1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

SPPF Christian Alliance

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Pikawho?, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crobatman

crobatman Well-Known Member

I am sure you are still welcome! I have been gone for almost 2 years before getting active on here again. :p

Topic time:
    What are your plans this weekend with the new games releasing?
    I have a church meeting to go to in the morning that is out of town, so I have to wait until I get back to buy the games at gamestop that evening. I am going to get both X and Y! I am going to play through Y first, and then do X later for fun. I know what I will be doing between Church services on Sunday too! It's all cool because I do not have to study for my classes this next week either, because I just finished the first half of my semester. I have new classes that start next week.

2. skybattler262

skybattler262 Well-Known Member

Sit down, Relax... that pretty much it! (And I really did not have a 3DS, so it never bothers me....)
    I'm more into the hype of finding what's the anime has in store for us...

3. Roseheart95

Roseheart95 El Psy Congroo

I'm still saving up for Pokemon Y, plus a 3DS. I'm about a quarter of the way, but I don't think I'll be able to afford them until after Christmas, unfortunately...

And I must admit that I don't get the reference in the title of the new pop music thread...

4. flawlessazn

flawlessazn Spiffy ~ ^^"

The usual, go out with friends, go to church, etc ...

i will be able to get the games in a month, after my final exams.

5. Pikawho?

Pikawho? (five15)

Nemmeh: You're always welcome here! It's good to see you again. =) And I'm not too bothered by the title, honestly. I've seen that reference in tons of memes. I don't get why it's being used for pop music, though. And for those not getting a reference: it's more or less mocking Jehovah's Witnesses going door to door and asking if you've heard of "Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ". The meme started with random animals poking their heads through stuff and saying it but then moved on to sea animals asking if you've heard of "Cthulu" and such. Again, I see it as something that's more silly than offensive. That's just my take. Feel free to flame me or throw a mutiny. lol

Well I'm going to be watching my brother play hockey at the Verizon center then will be watching the Caps play later tonight. Tomorrow will be a normal day at church and I will likely go over to my brother in law's house and play the games with him and my sister. I'm really glad that it's also Columbus Day weekend so I'll have most of Monday to play it and watch myself die alone faster. lol

My FC is in my sig if anyone wants to exchange codes! Crobatman and I are already set up. =P

6. Chimungus

Chimungus Well-Known Member

Well I got X this morning, been playing it mostly all day! It's way better than I could have imagined! The Pokemon-amie makes every Pokemon so adorable, and the graphics are insanely good!

7. Dread Advocate

Dread Advocate †Stay Metal†

Well, considering my lack of funds, I don't plan on getting the new games soon. Never mind the fact that I don't even have a 3DS. I'm currently camping at Lake Salacoa in North Georgia, and surprisingly have free wi-fi. As terrible as it is (average speed of 24 mb/s), it's internet, and I'll take it. So I've been writing mostly Star Soul, reading Star Wars: The Last Command listening to some new bands (currently The Death In Me), spoiling the crap out of the new games in hopes that somebody will post the complete movepools for the starters, Aegislash, Talonflame and Heliolisk, and looking up help for Half-Life when I need it (this happens often now that I'm in the final third of the game on Xen). I only wish I could watch last night's episode of the Legend of Korra, but the internet speed is so bad I can't.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  8. skybattler262

THAT speed is already slow for you? I ENVY YOU!!!!!
    Enough said, my internet in our dorm is way lot worse than you think it is... It's is really unstable (there's an hour that it's fast, then slows down, and at times, shuts down without notice)... What do you expect in a third world country (like the Philippines)?

9. Dread Advocate

Dread Advocate †Stay Metal†

Call me spoiled, but I'm used to at home getting about 48+ mb/s, or school at 1 GB/s.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  10. skybattler262

I really envy you guys... how I wish I could get hold with an internet with that speed

11. NimhShambler

NimhShambler Fighting Type Prof.

I picked up X today (preordered it ages ago), but can't play it until I get an SD card (I bought my 3DS used back in January, and it didn't have an SD card. I didn't know I would need it because "Resident Evil: Revelations" didn't need it at all). Frustrates me a bit because I have about $5 to my name to last until Friday (so I can't get an SD card) and it doesn't say on the box or in the booklet that it needs it. :(

12. Roseheart95

Roseheart95 El Psy Congroo

^That must be pretty annoying. Maybe you could borrow money from somebody?

