1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

SPPF Christian Alliance

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Pikawho?, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

We'll be sure to pray for them nd all of you guys out there!

While we're on the topic of prayer requests: my family found out a couple of weeks ago that my mom is going to lose her job come this January. We know God will take care of us and eventually lead her to a new job, but prayer is the best thing right now

2. skybattler262

skybattler262 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this one! We'll praying for you!

3. skybattler262

Guys, I have a topic for everyone...
    If the characters in Pokemon Anime undergoes the tribulation period, what happens?
    I'm thinking a new fanfiction based on this idea.
    In my idea, it starts at a classical Left Behind scenario, on the plane Ash rides in goes to Kalos. Since I'm a pre-trib (and since the story would partially be a crossover with the Left Behind series), the rapture occurs, with several characters that would surprise the readers.
    It got me to think that some of Ash's friends dissappear while some undergoing to the tribulation, some being fooled to join the side of the Antichrist and some will be saved. i can't say the details for now, because it is still in the planning stage.

4. Pikawho?

Pikawho? (five15)

A wild Club Owner appeared!

Good luck with your new job! I hope the internship will work out for you! It's been a blessing having you around here. I hope you'll find the time to poke your head in here every now and then. You will always be welcome. =)

Time to catch up on the topics...

What part of the scripture has influenced you the most?

Psalm 1 has been a passage that has been on my mind recently. I had to memorize it for Sunday school over a decade ago (I'm so old) and it has always stuck. It's been helping me a lot recently.

Who's Your Favorite:
    Gym Leader- Watson. He was a fun character. He was deceptively hard too.
    Elite 4 Member- Lorelei. She uses Lapras, one of my favorites, so she gets my bias for this one.
    Champion- Steven. Arguably even my favorite character in the games.

How old were you when you were baptized?

I was baptized when I was 14. While I had grown up going to church and accepting what was taught, I didn't really commit my life to Christ until my early years in highschool. I believe I was baptized close to a year after I became a Christian.

Ever done a Challenge in the games?

I have only done a Nuzlocke (Ruby) and a Scramble (White). The Nuzlocke is currently incomplete after 3 years or so. I believe I have all 8 badges and I'm just grinding before I even attempt victory road and the e4. Don't remember my full team but I do have Groudon. Went through the entire cave of origin without hitting a wild Pokemon so I'm using that luck to my advantage. lol The scramble challenge was a lot of fun. I liked the diversity of my team and really enjoyed using shell-smash Clamperl/Huntail. I would easily do another scramble challenge.

If the characters in Pokemon Anime undergoes the tribulation period, what happens?

I haven't kept up with the anime so I'm not sure what kind of commentary I can offer regarding the characters. It's also kinda interesting to be combining our universe with the Pokemon universe, since Jesus technically doesn't exist in that fictional world. My question is: are people aware of Christianity or is everything that's happening coming as a surprise? One angle you could take would be Ash looking for the truth (the gospel), since its knowledge has been buried by people who've rejected it and the antichrist. That would explain why nobody seems to recognize it in the series. Other than that I'm not sure what else to say. Maybe other members will have better ideas to offer. lol

Prayer Requests: Even though I haven't been actively posting, I have been keeping up with the discussions. I have kept each of you in my prayers.

Wild Club Owner Fled!

5. crobatman

crobatman Well-Known Member

I heard about that Supertyphoon in the Philippines. One of my missionary friends has been requesting prayer for there too. Hope it is not too bad.

Look, It's a Pikawho?! I am gonna catch it!

Aww.... It got away....

Here is something kind of interesting. While on my second day of work yesterday, I saw a fellow worker playing his Pokemon game during his break. I thought that was pretty cool. I just got in a conversation with him, and told him I enjoyed Pokemon too. Been playing since Yellow version!

Have you ever played pokemon while at work or school? I never have at work, but I have done both the video games and trading cards while in middle school. I took my gameboy color to school as a freshman on one of the last days of school. I remember playing Leaf Green and Emerald while on school trips with my Academic Team. While in college, I would play during my breaks between classes. We had nice couches in our college's building that I would chill out and play pokemon on. :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  6. Pikawho?

