1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

SPPF Christian Alliance

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Pikawho?, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roseheart95

Roseheart95 El Psy Congroo

^I'm not sure my advice is any good, since I haven't experienced a lot of this (I'm not as open about my faith as I feel I ought to be - I'm still growing), but I think maybe giving you some advice would be better than not saying anything, because I know what it's like to post something but nobody knows how to reply, so they don't.

So, maybe you've already tried this, but perhaps you should just lay out the facts for him. Tell him that, if your friends really were like that, you wouldn't be friends with them. Try and tell him that you're not the exception; you're the rule. Remind him that, in every group, there will be some who are just plain mean etc. - this is also true of atheists - maybe say that, there are several atheists out there who discriminate against Christianity, but that you also know many who are nice, kind people. Show him that it works both ways. Something I've told one of my gay friends when I mentioned my faith and he was surprised was: "Unfortunately, the most intolerant are also the loudest". Maybe that will help? Tell him everybody slips up once in a while, or sometimes say things in a way that sounds different to what they intended. Tell him that your friends may consider homosexuality as a sin, but that that doesn't mean they hate homosexuals - in the same way they may consider murder a sin, but don't hate murderers.

I hope that helps, even just a little...

2. leafme

leafme SSBM Roy Main

I want in

John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

3. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

Yeah, I sort of told him that once we had a huge discussion, part of it was about the way he spoke about my Christian friends, so I told him it made me upset, and he said he would try to stop it (For some reason, he thinks my friends are being fake nice, or aleast some of them >.>), so I am hoping it did help a little.

4. Pikawho?

Pikawho? (five15)

Celestial Moth: It has been decided by myself and the co-owners that you cannot be a member of this club. This decision was made based on differences in spiritual beliefs. Please don't take this rejection personally. We are only trying to prevent potential conflict. Thank you. If you have any questions please message either me, Jesusfreak, or ShinySandshrew.

TheSketchQueen: Unfortunately, due to the vast differences between Mormon and Christian beliefs, the co-owners and I have decided not to give you membership. As with Celestial Moth, this is only to prevent future conflicts due to disagreement in doctrine. Please don't take this personally. As much as I'd like to let you join, we do not see membership as being beneficial to you. Thank you. If you have any questions please message either me, Jesusfreak, or ShinySandshrew.

ItalianBaptist, EpicJirachifan, Leafme: Welcome to the CA! Hopefully I didn't scare you away with the rejection of two members. It's very rare that we turn people away. =/ Please feel to contribute to the current topic. If there is a question or topic you would like to discuss feel free to post about it. Currently going in and out of inactivity here but hopefully we can get things moving again. =)

DreadAdvocate: I was really disappointed that I couldn't go to that! I had my ticket for the VA show but something came up after church that day. I was really looking forward to seeing Wolves at the Gate perform. =/ Although I will get to go to this so at least I'll get another chance to see WATG. Pretty strong line-up too. It'll be my brother's first show too so it should be a great day all around. =)

WT: Haha your membership here never expires, even if I fail to put the username in the memberlist. lol Glad to see you're still around!

Roseheart really hit it on the head. It's unfair that your cousin is judging your friends based on bad experiences with other Christians. Hopefully he trusts you enough to be able to take your word for it when you say that they aren't as he makes them out to be. I hope things improve for you guys! I'll be praying. =)

And I'll be trying to get back into the habit of posting here. I want to be able to get things going again. Hopefully being out of school will help. =P

Have a blessed day, everyone!

5. BugPokemonMaster316

BugPokemonMaster316 Well-Known Member

Hello there! I was wondering if I could join this club. I have been a Christian(Catholic to be specific) my whole life. I attended a Christian school from kindergarten to sixth grade, but then had to go to a public school due to problems occurring in my life at the moment(please read my About Me to find out more). Every year, I go to a Christian camp in the Adirondacks called Northern Frontier. I have been to several Christian rock concerts, including Luminate and the Battle Cry 2-day concert. Also, something I think is really cool is that I was born on March 16, also referred to as 3/16, which is similar to John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I know the last part isn't a reason why you should let me join, but it's something that I thought was really cool.