Anyway, I really want to see the trainer customisation options in full... I don't know why, that seems to be something I really excited for xD

13. crobatman

So, I got my games last night about 8pm, but had finish my final project for school before playing them. I stayed up until about 1:30 playing Y version. It has been really great so far! I like the way you can interact with friends more, and the wonder trades have been surprising too.
    Just had an excellent worship service at my church. I have no school this whole week. So, I am glad that I will have plenty of time to play.
    Also, my friend code is in my signature if you want to add me! Pikawho? And I are already friends with the 3ds :)

14. JetDogg

JetDogg Adventurer

Guys, please convert to Islam if you want Jannah (Paradise) and not Jahannam (Hellfire). We muslims believe in Jesus too, and many other prophets, like Moses and Josef. And our creator, Allah (God) of course.

15. crobatman

JetDogg, sorry, but this is not really the place for that. If you have sincere questions about Christianity, then you can ask. However, we are not going to debate you here.
    Just believing in Jesus is not enough for us. For us, it is the relationship we have through Him with the Father.

16. skybattler262

Actually, it's the kind of Jesus where Islam and Christianity are different, however, this is NOT the place for a debate vs. other 'religions' just as he start of the forum always suggested...
    You may not understand it right now, but... since your in Norway (which I hope is true), may I suggest you to just borrow the book we Christians cling (the Bible) to and start at John... it's a good start!
    (Moderators, sorry for doing this if I broke any rules... it's just I couldn't stop any opportunity that has already been at our hands :). PM me if the needs arises to continue, and please pray for this guy too... who knows, love might win him out.)

17. Pikawho?

Pikawho? (five15)

Jetdogg: In this club, you are not allowed to tell us that our belief is wrong and that we need to convert. I appreciate your concern but this is not the place for that. If you disagree with something, then take it to the debate forum. As Crobatman said, if you have questions about Christianity you may ask. Otherwise I will need to ask you to stop posting here. Thank you.

Nemmeh: It didn't come with an SD card? That's pretty surprising. Most of the game stores around here are pretty adamant about used items having everything (especially handheld consoles having chargers). I actually have an extra 2GB SD card that I doubt I'll ever use if you're in desperate need of one. Just throwing that out there. lol

Do you have any Pokemon "disciples" that you help out?

I have quite a few, actually. My younger brothers and their friends basically come to me for almost every aspect of the game. To some extent I could consider my close friends disciples, but they really only need my knowledge for deeper game mechanics and strategies. It's nice helping people out since it helps me feel less like a loser for knowing tons about a fictional game. lol

18. Chimungus

Chimungus Well-Known Member

When I was in Shalour city, some NPC ( I think that's what they are called!) was talking about how eternal life would be boring. I don't really understand why that was there, do any of you who have played more of the game know why?

19. skybattler262

Let me give you a historical perspective with that... first is that Kalos is based on France, the birthplace of most of our modern philosophies (e.g. modernism who gives birth to postmodernism...) and France is well known for it's discontentment and frequent protesting...
    That would easily answer that question... because they don't understand what eternal life really is! So having that featured in the games pretty much reflects a bit of the culture in France, including the 'discontentment' in eternal life (had they only know that eternal life is SOOOO much enjoyable than living in this fallen world that causes all the boredom and hardships we have in life...)
    Note: I might be actually Italy the birthplace of modern philosophies... arghh, does everyone know where Communism was envisioned? I thought it also started in France, so...

20. NimhShambler

NimhShambler Fighting Type Prof.

That's really generous, Pikawho, but I'll just wait. I've waited since January, one more week won't kill me. :)

Weird that it came with a cleaning cloth, extra screen protectors, and headphones, but no SD card though. Oh, well.

So, is anyone excited for Halloween? I know I am. I already have my costume ready (I always make mine myself). I'm going to dress as "The Mad Gasser of Mattoon"--it's easier to do than a Plague Doctor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.