• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

#SPP-Wifi - The Wifi Chatroom Rules (updated Nov 2, 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#SPP-WiFi - The WiFi Chatroom Rules

The following listed ban times are standard, but chat room ops may change the length of your ban to whatever length they feel is necessary.

An untimed ban is a ban that does not have a set expiry time. Old untimed bans are only removed when the ban list becomes full and we need to make room for more new bans, unless we have real reason to keep them there (repeated/severe offenses, ban evasion). This doesn't happen at any set time - it varies with chat activity.

If you are warned and choose to ignore your warning, you will be banned instead.
If you break a rule that you've just seen somebody else also get warned for, you may be banned instead of warned.

Repeated offences may result in you being permanently banned from the chat room.

Helpful Links
How to Report in the Chatroom - A Guide
General Tips to Avoid Scams
Scammed in #SPP-wifi?! Post here!
Can't get into the chat? Read here.
Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly, post here. READ. THE. FIRST. POST!!!!

Trading Rules

Trade fairly. You are only allowed to trade Pokémon obtained legitimately.

Must Specify Your Offerings

5 minute ban -- Be sure to specify what you are offering. Don't just say things like "offering big/huge".
<WiFiGuest5463> Looking for Mewtwo, offering huge!
<WiFiGuest5614> I want Caterpie! Offering big!
<WiFiGuest3826> Offering a lot for my shiny Weedle!

Must Specify Shinies & Events

5 minute ban -- You must specify what shiny or event Pokémon you are looking for. Don't just say "lf shinys" or "lf events".
<WiFiGuest9463> lf shinys
<WiFiGuest6894> looking for events
<WiFiGuest4815> I have a Wartortle, will trade events/shinys.

No Begging

5+ minute ban -- Do ask for free Pokémon, items, codes, or anything else. The point of trading is that each person gets something out of it. You are not entitled to anything here, so make your request in the chat like everyone else.
<WiFiGuest7941> i want free shinies
<WiFiGuest1212> i need a diancie code pls
<WiFiGuest3902> I'm new to XY, anyone got any spare 5 IVs I can have?

No Scamming

If you are caught scamming, you will be banned, regardless of your success. There are many forms of scamming that people often try to pull off, and some are more heavily punished than others. Click the spoiler to see specific types of trades that fall under scamming and their ban lengths.
No Lying About Your Pokémon For Trade

Untimed ban -- Not all of a Pokémon's information can be seen ingame before the trade proceeds, and stats can be modified to fool you. Anyone found to be dishonest about their Pokémon's IVs, EVs, nature, ability, egg moves or Kalos Born status is unlikely to be unbanned.

No Stealing

Untimed ban -- Some people come to the chatroom to evolve their Pokémon, fill their Pokédex or sometimes leave their Pokémon/items with someone else so they can restart their game and then take them back. Do not take advantage of those who choose to trust you and take their Pokémon without returning them.​

No Free Giveaways

5 minute ban -- Do not offer free Pokémon, items, codes, or anything else. Most of the time when something is offered for free it is often 'stolen' via scamming someone else, a scam itself, hacked, cloned, not actually free at all, or potentially harmful. Encouraging begging is also not tolerated here.
<WiFiGuest7941> giving away 5 IV pokemon
<WiFiGuest1212> Anyone want a shiny Mewtwo for free?
<WiFiGuest3902> got some free TCG codes if anybody wants them, PM me!

No Uneven Trades

Warning, then 5 minute ban -- Do not offer/request multiple Pokémon or items in exchange for only one Pokémon. Even if you accept the risk, we don't allow these trades for your own protection, as they are an easy and common scam.
<WiFiGuest7851> LF shiny dialga for mewtwo, kyogre and shaymin
<WiFiGuest9302> will trade 5 IVs for shinies (2 for 1)
<WiFiGuest2083> trading any 3 items of your choice for a shiny

Only Trade Pokémon For Other Pokémon

5+ minute ban -- Do not ask to trade a Pokémon for something that is not another Pokémon. This includes video games, items/points/money in a different game or website, website accounts, and codes for event Pokémon and demos. You may not offer to buy or sell Pokémon for real money either. These are all usually scams.
<WiFiGuest0999> will trade an impish level 100 tangrowth max evs in defence and attack for a maple story account
<WiFiGuest7887> i'm selling custom bred pokemon and events on paypal for $5 each PM me
<WiFiGuest3201> trading club nintendo codes for shinies
<WiFiGuest9244> LF Shiny Gengar event code

