• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SPP Atheist Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death dealer

Pavane of Slaanesh
Sorry, but this post really needed to be explained seperately.
(If any material is thought inapropriate, feel free to edit/delete as necasary)

Antichrists.

They say they don't believe in any god or gods or deities and then obsessively whine,piss and moan,***** and deride Christ and Christians and their bible.

To be that obsessed with Christians and their God and bible makes you stupid atheists a HATE GROUP!

You are CRAZY to sit here and spend all of your time obsessing over a God which you claim doesn't even exist in the first place.And the fact that you have singled out Christians proves that you are a HATE GROUP!

You are Satanists and Antichrists but don't even know it.

Never once in have I ever heard one of you ridiculous ***Z whine,piss or moan about Wicca,Hinduism,Buddhism,I slam or New Age mumbo jumbo!

PHP:
YOU ARE ALL FULL OF ****!

**** OFF you ****in SATANIC dickholes!!!

Firstly, you are accusing us of being a hate group (we do not "hate" your belifs, we simply find them illogical and evidently man-made) when you yourself are accusing us of being "devil worshippers". As well as being hypocrasy, it contradicts with the definition of atheism itself. Clearly you know very little.

Secondly, seeing as it is an interesting subject when discussing it with sane and intelligible people, and also a subject many theist bring up in their everyday lives and often attack atheists, it will lead to it being discussed quite a lot.

Also, there is plenty of reason to hate organised religion, for although its personal benefits are many, it can lead to hate, persecution and bigotry, as you yourself have demonstrated.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
Well technically Satanism is a psychiatric condition in which you believe someone else is the devil, not that uncommon in Schizophrenia.

And WTF is all of this about Antichrists? From what I know, the Antichrist is someone to be sent by the devil to destroy the Earth.

Xan

Sexier than Yoda
Hopefully they will realise their religion isn't the reason humans don't go around killing each other all the time. Bigotry is everywhere, whatever you do or beleive there will always be someone that hates you for it.
I really do hope your parents understand though.

On another note, here is a very sad depction of atheism brought by no other than the urban dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=atheist&page=15

Typical of that site though anyway. If judaism, christianity and/or Islam were right somehow, then this is hell.

All I can say is these responses were complete bullspite. The later pages aren't as bad though. Enjoy ripping their arguments apart....

Wow. Just wow. I've been criticizing Hinduism more than Christianity...or both...or all of the religions simultaneously. How are atheists satanists if they contributed a LOT of things in the field of both science and environment. The critic is too over generalizing as well when he says that ALL atheists criticize Christianity which is not true at all. If he is calling us a "HATE GROUP!" then what is he? Peaceful Christian?

Death dealer

Pavane of Slaanesh
I thought Satanism was a religion as well. LaVeyan Satanism is more of a philosiphy, but there are Satanistic theists as well.

I was searching google a few minutes ago, and this site came up:

http://www.truechristian.com/index.html

Its quite funny to be honest. Read some of his comments and arguments and you will see. It might actually be satire, but it dosn't seem so by the main page. Probably just plain stupidity.

Last edited:

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
I would like to join.

Why? Because I grew up in a catholic community, and for most of my life have been a catholic. Then I realised I was only doing it to fit in, sometime last year. I have some christian values ie. respect others, be kind, but there are others i disagree with. These include:

The exsistance of God.
Gays and Lesbians are lesser people.
You should worship the light and despise darkness.
You should not speak up when someone has wronged you.

I'm sort of Pagan, thinking the earth is sacred, but most Pagans belive in a God and Godess, I do not. Also I think both light and darkness are equal.

Also, I believe we are all equal and there are no greater or lesser beings then ourselves.

fraternity

I would like to join the club, being an athiest myself. The reason? I don't exactly like the idea of an eternal punishment, although supposedly "god" forgives all sins. Also, the idea that workers who work on the Sabbath should be put to death is quite harsh and illogical, especially for the fathers and mothers who work hard to keep their children alive and healthy.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
I seriously find religion extremely cruel.

Oh, and its really good we're getting new members. I seriously encourage veryone in this club to do one of three things to support us.
a) Please post in here regularly!
b) Put a link in your sig. Thus we get more advertised
c) Help us in the debate forum against the mirror-minded.

Anyway, so Eclipse, you're agnostic, I presume?

Djura

99% chance to hit
Panda's got a point. Forced conversion, eternal damnation, exorcism, ethnic cleansing, you name it. Religion (not counting those like Buddhism) can be cruel if not accepted into one's thoughts.

The Philippines. My home. A chaotic country ruled by religion. It is a democracy, yet it is not. It is also a theocracy, yet it is also not. Why do I say this? The Roman Catholics are very high in influence, so I cannot pass a day without seeing a Church. Even the government is influenced by God-loving people. And they call us God's chosen people? Very cute and very stereotypical.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
Religion's a very interesting topic indeed.