6. Roseheart95

^That's pretty cool (unfortunately it doesn't work in England :'( )

So, I just wanted to bring up a discussion, if that's okay. Basically, in my entire year at school, I know only about three Christians, and only one who I'm quite close to, but is in none of my classes. If somebody says something against Christianity in class, for example, pretty much everyone is likely to agree with it, and I feel a little put out sometimes. I was just wondering if you guys have had similar experiences, and how you deal with it.

7. greatguy

greatguy Back.

If there's a membership list, I'd like to be deleted from it. Here's my expanation:

[SPOIL]I no longer call myself a Christian if I'm describing my religion; I say that I'm basically a Jewish proselyte who accepts the teachings of Jesus in the Synoptic Gospels. The thing is, the term "Christian" carries with it so much "baggage" with it, which is difficult to explain to others. For instance, I no longer believe the doctrine of the Trinity, or accept the apostolic letters as canonical (I believe they're useful for edification though), and I reject Paul, Hebrews, and the Gospel of John. What's left is the Synoptics, which align perfectly with Judaism as I understand it. I'm basically what the modern church calls a "Judaiser." I get verbally attacked by Christians, too, and since I'm in such a miniority position, I've just decided not to call myself by their name anymore.[/SPOIL]

I don't mind discussing it if anyone wants to PM me (or VM me, but I think my profile is limited to contacts).

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  8. Don't worry, your membership request wasn't accepted in the first place. Have a good day all the same.~

9. Dread Advocate

Dread Advocate †Stay Metal†

A lot of those bands were at Alliance Fest yesterday. But apparently TDWP, Maylene, and Norma Jean dropped it because the promoter didn't hold up to his end of the bargain, and Hundredth and Being as an Ocean are pitching a fit about it. Like, they're trying to break equipment and cussing up storms and denouncing God. But that's looking to be an excellent lineup. Seen all of them except TDWP, The Word Alive, Maylene, TRJA, BAAO, Jamie's, and Condition, and all the ones I have seen have done excellent jobs. I hope you have a blast, stay safe, and that Hundredth and Ocean don't behave the way they did yesterday.

EDIT: Also, when you get the chance, Darth_Feraligatr's name in the member list needs to be changed to mine.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  10. Pikawho?

Pikawho? (five15)

I heard that TDWP couldn't perform but I didn't realize that the other groups were affected too. That's disappointing to hear about Hundredth and BAAO. I didn't see Hundredth perform (had a meet and greet) and only caught the tail end of BAAO's performance. They seemed to be more level headed today.

JE and TWA had travel issues so they couldn't perform. Although we needed the extra time since the sound was really bad and needed plenty of set up and maintenance during each performance. When I saw Five Iron Frenzy's show (free, might I add) they had only one mic that wouldn't behave. The venue was also two shoddy stages set up in a church parking lot. Due to the nature of metal shows, I was almost certain someone would get hurt on the asphalt (fortunately, no one did). I just expected more from this festival, since there were so many big names. Not trying too be cynical I just thought it was funny how it was opposite of what my expectations were. lol

Everyone killed it. Despite the sketchy venue, everyone had a blast. My brother got into some new music (specifically WATG) and caught a signed pick from TDWP. Not bad for his first time. =P I got to meet everyone I wanted to and was able to successfully get Ryan Clark to write down the Pre-chorus to Deteriorate (in my sig). I basically fangirled for the rest of the day. lol Now I sit here sore and worn out with other people's sweat/blood on me so I guess it was a successful show? Definitely one I'll remember.

Hopefully you'll get a chance to see TDWP sometime soon. They put on a really good show. This was my second time seeing them this year (first time was on their tour with AILD, before the Lambesis situation...).