No Illegitimate Pokémon

You may not request or offer Pokémon that have been hacked, modified or duplicated using an external cheat device or ingame glitch. Trading Pokémon that have been bred from these Pokémon is not allowed either. Some Pokémon are only legitimate through certain means while others are hacked, so you must specify where some Pokémon are coming from.
No Cheating Device Pokémon

5 minute ban -- Serebii has stated in the past that "They're not in the nature of the game, they only cheapen it." As such, trading Pokémon obtained through any use of hacking or cheating is not allowed. Do not request or even mention the use of hacking tools/devices (or their abbreviations). This includes Action Replay, Pokésav, Pokégen, and Powersave.
<WiFiGuest1561> I need someone with pokegen
<WiFiGuest4912> Anyone have an AR?
<WiFiGuest6927> Who can make my pokemon shiny with Powersave??

No Cloned Pokémon

5 minute ban -- Do not trade cloned Pokémon or offer to clone someone else's Pokémon here, be it through a cheat device or any other method.
<WiFiGuest7851> offering cloning service, PM me
<WiFiGuest9302> LF shiny latias, will clone
<WiFiGuest2083> diancie clones ft

No Unreleased Pokémon or Items

5 minute ban -- Do not offer/request Pokémon and items that have not been released yet, either as future events or from an upcoming game. Be patient and always refer to Serebii's Event Database if you are unsure.
See the spoiler below for 6th-gen Pokémon and items that are not allowed as of November 1, 2014.
Hoopa
Volcanion
AZ's Floette

Latiosite
Latiasite

Must Specify Shiny Events

5 minute ban -- If you mention a Shiny Event, you must specify where it is coming from. There are only certain Shiny Events that we allow to be mentioned, as only some shiny events are legitimate. Check the SPOILER below for a list of allowed shiny events, or check Serebii's Event Database.
Shiny Events Allowed:
Shiny Mew - Must state that it is from Faraway Island.
Shiny Darkrai - Must state that it is from the Member Card Event.
Shiny Shaymin - Must state that it is from the Oak's Letter Event.
Shiny Manaphy - Must state that is is from the Manaphy Egg.
Shiny Deoxys - Must state that it is from Birth Island from Fire Red/Leaf Green.
Shiny Jirachi - Must state that it is from the Colosseum Bonus Disc, Pokémon Channel, or the Tanabata 2014 event. (This is also the only Kalos Born Jirachi available as of writing)
Shiny Milotic - Must state that it is from the VGC09 Event.
Shiny Genesect - Must state that it is from the Japanese Movie Event.
Pikachu-Colored Pichu and VGC10 Eevee are allowed.

All other Shiny Events are not allowed, including Shiny Celebi, Shiny Arceus, Shiny Meloetta, Shiny Keldeo and Shiny Diancie.

No Shiny Legendaries That Are Shiny-Locked

5 minute ban -- Some non-event legendary Pokémon cannot be shiny legitimately. Do not trade/request any of the Pokémon in the SPOILER below.
Shiny Legendaries Not Allowed:
Kalos Born Shiny Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres
Kalos Born Shiny Mewtwo
Shiny Reshiram
Shiny Victini
Shiny Zekrom
Shiny Xerneas
Shiny Yveltal
Shiny Zygarde

No Fan-Made Event Pokémon

5 minute ban -- Do not offer/request Pokémon from fan-made events. Fan-made events almost always distribute custom-made or hacked Pokémon, which are not allowed to be traded in #SPP-Wifi.
<WiFiGuest8486> lf nintendo world shiny celebi

No Glitch Pokémon

5 minute ban -- Do not trade Pokémon with attributes/movesets that can only be attained by glitches or hacks. This includes Ditto rage glitch Pokémon.
<WiFiGuest8679> offering machamp with fissure

Battle Rules

Play fair with other members. All battle participants should agree on a ruleset before they start. It is recommended that if you only wish to fight certain battles that you request such battles, such as VGC-style battles and battles without any legendary Pokémon.

No Disconnecting

5+ minute ban -- If you are caught intentionally disconnecting during a battle (or violating any other rule that you both agreed to), you will be banned. Play fair.​

No Battling For Prizes

5 minute ban -- Do not offer or request a battle that has a prize attached. Like "free pokémon" offerings, these are usually scams.
<WiFiGuest8913> anyone care to 3 on 3 single battle no ubers? if u win i give u a free evd lvl 100 pokemon.

Rules Regarding Permitted Content

#SPP-Wifi is a channel for Pokémon-related wifi requests, and only Pokémon-related wifi requests. All other content does not belong here. Be specific when offering or requesting highly-coveted Pokémon.

