• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SPPF Big Brother Season 4

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Jameschar: Art is my specialty, well no, it's actually fire but both look cool so it's close enough.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Potato: I'm no artist, but oh well, let's see what I end up making, also, Jameschar, fire is the literal opposite of cool

Genaller

Silver Soul

Genaller

Silver Soul
The HOH competition has ended! Snowball and Olorun forfeited like cowards. Here are the 8 Haikus that were submitted:

Cunning Mastermind
Sneaky gator played the whole
And never faltered

He is Rotiart
He is a Krokorok that
Won a Big Brother

Shame he's a ground type
Got poor Jimchar Evicted
He's not flammable

Social Puppetry
A Beautiful Spider Web
Dripping with guile

Ruthless and cunning
He conquered the game with ease
A truly sly croc

Some bad moves were made,
He was still one to learn from,
Rotiart the mind

Lurker of the sands
Supreme skills of artifice
A plan to conquer

That fricken snake man
His name was traitor backwards
Swimmerson was robbed

3 judges will each rank the Haikus from 1 to 8 in order of worst to best. After this the rankings for each Haiku will be summed, and whoever’s Haiku ends up with the highest score will become HOH!

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
D.R.O.N.E.:According to my Goomle search...Only 2 of those are about nature imagery:Otherwise they're cinquains.

Wonder if the judges are going to take that into account.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
OOC: I forgot I was actually still in the game since I can't compete this week.

Solace: *whispering* Traditional haiku contain three major elements, one is the familar 5-7-5 structure, the second is the use of a "cutting word", a sort of verbal mark that separates the two halves of it which doesn't really exist in English, and the third is specifically a reference to season, not nature in general. If the judges were going to jude the haiku based on whether or not they were traditional, they would have had to be written in Japanese due to the lack of so-called "cutting words" in English.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Here’s what the judges thought:

Judge #1 GarchompTheAssassin

6 (positive message) > 8 (an emotive piece) > 4 and 7 (imaginative) > 1 > 5 > 3 (typism isn't nice) > 2 (too on the nose)

Judge #2 octoboy

#7: Gloriously poetic, excellent vocabulary
#1: Pretty accurate, and relatively well put together
#5: Similarly well put together and accurate; I'd probably rank this and #1 equally, if that's an option
#4: Probably the best lyric-wise, but loses quite a few points for missing a syllable in the final line
#8: On the salty side (though I don't blame you), and a bit inaccurate taxonomically, but gets points for blowing my mind regarding Rotiart's name origin
#6: A bit vague, and hard to read
#3: Saltier than #8
#2: Painfully basic in terms of content; not interesting or imaginative at all

Judge #3 Darthlord7

]from worst to best: #2 -> #6 -> #5 -> #7 -> #1 -> #3 -> #4 -> #8

Results

Haiku #1 -> 4 + 7 + 5 = 16

Haiku #2 -> 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

Haiku #3 -> 2 + 2 + 6 = 10

Haiku #4 -> 6 + 5 + 7 = 18

Haiku #5 -> 3 + 6 + 3 = 12

Haiku #6 -> 8 + 3 + 2 = 13

Haiku #7 -> 5 + 8 + 4 = 17

Haiku #8 -> 7 + 4 + 8 = 19

The winner and new HOH is Brian!! @WizardTrubbish as HOH, please state which 2 houseguests you wish to nominate for eviction along with which houseguest you’re picking to plag in the veto competition.

Tara (Haiku #2), Jameschar (Haiku #3) and Rhoda (Haiku #5) will be have-nots for the week along with Snowball and Olorun for forfeiting like cowards. I hope they look forward to enjoying delicious and succulent Energy Roots ^_^.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Snowball: You call it cowardice, I call it controlling my own future. This comp is a luck based crapshoot so there's no way to know if I can win or not. By forfeiting, I 100% lose for sure. So there! *taps forehead*

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Brian:I've been navigating my way through the mind-numbing reality of a godless existence by nominating Solace and Jameschar. lol owned

I pick Tara for veto because of her fighting words about my haiku. You win a comp then, coward