And I got your name changed, finally. I'm the internet's laziest club owner of all time ever. lol

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  11. Dread Advocate

Sounds about like how I behave during Scream the Prayer every year. And you described the 7 Venue as well, though that's only its current location. It's set up in the middle of a pretty bad neighborhood. Tony, the owner, finally appealed to the state court to get enough money to move. The new location, though still in that neighborhood, is better lit, is an abandoned RV dealership not far from the current location, and when they're done moving in, the 7 will be bigger than the Masquerade in Atlanta. That means bigger bands, like Prada and August Burns Red.

12. Pikawho?

Pikawho? (five15)

Wow so that's also a venue that they set up for a show and then take down? I always imagined that it was a small venue like the one I went to for STP last year. I guess I haven't been to enough venues yet...But that would be cool. How far is the closest venue you could see either of them at?

13. Dread Advocate

No, the 7 was an old dollar theater. But the county wants to expand the road it's on, and the expansion begins in the plaza it's in. People have been moved out of their homes, and most businesses were compensated by the state. The 7 was one of the few that had to appeal to the state court for compensation.

Prada's set to be in Atlanta in December, but it's at the Masquerade, full of hateful people (even the workers) and drunk people (also the workers). Something I'd rather avoid. ABR currently doesn't have any tour dates set in the states; they're currently touring Europe. However, an upcoming concert I'm looking forward to is 152 Festival in Macon. Some of my friends from the 7, who live up in Cartersville, may be going and, thus, may offer me a ride.

14. ArceusAlpha493

ArceusAlpha493 Benevolent Creator

Hey I am a Christian and I would love to join.

15. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

Sorry for late reply (Although yours was just as late haha:p). Well, he has stopped talking like that, knowing it upsets me and I have asked him not to do it anymore, but I don't think anything I will say, will fully change his mind. What's annoying is my own father, who says he's a Christian (Not sure about that claim anymore....) acts a similar fashion, but that's my father, he doesn't trust anyone at all and thinks everyone's just out to take advantage of me and are jerks.

It's kinda sad how the world ended up, everyone's so paranoid that everyone else is an enemy that cannot ever be trusted, sadly life causes people to be suspicious of each other, that's not what God would want I say.

But everything's calm now, so my cousin has knocked it off, although he still makes it clear he won't able to get along with them.

16. Skillfulness

Skillfulness Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! It's been ages since I've posted here, hope you're all doing well! I just wanted to put out that I had a dream a while ago that my friend interpreted. Apparently I'm going to be helping God's plan and I'm getting some responsibility. It's a bit surprising to me because I've been rather far from God; selfishly spending all summer with my friends basically. I do know I'm getting help, but this is still a big deal for me. Prayers appreciated and I hope everyone has a wonderful week ^_^

17. Roseheart95

^I'll pray for you! I hope God will call me to do some work, too, because I feel like I don't do enough for Him (but I know it's saved by faith, not works!)

18. Sorry, I meant to reply earlier, but welcome to the Christian Alliance! Feel free to join in the current conversation or start a new one.

19. ArceusAlpha493

ArceusAlpha493 Benevolent Creator

Good morning that the Lord has made and a beautiful one at that. I live in Statesboro, GA and I am a Methodist Christian and a fan of Pokémon and other Nintendo series. Anyways, another topic, are there any Zelda fans here too. Two years ago was the 25th anniversary of the Legend of Zelda series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKYn4ACAd7s This was recorded at a church in Washington state. Fun fact to fellow Christians, did you know that Christianity was originally going to have some focus in the Legend of Zelda but I don't know the rest.

This focus is what Christian themes have you found in Nintendo franchises?

20. Steelrush

Steelrush Banned

I've come to join, to add to this fine group and make new friends that worship the most great being who founded the universe and has helped me many different times in the past.

The Lord kept me in one piece when times got tough, and is helping me stay together right now. Chatting with fellow believers also helps tame me, and I also get along well with those of my religion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.