• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SPP Final Fantasy Fan Club

Nylf

Am I right in guessing that something I should get with my birthday money next week is FFVI? I'm getting FFIX and a guitar, so, can anyone give me the heads up on what to expect?

For those who have played, what's the best thing about FFVI?
Well I've yet to play, but I know there's a Bahamut, so all I can so now is him.

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Cool, you're getting FFIX. You will love it. Especially considering you'll see ALOT of Bahamut, lol. Can't help you on FFVI, though. I wanna get Final Fantasies IV-VI really soon, too.

Darth_paul

If anyone wants I found a video for final fantasy XIII.

fave female character: Yuna because she can summon big...things.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
The best thing about FFVI? Oh, how to narrow it down? The plot is great, the characters are great, the music is great...heck, even the battle system is great!

Nylf

Okay, I should say I'm re-getting FFIX. I was on the last disc when someone stole my old copy of the game, so about a year later I'm getting another copy. I already know how brilliant IX is. So...much...Bahamut...

Hmm...that good eh? I hear rumours of a Limit break like system, any info?

Oh, and in the meantime:

Favourite Limit Break/Overdrive type attack?
To date, Omnislash. Cloud ftw. Okay, it ties with FFX Bahamut's Mega Flare duh.

Though I hear Seymour's Requiem is quite the spectacle. I'm pobably gonna redo FFX again to see it, considering it's a one chance per save Easter Egg.

I love Selphies SLOT limit break because you never know what you are going to get and I like that .
I think Rinoas combine limit break is funny.
Tifas limit break chain is awsome

I NEED HELP TO DEFEAT ULTIMECIA!
Can anyone help me, the futherest I've got is her third stage where she merges with Griever

Last edited:

Anikin

Rebel
Hi guys. I would like to join the club right now. I haven't noticed this new club for a while. I was a bit ocupied with other things but now I'm back and ready to answer most of the topics above.

What is your most favorite Final Fantasy Video Game? Why?
My favourite Final fantasy Video Game is Final Fantasy IX since it has the best music I have ever heard, awsom and amazing perfect graphics even for it's time, outstanding FMV sequences, a marvelous storyline, a very good battle sistem, the best cast of heros I have ever seen in my lifetime, the best villains ever, the summoning sistem is amazing too and the eidolons are a grate name for the summoned creatures, it's not very linear, it posseses some of the best Mini-games and a wide selection, it's a very tough game fo me to complete at times which is good because I love challanges, etc. Those are my reasons.

What is your least favorite Final Fantasy Video Game? Why?
Mine is final fantasy VII. The music sucks, the graphics are terrible, the storyline is crappy and corny, the battle sistem isn't as good as I thought, it has many bad characters like Cloud (He is the main hero but he behaves like a jerk most of the times), it seems waay to easy at first, the mini-games are awfull, it's waaaaaaay too overated, etc. Do I have to say more than that.

What is your most favorite Final Fantasy movie? Why?
It's Advent Children. I haven't seen it yet but I'm getting it today on DVD and my first impression about it are grate. The movie looks espectacular, the characters and backgrounds look realistic, there is lot's of action, Sephiroth appears and there many more reasons but this film must be better than the actual game.

What is your least favorite Final Fantasy movie? Why?
I like Final Fantasy The Spirits within because I hardly saw it. Just some parts but it seemed boring for me.

What do you like most about the Final Fantasy series? Why? (This includes Movies and Video Games. Everything and anything.)
The music it posses in each one except in VII, the graphics, the FMV's, Stories, battle sistems, the characters, the summons, the artwork escept in VII, II and VIII and the mini-games. Well It's almost everything.

What do you like least about the Final Fantasy series? Why?
Almost nothing execpt the facts that VII is too overatedand it sucks big time.

Which Final Fantasy Official Soundtrack do you like the most? Why?
The soundtrack from Final Fantasy IX is the best. I have downloaded every themes and songs in Mp3. Every tune is almost classical and mindblowingly awsom.