Stay On Topic

Warning, then 5 minute ban -- Keep the chat to Pokémon WiFi requests only. If you have a general question or request that does not pertain to trades or battles, which includes team and trading advice, ask in #SPP.
<WiFiGuest9746> how do I get to cianwood city?
<WiFiGuest4956> who here can rate my team?
<WiFiGuest1605> how does the pokéradar work?
<WiFiGuest0945> what is a good nature for kangaskhan
<WiFiGuest8036> is trading a KB shiny for diancie a good deal?
There are some topics that may be confusing to some members as to whether or not they are considered allowed in #SPP-Wifi. Click the spoiler for more details on what topics are and are not considered on-topic in #SPP-Wifi.
Pokémon Game WiFi Requests Only

5 minute ban -- Do not ask for trades/battles/matches/items in games or websites other than the Pokémon games (i.e. no Super Smash Bros. games or online Pokémon battle simulators).
<WiFiGuest9237> lf smash battle!
<WiFiGuest0502> Who has a runescape account?!
<WiFiGuest0320> who likes digimon?
<WiFiGuest7952> LF battle on showdown

No Commenting On Other's Trades

Warning, then 5 minute ban -- If someone is offering a trade you don't agree with or aren't interested in, your opinion on it is not needed or wanted. Responding to requests saying you have the Pokémon they're looking for but aren't going to trade it are also unnecessary.
<WiFiGuest4791> no one's gonna trade for that lol
<WiFiGuest2655> I have that, but it's not for trade

No "Looking for «nick»"

Warning, then 5 minute ban -- Do not try to find someone in the chatroom over and over by saying "looking for the guy I just traded with", etc.
<WiFiGuest4791> I just battled with someone named Bob! Where is he?!
<WiFiGuest2655> Whoever just traded me that Caterpie, PM ME!

No Advertising

5 minute ban -- This rule includes websites, other IRC channels, and YouTube subscriptions – even if the site/channel/YouTube content is Pokémon related.
<WiFiGuest7195> go to www.thebestwebsiteever.com to look at my team!
<WiFiGuest7865> www.youtube.com/uselessvideo
<WiFiGuest9354> hey come over to #awesomepeople to talk with cool people!

No Video Or Voice Chat Requests

5+ minute ban -- As a safety precaution, do not request voice chats or video chats.
<WiFiGuest0999> lf video chat
<WiFiGuest2947> who wants to voice chat PM me

No Inappropriate Topics

10+ minute ban -- Keep the channel clean. Anything that is inappropriate will be banned. This includes (but is not limited to) adult topics, offensive commentary, and illegal subject matter.
<WiFiGuest7913> lf butts
<WiFiGuest4613> who wants to touch my <censored>
There are some topics that may be confusing to some members as to whether or not they are considered appropriate in #SPP-Wifi. Click the spoiler for more details on what topics are specifically considered inappropriate in #SPP-Wifi.
No Illegal Download Discussion

5 minute ban -- Besides ROMs/emulators, you may also not ask for downloads of any copyrighted material. (This includes Pokémon episodes, episodes of any other anime or show, mp3 downloads, etc). You may also not ask for help downloading these things.
Even if filesharing laws are lax where you live, they aren't for most people, and the SPP chat rooms do not condone copyright infringement.
<WiFiGuest8943> who has an mp3 of a song?
<WiFiGuest3346> i want the latest pokémon episode!
<WiFiGuest2222> where can I download a song?

No ROM Discussion

5 minute ban -- The SPP chat rooms do not condone illegal activity. Do not discuss any ROMs (Pokémon games or otherwise). This rule also includes emulators, M3 cards, and R4 cards.
<WiFiGuest8913> Who has a B/W rom?
<WiFiGuest5036> Need help with my R4

No Swearing

5 minute ban -- Keep offensive language to a minimum. Swear words show up as "<censored>" to everybody else in the channel. Ops can easily detect this and will ban you for excess swearing, so don't do it.
<WiFiGuest7916> shut the <censored> up
<WiFiGuest2416> <censored> u
<WiFiGuest3232> kiss my <censored>

No Inappropriate Nicknames

5+ minute ban -- Do not change your nickname to something that mentions a banned topic of discussion.
* WifiGuest2984 is now known as LF_hacks
* WifiGuest3241 is now known as ImSexy
* WifiGuest2984 is now known as IGotActionReplay

No Clan Discussion

5 minute ban -- Do not ask people to join your clan. Do not recruit or talk about recruiting. This includes advertising your clan through mass private messaging. Mentioning the word "clan" will result in a ban.
<WiFiGuest7946> Join my clan!!!
<WiFiGuest2894> Recruiting lots of people!
<WiFiGuest7623> lf clan members

No Tournament Discussion

5 minute ban -- Do not ask to host or join a tournament. Do not ask for other people to create a tournament. These topics pertain to clans, and mentioning them will result in a ban. This rule includes advertising your tournament through mass private messaging.
<WiFiGuest8465> lf tournament battle
<WiFiGuest5213> join my tournament!

