• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sports you do during free time.

zhixun

Hello everyone,

What sports do you do during your free time and why do enjoy that sport? For me I enjoy long distance running and playing snooker. The former one is kind of testing endurance while the latter one requires some thinking skills.

Feel free to discuss here and give a reason if you can.

Post Moderation

Invisible Presence
It may not be a sport but I love to play chess. My brothers and sisters play it and it gives a good workout for my brain. It also gives me something to push myself in and become better at.

zhixun

It may not be a sport but I love to play chess. My brothers and sisters play it and it gives a good workout for my brain. It also gives me something to push myself in and become better at.

Strictly speaking chess is also kind of sport too and those people sometimes are also called sportsman although they may not be athletic. It is kind of mind games like snooker.

I play the Chinese chess (go/ weiqi) when I am free.

ebevan91

I used to play basketball in my free time. I became a decent shooter mid-range. Can't hit anything near 3-point range though.

I never played competitively though. Just with friends or shot around by myself.

Teebu

These days I just play golf in most of my free time like an old man, fabulous game. During high school/college I played a lot of football/soccer. I love other sports like tennis and snooker too though I'm absolutely useless at them.

Stoateyez

Wears Boat Shoes
Well, even though I officially quit gymnastics about five years ago, I still practice flips in my backyard or on campus. So gymnastics I suppose. But I really need to start playing basketball, I'm 6'4 and my friends say that I'm a waste of good genes lmao.

zhixun

Well, even though I officially quit gymnastics about five years ago, I still practice flips in my backyard or on campus. So gymnastics I suppose. But I really need to start playing basketball, I'm 6'4 and my friends say that I'm a waste of good genes lmao.

You are tall enough to become a goalkeeper in my opinion. Anyway height is just only one factor required to become a good basketball player. Skills are far more important.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I play pick up basketball in my free time, and I play in competitive basketball tournaments during the summer, i'm a point guard. I also play flag football competitively sometimes.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I play B-Ball almost every morning.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I don't really do much sports, but I run and work out in my spare time. I also used to do mixed martial arts.

I play disc golf mostly. I also like to play basketball and badminton occasionally.

Nice! I played disc golf once with my friend last year during Memorial Day. It's a really fun and relaxing sport.

T5000X

Indivijul
Muay Thai is my favorite sport! Very demanding, though. The place I did it at closed down :( I hate living in the middle of nowhere.

zhixun

Mainly jogs and workouts. I don't really like playing on a team.

Same here for me too. I love playing individual sports such as running and snooker. For me I always have a feeling that I will make the team going bad. So I never play soccer or basketball.

Skobby

Fairy Slayer
I swim competitively and train 20+ hours a week, third in Ireland in my age group.
I also play football when I can.
And I used to do gymnastics and still go sometimes, I can still do backflips and twists.

zhixun

I swim competitively and train 20+ hours a week, third in Ireland in my age group.
I also play football when I can.
And I used to do gymnastics and still go sometimes, I can still do backflips and twists.

You are good and it is always nice to see that people doing sports competitively. My training regime during marathon training is somewhat 100 miles per week and the time spent is similar to you.