I like the phrase Psi has in his title. "Where alchemy ends, chemistry begins. Where astrology ends, astronomy begins. Where faith ends, reason begins"

.:Broken Psyche:.

I feel this is on topic with some of the posts on this page...I still haven't really told my family I don't believe in God. I told my mom that I was losing faith but never actually came right out and said it. Her and my cousin are the only two I have really even talked about this with. I know if I talk to my dad about it he will find a way to make me feel guilty and bad about it, and he will go on about how when the day comes that Jesus comes back, what am I gonna do. He's not really someone to talk about religion with because he takes Christianity far to seriously to have a conversation with someone who isn't a Christian. Even though I know that the bible is all bull, he still has a way of making me feel like it's true somehow. I don't understand it, maybe it's just because he's my dad and I want to believe what he says to be true, I'm not sure. So anyway, my point is that it sucks to be an atheist in a religious family, but sometimes you just gotta deal, I guess.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Maybe one day your parents will get over it if they are tolerant enough. Just gotta reason with them and tell them religion isn't right for you. I'm very sure that they will develop a tolerance, but I don't think this is the right time to tell them now.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!!

You may have noticed that Psi has ot updated the frontpage since December.

Could all members click on the link in my signature, or just go to the club's first post, and check if your name is on the list immediately.
If it is, you have nothing to worry about.
If it isn't, I am compiling a temporary list of active users to be added to the memberlist. Please notify me or PsiUmbreon here or by PM.

Really sorry to double post, but I have another important club announcement.

We have made a Wikispace, SPPAA. Basically it functions like a mini Wikipedia. You can add stuff to the pages and the articles, add your own name to the list, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsiUmbreon

I've merged the two posts... we really can't have any rule-breaking in a club that's owned by a mod after all.

Anywho, I will be completely overhauling the front page for the club, and cleaning out the list, because I'm sure half of those users have been pruned and most of the rest haven't been active here for several months.

New topic: The death of Jerry Falwell. For those of you who have never heard of him, he was a radical fundamentalist Christian who used the power of television to bring about a fundamentalist movement in the United States, strengthening the Republican party significantly. He has made utterly disgusting comments, such as suggesting that AIDS is God's punishment for being accepting of homosexuality, and that the secular left caused 9/11. He was basically an advocate of bigotry, intolerance, and hatred, and an example of the danger of religion. All it takes is a person like Jerry Falwell to mobilize flocks of the believers, radicalize them, and significant damage to society can be done.

More info about Falwell here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Falwell

I have drawn criticism for celebrating the death of this person, however, who wouldn't celebrate the death of someone evil? If you heard that Bin Laden died, would you not celebrate? Not everyone deserves respect, even when dead.

Discuss and debate.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
Of course his death shouldn't be celebrated. He's an idiot. That thing about AIDS is ridiculous, and the 9/11 theory unfounded.

azuvipsel

May I join? I am an Agnostic. Basically, I was born an anxiety disorder, and I am basically very depressed all the time. Surely God wouldn't want that to happen? I think most of the messages in Religion (eg. Sermon on the Mount, Eightfold Path) are good, but if there was a good I would be happy at least the majority of the time.

I think religion is interesting. I'm currently reading the Bible. I think it was original derived from truth, but got exageratted over time. For example, the apostles couldn't read because they were fisherman and they woudln't have been taught how to read. Therfore, whoever wrote it must have heard about it by word of mouth. It would have been changed in translation.

I'm a weird case in that, for the longest time, I considered myself either atheist or agnostic (it varied on how I felt at the time), but nowadays I just consider myself as having no religion.

I think religion is interesting.

As do I. I'm currently reading up on Wicca, Buddhism, and Shinto (one of the Japanese religions). I've never believed that there is just one god that is in charge of everything. So the religions that have more than one is facinating. Yeah, Buddhism has Buddha, but Buddha has many different facets so it almost feels like more than one being is out there doing things.

Yes, I know Christianity has the whole Holy Trinity thing, but I really don't buy that.

azuvipsel

Yeah, most religions have one God now. Like, Hinduism has a God with many faces. But I agree, the religion with more than one thing are more interesting.

I reckon Budhisim is the most interesting. I generally follow the Eightfold Path anyway. Its just I don't like the idea of self-enlightenment.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
Good. Now, I'll PM your names to PsiUmbreon for procession.

In the meantime, could you guys help in the Debate forum? The club needs help :(

Merines

Perpetual Newb
I know I haven't been posting as much as I should have been, but last I knew, I was a member, and my name isn't on the list.

For the topic, I don't see anything wrong with reveling in Falwell's death. He can no longer spread his hateful message. Last I knew, a true Christian, like he claimed to be, would spend more time doing charity work than telling people that anyone who isn't a straight, white, American, Fundamentalist Christian is a dirty little heathen.

Oh, and I'd help out in the forums, but right now, I barely have enough time to make this post, and I'm not the most eloquent or organized debater. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.