Rules Regarding General Courtesy

Everyone should be able to trade and battle easily without having to worry about being harassed. Follow the rules.

English Only Please

5 minute ban -- The language of the chatroom is English. Using any other language may result in a ban. If you want to talk to someone in another language, do so in a private message.
<WiFiGuest4495> busco rayquaza
<WiFiGuest8746> je veux mewtwo

No Spamming

5+ minute ban -- If you Spam with anything in excess, you will be removed. This includes flooding, repeating, gibberish, and excessive characters/emoticons.
<WiFiGuest3332> :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p lf milotic :o:o:o :o:o:o :o:o:o :o:o:o
<WiFiGuest6444> sfasjneklqwjrl;asmklnsral;mflisnramogkl;dsoe
Click the spoiler for more specific things that fall under the realm of “spamming”.
No Flooding

5+ minute ban -- Do not write too many lines of text in a row too quickly. This is spam, and causes the channel to scroll faster than other people can keep up.
[10:05] <WiFiGuest1591> Do
[10:05] <WiFiGuest1561> Not
[10:05] <WiFiGuest1561> Write
[10:05] <WiFiGuest1561> Like
[10:05] <WiFiGuest1561> This

No Multiple Posting

Warning, then 5 minute ban -- Do not post 2 or more lines of text too quickly to each other, even if they are on topic. The Wi-fi chat room moves quickly, so don't take up too much space at once.
[00:50] <WiFiGuest0707> looking for shiny garchomp and shiny pidgeot
[00:50] <WiFiGuest0707> pm me

[00:50] <WiFiGuest0707> looking for crown beasts
[00:50] <WiFiGuest0707> offering celebi

No Repeating

5 minute ban -- Don't send the same message repeatedly within a short time frame. Changing a couple words/characters to try and evade spam filters will still get you banned.
[11:20] <WiFiGuest4495> offering groudon arceus magikarp and mewtwo
[11:20] <WiFiGuest4495> offering groudon arceus magikarp and mewtwo pm me
[11:20] <WiFiGuest4495> offering groudon arceus magikarp and mewtwo :)

No Character Spamming

5 minute ban -- Don't write out long lines of the same letter/character. This is annoying and disruptive. This includes space-spamming.
<WiFiGuest6595> lf pikachuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
<WiFiGuest3277> offering arceus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<WiFiGuest0045>
lf shiny butterfree​

No Accusations/Complaints In The Chat

Warning, then 5 minute ban -- If you have been scammed, disconnected on, or have had your opponent not follow your decided battle rules, do not complain about it or accuse people in the main chatroom. This includes telling other chat users not to battle or trade with people for whatever reason.

If you have proof that any such thing happened and did not close your PM with them, report them with said proof to an active op immediately so we can deal with them as soon as possible. See this topic for tips on how to avoid scams.
<WiFiGuest4495> i just got scammed!!!! =(
<WiFiGuest8921> Bob disconnects don't play with him!
<WiFiGuest3579> no one trade with WiFiGuest5738 ign Jake they are a scamming liar

Please Use Plain Text

5+ minute ban – There is no need to format your messages excessively. Keep your formatting to a minimum so that everybody's messages have an equal chance of standing out.
Keep Bold/Underline/etc to a Minimum

5 minute ban -- Use bold, underline, reverse, and italics (that goes for you mIRC 7.1+ users) sparingly. If too much of your text in one line is formatted, it is an auto-ban.
<WiFiGuest4999> Who wants to battle?
<WiFiGuest5941> looking for a caterpie, will trade my bagon!

Don't use /me

5 minute ban -- Do not use the /me command. There is no need to format your offers/requests this way, and any other use of it is roleplaying/offtopic anyway.
* WiFiGuest8744 wants a ponyta!