Which Final Fantasy Official Soundtrack do you like the least? Why?
From VII. I always hated the music from VII except Sephiroth's one winged angel theme.

What is your most favorite Summon from the Final Fantasy series? Why?
Bahamut is my second favourite but my number 1 is the Ark from Final Fantasy IX. He is just soo awsom, cool and powerfull. I always use him in almost every boss battle there is in IX.

What is your least favorite Summon from the Final Fantasy series? Why?
I have none. I like all of them.

Who is overall your most favorite character from the Final Fantasy series? Why? (Includes non-playable characters.)
For me it's a tie bettwen the character from IX like Zidane, Freya, Dagger, Vivi, Amarant and manny others like Doctor Tot and the characters from X like Yuna and Tidus but my fav secondary character is Cid Fabool IX. I just love the Final fantasy cast.

Who is overall your least favorite character from the Final Fantasy series? Why?
The characters from Final fantasy VII like Tifa, Cloud (I like Cloud but just a bit) and Hojo and many more, but guys like Vincent, Cid and Sephiroth I make an exception.

Who is your most favorite male character from the Final Fantasy series? Why?
Vivi, Zidane, Amarant, Blank, Marcus, Cid Fabool, Baku, No. 288, and other characters from IX and X. Well I like 90% of the male characters from IX and 70% from Final Fantasy X.

Who is your least favorite male character from the Final Fantasy series? Why?
Mayby Zorn and Thorn from IX and some characters from VII.

Who is your most favorite female character from the Final Fantasy series? Why?
Freya, Dagger, Eiko, Yuna, Paine, Lulu, Rikku, Yuffie, Lani, Marlen, Selphie, Calli and some others.

Who is your least favorite female character from the Final Fantasy series? Why?
Tifa and Aeris I suppose.

Who is your most & least favorite monster from the Final Fantasy series? Why?
Favourite monsters-Adamantoise, Behemoth, Catoblepas, Cerberus, Chimera, Hecteyes,Abadon, Malboro and some others.
Least favourite monsters-Biblos/Apanda, Cactuars, Cockatrices, Magic Pots and Tonberryies.

Who is your most & least favorite Boss from the Final Fantasy series? Why? (Includes Optional Bosses.)
My favourite bosses are from IX, X and X-2.

IX-Black Waltz #3, Gizamaluke, Antlion, Ralvuimahgo, Hilgigars, Soulcage, Ozma, Ark, Valia Pira, Meltigemini, the three beasts from Pandemonium, Graland, Kuja, the four Guardians, Necron and many from X and X-2 like Omega weapon, Ultima weapon, that old dude from X-2 and the Dark Aeons.

Who is your most & least favorite Villain from the Final Fantasy series? Why?
My favourite villain is Kuja or Garland and my least fav are Zorn and Thorn.

Name a Final Fantasy Video game worthy of a Sequel or Prequel. Name one that isn’t. Why?
Final Fantasy IX deserves sequels and Prequels and an ideia would be for a Prequel game would be like um.... The Legacy of Garland and a sequel would be Vivi's true adventure. Heck mayby Square could think of making a movie about IX.

Now here are some links to some sites which I'm soo shure many people saw them before.

http://www.ffonline.com/
http://ffspirit.net/
[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy
http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/
http://www.warmech.net/

And Finaly a Vivi Wallpaper that I found.

Final_Fantasy_IX_8.jpg

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner

Ohtachi

mia san mia
You're definitley in, Anikin. W00t! Anyways, I'll put all of the Links up in the First Post.

Who is overall your most favorite character from the Final Fantasy series? Why? (Includes non-playable characters.)

General Beatrix, Freya, Lani, Zorn & Thorn, Zidane, Vivi, Tantalus, and maybe some others from Final Fantasy IX. Seifer from Final Fantasy VIII. Rufus ShinRa from Final Fantasy VII.

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
Overall Fave character?
mmm just a few for me ;)
Cloud-he's cool...'Cloud' or something similar has become my default name on websites/MSN
Yuffie-she's funny! When she gets motion sickness is FF7 and in Advent Children...when she shouts "sexist" at Cid...Cait answers"Lassie...shut your gob!"
Vivi-I really like his quest...looking for meaning of life...especially for a young character.
Rikku-I find her funny....others find her annoying...in my opionion thats "Disasterific"
Lulu-NOT for the reason that many guys like her...I like her intelligence and her harsh nature...whitch eventually melts...
for a similar reason
Paine-sarcastic and a good double act with Rikku.
Yuna-just do..she's sweet..liked her better in X2 when she grew up bit.
Quistis-she's smart!
Tantalus-funny...and I must respect fellow actors ;)
So you can quess I'll probably end up liking Fran and Penelo in 12 (for the possible Lulu/Rikku similarity) and the girl from 13. I already use the Verses 13 guy as an avatar!

Last edited:

Ohtachi

mia san mia
I can't find the Trailer to Final Fantasy Versus XIII. All I find are screenshots. :( The "supposed" Main Character for Final Fantasy XIII looks like a Paladin, but not any Paladin. A Gun Mage/Knight crossover Paladin instead of the usual White Mage/Knight Paladin like General Beatrix. Also, I like the new Gunblade. More realistic when it comes to Gunblades. When she uses her Knight Skills the Gunblade becomes a sword. When she uses Gun Magic her Gunblade becomes a Gun. Improved if you ask me. I believe that she's a Gun Paladin, but that's just me. We'll leave it open for Debate:

Debate

What Job Class is the Main Character for Final Fantasy XIII?

Last edited:

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
I don't think the Verses XIII trailer has gone 'public' yet...Am I right in thinking it was shown privatly at E3? Anyways...it was a rush job before E3 so there is not mush to the game yet...unlike the main XIII which is
supposedly 80%+ complete after being in development for years...
The girl in XIII looks cool...a main female character with (Physical)strength...unlike the likes of Aerith/Rinona/Garnet/Yuna who are magically based..White mages or summoners who need protecting in the story. XIII girl looks like she can take care of herself...

Job Class for XIII character
I would say she is a warrior? mmm could be a Paladin but I'd say warrior.

Last edited:

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Actually a few Female Characters throughout the series had alot of potential.

Yuna, Rikku, and Paine from Final Fantasy X-2
Beatrix Steiner from Final Fantasy IX (We can safely say she married Adelbert Steiner after the events of FFIX)
Selphie Tilmitt from Final Fantasy VIII
Quistis Trepe from Final Fantasy VIII
Fujin from Final Fantasy VIII
Yuffie Kisaragi from Final Fantasy VII
Tifa Lockheart from Final Fantasy VII

Last edited:

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
Ohtachi said:
Actually a few Female Characters throughout the series had alot of potential.

General Beatrix Steiner of Alexandria from Final Fantasy IX (We can safely say she married Captain Adelbert Steiner after the events of FFIX)
Selphie from Final Fantasy VIII
Quistis from Final Fantasy VIII
Yuffie Kisaragi from Final Fantasy VII

Yeah...I just meant the 'main' one...she's usually a weak fighter and a user of magic -compare to her male counterpart Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus...(I suppose!) and the story often involved him saving her...the other female characters are usually good. XIII gal should not need savin!

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Well, FF experts, I need help. (asked in the help thread, but I figured I'd get a quicker answer here.) So I just got FFIV Advance, and I'm really, really confused. So I started my game, and it leaves me in that castle. I look around a bit, talk to everyone, find a few characters with names and faces that talk to me, that kind of thing. I explored every inch of that castle that I was able to access. But nothing happened, and I didn't know what to do. Then I go through this big door, which I thought was the exit. There were two guys blocking the exit, and they told me that it was nighttime and I needed to stay in the castle. So I go back to the big door, only to find that it won't let me back in, and I was stuck. So then I turned off. I'll probably have to start the game again, as I never even got a chance to save.

So my question is, what do I do when it lets you start playing? I'm sure at least one of you will have played this game.