Pikawho? (five15)

Have you ever played pokemon while at work or school?

Never at work but I have played while at school. During my highschool years I played both the TCG and the games during lunch with my friends. In college I didn't play too much with the nerd crowd (lack of time). Although during my Thermo class I had my ds open and was RE-ing for shinies. I wasn't successful but it was worth a shot. lol There's a guy at my work who is considering getting the games. May or may not nerd it up at lunch with him. I guess we'll find out. lol

7. Matoro

Matoro Toa of Ice

Well, I've always been pretty embarrassed to play Pokémon in public, since it usually gets some pretty odd stares. Not to mention since I finally got a comp of my own I've been running through some more standard PC games, so Pokémon has fallen off a lot.

8. skybattler262

Have you ever played pokemon while at work or school?
    I did it, once. Many saw this and just stared... they got interested when
    Are people aware of Christianity or is everything that's happening coming as a surprise?
    Actually, it's possible that Christianity could exists (remember the story of Noah in the OS series?) so it wouldn't come as a surprise. However, the scenario is that unlike our world, there is a sense of unity, but military was kept thanks to syndicates, which might play a theoretical role in the end-time scenario (e.g. Russia will be overun by a radical group that aims to annhiliate Israel, arranges an alliance with similar groups around Israel that had already launch similar things in the past and launches a surprise attack). It will be a miracle to pacify these radicals, forming a massive Eschatological theory on how the Antichrist would rise...
    Anyway, any other topic?... Sorry, but I tend to be focus on Exchatology at times...

9. ⊱✿RedAshEntropy

⊱✿RedAshEntropy · MultiShipper ·

Our country is facing a super typhoon,it's still pitch black here in our place. I'm also praying for those who were affected with the super typhoon as well [ I guess we're all having the same situation here in the Phil]. . . I hope everyone's alright as of now..

10. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Hang in there! We'll be praying for you!

I can't even imagine how that must be for all of you down there. I mean, in the States, the hurricanes that are bad usually hit the gulf bordering states, but you guys are facing a monster of a storm. I hope and pray you guys stay safe; keep us updated!

11. Chimungus

Chimungus Well-Known Member

Oh cool! Steven is my all-time favorite! It's such a shame he only appeared once in the anime and it wasn't even mentioned that he was the champion.

12. ⊱✿RedAshEntropy

Thank you. The typhoon has already left the country, but I couldn't deny how much the damage were.

13. skybattler262

Same thing here. I'm thankful that I'm in the Northern Island of Luzon (the largest BTW), but I'm deeply worried with my countrymen, especially our brothers and sisters in Christ down there.
    The storm literally TORN DOWN buildings! I saw a video of that last night in our television.

14. ⊱✿RedAshEntropy

Same here. I'm from the southern part of Luzon. I'm glad the typhoon is already outside the country yet I can't deny the damages it brought. Specially in Visayas.. an earthquake just happened there next is this typhoon. :(
    Prayers do help a lot.. I'm thankful but part of me is still worried.

15. crobatman

Hope you guys were not impacted by that Typhoon too much. I live in area of the USA that has Hurricanes. I can only imagine how it is in the islands though.

16. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

Im far inland so it doesnt really affect me, but yeah, they're no laughing matter.

Ugh, I posted in the homosexuality thread...I'm probably going to get so much bad rep XD But at least I got my point across.

EDIT:
    Interesting article I came across the other day.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  17. crobatman

Anything you would like to discuss about that article you posted? I believe the Trinity is something that has been involved since the beginning of the Bible, and before Creation.

John 1:1&2 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.”