No Excess Caps

5 minute ban -- DO NOT WRITE OUT LINES LIKE THIS.
<WiFiGuest7944> I WANT HEART GOLD!
<WiFiGuest9226> CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!?
<WiFiGuest6545> hello I NEED HELP WITH SOMETHING!

No Harassment
5+ minute ban – Treat people the way you would want to be treated. No rude comments in the chat room, no PM harassment, no impersonating somebody else. Simply put, don't be annoying on purpose.
No Flaming

5 minute ban -- Do not complain about other users in the chat room under any circumstances. If somebody is breaking a rule, report them.
<WiFiGuest6544> {XX}ClanGuy hacks! Don't battle him!
<WiFiGuest8945> Jim is a moron!

No PM Harassment

10+ minute ban -- Do not harass others via private message. If someone is harassing you, report them.
Remember, ops cannot see your PM conversations unless you send logs to us. If somebody is harassing you in PM, you must send us the entire conversation between the two of you, because we can't see it otherwise.
You already know the rules by now. Don't break them in PM.

No Impersonation

5+ minute ban -- Do not change your nickname to one that is intentionally similar to another person in the chatroom. This includes regular users, ops, and network staff.
<kirbee> kirby is a bad op!
<Sereb11> give me all your Pokémon or your bannd!
<St3phen> stephen banned me and i'm mad!!!
<[YZ]CIanDude> lol look at me i'm [YZ]ClanDude and i'm dumb

No Clones

5+ minute ban -- Do not join on a duplicate connection with another name. (We will make an exception if you are trying to set up mIRC or another chat client.)​

Rules Regarding Chatroom Management

Wifi's ops were selected for a reason. Wifi's rules were written for a reason. Keep these guidelines in mind when dealing with chatroom staff.

No Arguing With Ops About Bans/Rules

5+ minute ban -- It's okay to PM an op to ask about your ban, but being hostile about it will only get you banned even longer. The rules of #SPP-Wifi are decided upon by all the ops and are not up for debate, so arguing with an op will not get them changed. Commenting on and criticising other people's bans is also offtopic and not allowed.
If you feel you have been banned unfairly, you may post about it in this thread, but make sure to follow that thread's instructions or else your post may be ignored.
<WiFiGuest7888> you're a stupid op!
<WiFiGuest9462> why shouldn't we be allowed to trade hacks?
<WiFiGuest2227> why'd they get banned for that? what a stupid rule

No Ban Evasion

Untimed ban -- If you were banned, and return under a different IP or vhost, you will automatically be banned and reported to network services. Bans usually last 5-10 minutes, so just wait them out. Longer (untimed) bans are removed every time an op clears the ban list, which usually happens every couple of days. Ban evasion will not only get you in further trouble with the chat room, but will also get you in trouble with network staff, and you may be permanently banned from all chat rooms for a very long time.​

No Script Evasion

5+ minute ban -- Some of the ops have tools known as scripts which can sometimes detect when somebody is breaking a rule. If you try to break a rule by changing your text to evade a script, you will be banned.
<WiFiGuest6006> Looking for people who have p0k3$@\/ pm me

No Tricking People Into Script Evasion

Untimed ban -- If you try to get someone in trouble by making them trigger a script by accident, they won't get in trouble, but you will.
<WifiGuest9173> what event pokemon aren't released yet
<WiFiGuest6059> What's the last pokemon in the dex, again?

No False Reports

5+ minute ban -- If you try to get someone in trouble by making fake logs or other fake evidence, you will be banned.​

No Mini-Opping

5 minute ban -- Do not act like you are an Op in the chatroom. If you notice somebody else breaking a rule in the chatroom who is not being dealt with, tell an op privately.
<WiFiGuest5921> don't ask for that, you'll get kicked!
<WiFiGuest1666> stay on topic guys

No Access Begging

Warning, then 5 minute ban -- You will not be opped/voiced if you ask for it. Just don't ask. (Op/Voice is having ~ & @ % + next to your name)
<WiFiGuest9599> can I be an op?
<WiFiGuest9599> plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
<WiFiGuest9599> i promise i'll be a good op

Don't Ask Ops How They Became Ops

Warning, then 5 minute ban -- This is particularly annoying. Ops are added when the other ops think that they should be added. There is no way to "become an op" of your own doing, it is a granted access that you cannot ask for, and probably will not get if you make it apparent you're trying to get it. Let your curiosity rest on this one, and stop asking.
<WiFiGuest1141> so how did u become op
<WiFiGuest6627> who made u op?
<WiFiGuest8858> how do i become an op

This rules set was written collaboratively by the #SPP and #SPP-Wifi op team.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.