

Last edited: