• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SPP Alt. Manga Forum Rules ~ Read Before Posting At Your Own Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave

Banned
Welcome to the SPP Alt. Manga forum.

This is the place to discuss other manga series other than Pokemon
. There are rules to abide by, that are rather similar to that of SPP Alt. Anime. But I'm just gonna go ahead and give this place the same treatment as I did with Alt. Anime.

Some of it is mostly copypasta, but there are some edits. But you get the idea as to why this needs to be put in here.

Here are the rules that apply.

1.) SPP Rules apply here. Meaning, yes, everything about the SPP rules work here too. Doesn't mean you're all exempt from them here.

Haven't read the rules? Do so.

2.) Please discuss only Japanese manga here.

There will be no talk of Original English Manga. Manga that are not originally produced from Japan.

And no, no discussion of Western-made comics.

3.) No flaming. Dunno how much I can stress this.

Yeah, we do this alot here, but to be precise, we won't allow downright stupid flaming posts. What are allowed, are smart allecky, sarcasm and witty insults, that's all. If it gets too course, action will be taken.

If other people disagree with you, and alot of people are siding against you, then obviously, its you who is wrong, and that you should quit crying and suck it up and hopefully learn from your mistake. Hopefully, your logic will back you up, but if it doesn't, then you're on your own.

And remember, your opinion =/= fact.
Translation: Your opinion does not equal fact.

4.)No Illegal Contents.

In other words, there will be no talk of where you got the illegal contents, nor will anyone ask or request for them here. There will be no providing of links, and there will be no saying where you got them from. Even if you hinted it. There will be none of that here. For obvious legal reasons which can get you and this website in trouble.

Meaning, no providing any manga scanlations, scans, RAW providers, links and websites. None of that. Whatever is considered as piracy, we won't allow. None whatsoever.

Also, we don't condone piracy at all. If you say that its alright, or go like, "oh don't worry, other people will pay for it" or "its ok, what's a download gonna do?" you will be infracted, because people that talk like that, should be ashamed of calling themselves anime fans for illegally downloading content, that people worked really hard to provide for fans such as us.

You're obviously hurting the companies that provide this stuff for us. If you want to see what illegal downloading does to companies, go ahead and ask the anime company that went down, Geneon USA, and ask them yourselves.

5.) Spoilers.

I don't have a big problem with you all with this, but I stress that you all please, for goodness sake, use spoiler tags when needed. Alot of people don't like to be spoiled about what happens in the end, or what happens. So if you're about to mention something really important, use the Spoiler tag. Because nobody loves a spoil sport.

6.) Thread redundancy.

Now, we've had a really nasty problem with this for about... a while now, and it hasn't been taken care of, until I became modded.

Now here's the deal. We have newbies, who come in here, and start up unnecessary threads, that we don't need. Threads about Naruto, Bleach or Death Note. Mostly the first one.

If you have theories, you post in the official threads I have laid out for you. Questions, the official thread. Who can beat who? Official thread. You get the point. And make sure that you stick with that and remember this.

We don't need anymore of these threads. We don't want anymore of these threads. You'll just be cluttering up this place, and you will force me to act as a mod, and infract you for spamming. This will not be allowed, and will not be tolerated.

I have these threads here for a reason. There will be no more new Naruto, Bleach of Death Note threads. All discussion, including questions of said series, will be conducted here, and nowhere else. I'm really putting my foot down on this.

Official Naruto Manga
Official Bleach Manga
Official One Piece Manga

There will be no more extra threads of these.

7.) Official Threads.

Another rule is, I will not allow anyone to make "The Official SPP __ Thread" without my approval. You must ask me to make these threads. Otherwise an infraction for disobedience will be thrown.

The purpose of these threads, is to keep the thread to be the main place for the topic discussion. It also keeps the thread exempt from the SPP Dead Thread Rule.

8.) Shallow Posts.

Alright, I've seen this happen here alot, and I daresay, I don't enjoy it the least bit. I support these rules.

Meaning, I will not accept shallow/stupid posts such as, "yeah go death note!" as a post. As its stupid, and it contributes nothing to the thread. Meaning, if your post is considered shallow, and obviously is just there to gain a postcount +1, then it will be infracted for spam.

These are some of the basic rules I will lay out here. I've updated these rules, because they need to be enforced, and people don't seem to take them quite literally. Failure to uphold these rules will be dealt with.

Current mods who are stationed here.

Yours Truly.

Sweet May is currently inactive here.

I'm obviously the only one in charge of this place, so anything concerning alt. manga should go thru me.

Any other contributions you all have about rules for this forum. Let me know thru PM. And we'll talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.