This "doctrine" was around way before Christianity spread to Rome. Because we are human, it just took a while for us to get the big picture of the mystery of Christ's divinity that is spoken of in Ephesians 3. Go check it out: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+3&version=NKJV

I like the last lines of that article:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  18. skybattler262

I've got to admit it, the Trinity is the HARDEST yet the most interesting doctrine in the Bible about God. It really differs if you experience it yourself!
    Before, I've got a hard time to understand this, because how else could you explain three persons yet the same God? Until the time my salvation is relly assured, I was confused, until the moment I understand that God should hold the final authority of everything. For a simple note, look at water. It could exists in one form at one point, two forms at their boiling and melting point, and EVEN THREE PHASES IN A SINGLE POINT IF THE CONDITIONS ARE RIGHT (it is called triple point). This is just an example of that!
    P.S. I'm really somewhat angry to a recent conspiracy theory about the formation of the supertyphoon that JUST WRECK OUR COUNTRY... They really are nuts to think that someone is behind it, and was purposely aimed at our country. They proclaimed that it is caused by a sudden microwave influx... I REALLY HATED THIS THEORY BECAUSE FIRST, IT WILL TAKE A HUMOGOUS ENERGY TO DO SO (I estimate to be the whole country of nuclear reactors in France just to achieve that) and DISREGARDS SPACE MICROWAVE ENERGY!!!! People, at times, will cling to this things just to find someone to blame... I was once a conspiracy believer until God changed me, since every conspiracy theopry believes that man (not God) is in control of everything.

19. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

I personally don't believe in the trinity. Like the article pointed out it really was started after the bible was finished. And the only other hints of a trinity before that, were from non-christian religions.
    Now, before I continue, I would like to say that this post is not intended to bash or anything like that, I am just posting the results of my research.
    I do hear that verse in John a lot to explain the trinity, but it just quit do it for me. It says the word was "A" god, not "The" god.
    Plus that would be in direct conflict with many other scriptures:
    Acts 7:55,56
    55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
    It says that Jesus and God are two distinct spirits, not the same being. And the fact that he was "full of the holy spirit" implies that the Holy Spirit is not really a living being at all.

Psalms 83:18:
    You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.
    So god alone is almighty.

Galatians 3:20
    20 A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but God is one.
    Pretty straightforward.

John 17:3
    3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
    Again, pretty straightforward.

Deuteronomy 6:4
    Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
    So....Now the lord is 3?

Mark 13:32
    32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
    For the trinity to work, all 3 have to be omnipotent, yet here it says there are some things that God knows and Jesus does not.

Matthew 12:31, 32
    31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
    Also for the trinity to be viable, all 3 must be equal. Yet here, it makes it sound as if the "Spirit" is higher than Jesus.

John 14:28
    28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
    Once again it states that they are not equals.

1 Corinthians 11:3
    3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
    And this was after Jesus died and returned to heaven and he still the subordinate of god.

I can name more. But the trinity is just quite simply not a Bible teaching. I would also like to post a quote form another article [here]

20. crobatman

Hey guys, outside of this topic on the Trinity, here is another fun discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSaJE2rqxU
    What are your reactions to this Noah movie with Russel Crowe?

For the Trinity discussion:

You are correct that The Lord is One. The "trinity" is just different aspects of his nature. Are you possibly suggesting that God does not have a spirit? That Christ is not divine? Who is this Jesus anyway? How can Jesus even offer redemption if he is not the most holy one?

Here is some logic I have considered about the Trinity. We are created in God's image. That means God created us with an aspect similar to Himself.
    God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and this is similar to how we are also three in one. We are mind, body, and soul. Father= mind, Son = body, Spirit = soul.

These three persons are all the same thing. God!

It is true also that Jesus never did say "I am God." However, he was tried for Blasphemy! He even said some incredible "I am" statements that only the Holy God can be attributed with.
    The whole gospel of John's theme is about the Divinity of Christ. John 10:30 even says, "I and the Father are one." By the Jews' reaction to this you should know who He was claiming to be. Jesus was either lying, telling the truth, or He was insane. Take your pick.

Thomas, you know, the doubter? After seeing the resurrected and glorious body of Christ, and touching His wounds said, "My Lord and My God." Jesus did not correct him.

Paul, in Titus 2:13 says "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"

The writer of Hebrews has this to say:
    In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God,” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

If Jesus is not God, then what hope do I have in His death? It would be utterly insignificant. (1 John 2:2)
    Only God is righteous enough to take upon all of our sins, and pay the penalty.

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Corinthians 5:21

Show me. King James Version, American Standard Version, English Standard Version, and even The Message says "The" Word. You can check other versions here too: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 1:1&version=ASV

Godwastheword.gif In greek, the word "the" is O.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    Roseheart95 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.