1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

SPPF Christian Alliance

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Pikawho?, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucario7777777

Lucario7777777 A Jesus Freak

Thanks. :)

2. Dread Advocate

Dread Advocate †Stay Metal†

Well, I start back at school today. I need prayer that I don't slack and end up how I thought last semester was going to end.

3. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Ugh, I can agree with you on that. My second week of school has just started and I can't stand it. I just feel constantly sad while I'm here. I guess that's one thing I need to work on this semester and just this year in general is my lack of happiness. I try to always feel content and put my burden on others, but lately it's been a bit much for me.

I'm probably just lonely though, I'm sure I'll get over it sooner or later.

So hang in there, Dread, we'll be praying for ya!

4. ArceusAlpha493

ArceusAlpha493 Benevolent Creator

I wish you luck and I will pray for a successful semester.

Now onto the topic of the pokemon the prominent people in Biblical times would have starting with the legendaries. Lets start with the first gen legendaries and the pokemon working our way up to the sixth generation. And lets not forget the Mega Evos. We also need to take in account of man made Pokémon like Mewtwo, the Porygon line, Magnamite Line, and other possible pokemon.

5. skybattler262

skybattler262 Well-Known Member

Mewtwo, Porygon and Magnemite line is way to contemporary to even be used in the Bible...
    For me, Mega Evolutions simply don't exists yet (i'm guessing that they are more man-made stuff anyway...)
    But I can't point up who owns who...

6. skybattler262

7. Furret Master

Furret Master Champion Seeker

I do like one of the President's quotes: "These tragedies tell us that despite all our efforts, we are indeed powerless without God." I know that it is unsure if the President is a Follower of Jesus or not (at least, I don't know), and while it could be a unity of all beliefs, his point is one we can all take to heart, especially in our daily walk with God. We can thank Him for being in control despite how the world looks and that we can trust in Him to guide us through our lives. I will give him kudos for that.

8. skybattler262

9. Furret Master

Lol, that's amazing. I suppose catching them all really is a lot easier when it's part of God's ultimate plan. Does that make Noah the ultimate Pokemon trainer? I suppose only based on completing the Pokedex.

10. skybattler262

^Hey, he did caught all land Pokemon anyway...
    Legendaey Pokemon are not included... who else are needed to open the fountains of the deep (Groudon, many are saying this literally meant an earthquake to spew water from the underground of the earth) or to oen the floodgates of heaven (Kyogre)
    Anyways, any guess on how the Kalos Trio fit in the Bible?

11. Steelrush

Steelrush Banned

Not necessarily, it also depends on how good someone is at Pokemon battles.

12. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Hey, hey, everbod-aaayyy!!!!

.....Sorry.

XD lol How is everyone? It's been a while since I've just come here to check up on everybody.

In my life lately, it's just been homework, homework, and more homework, but I've been able to find some time for myself now and then. Having this time to think, I'm really wondering and praying for where God wants to direct me in terms of careers. I sometimes wonder if what I want I'm currently interested in (zoology) is what I'm supposed to do in life. When I talked to my sister about it, she explained that if you follow God, He will give you the interests to pursue what you're called to do. She also said that He won't put you in a place where He doesn't want you and that He gave you interests, strengths, disinterests, and opportunities for a reason.

I don't know, I just felt like should tell y'all this. It helped me, it might help someone else, but it's something to think about.

13. Furret Master

^
    That is something good to think about. I understand how that is. I myself have some interesting things to think about as I work to complete my last semester of college. I have been planning on going into forensic science since before going to college, but now I have had the idea of going into Edge Corp, which is a ministry associated with the Navigators. Needless to say, both can't be done at the same time. I have some opportunities to submit for a couple of jobs, but I still have been praying about Edge Corp as well. It gets tricky when you're not sure where God is leading you. Still, I get an opportunity to learn more about Edge Corp this weekend, so that will be nice.

14. skybattler262

Hello everyone!
    Well, since we are talking about our college life, my case involves academics and *shudder* some heart issues...
    My academic life is getting harder and harder as a veterinary student in the most premier state univeristy in our country. It really is getting hard, and is further aggreviated by my feelings for a certain someone...
    My experience is that God is really holding me back to even start courting her, given the fact that even if nearly everyone figured out that I do have a liking for her (in my college which is pretty small in population), I still manages to stay single. In this struggle in my life, I learned a lot of wisdom regarding relationships (that I should not think too mush about someone, and even to redirect my attention to God's love for me, His way of catching my heart), but I'm still praying that someday, God will let me forget about my liking for her and He will awaken my feelings for the One He destined me to end up with...

15. Zoe Trent

Zoe Trent Boyfriend free :(

Can I join? I'm not sure if god is real or not though.

16. TheFightingPikachu

TheFightingPikachu Smashing!

How many of the people here have heard about the debate between Ken Ham and Bill Nye the Science Guy?

(Link to random news article about it.)

It's happening Tuesday at 7:00 P.M. Eastern Time, and it will be streaming live on the internet.

I first heard about it when my Pastor mentioned it in Sunday School about two months ago. I have some opinions on how the event will go down, but before I share any of that, I'd like to hear what some of the members here think. Also, is anyone here planning on watching it? Personally, I'm not sure if I will.

17. CanadianGuyEh

CanadianGuyEh Well-Known Member

Regardless of who will win the debate, and certainly know Bill Nye will, this will be seen as a win for silly creationists due to more exposure.

Pretty much like playing chess with a pigeon..

Reason why i said that is because Creationists are very self-ignorant about the reality around them, despite whatever they believe in, science has already concluded that not only the earth is more than 6000 years old, but there are actual civilizations the predate either around or even before the time of Egyptians.

It's sad to see that people think Creationism should be taught alongside Evolution/Biology as the "other side of the argument" when clearly it isn't, not even by a hair! Public schools should be taught the proper academia, while if you're a private school such as a Christian/Catholic one, sure, teach whatever.

Where i come from (B.C Canada), i was taught evolution and i accept it cause it's true for one, look at the common flu! It continuously adapts & evolves to combat vaccines for it - hence why there is no cure for the common cold.

And on top of that, i come from a Roman Catholic family, but my folks never believed in creationism, they accepted evolution. Even my Dad loves the fact he found out we're made out of star dust (basically), when i sorta figured that one out myself.

By the way, i'm a spooky Agnostic-Atheist boo~ *does a crazy satanic dance* (just kidding on the dance part, i suck at dancing...)

In the end, i think this whole debate is gonna be a waste of time, just like when Dawkins debated that Wendy lady.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  18. TheFightingPikachu

TheFightingPikachu Smashing!

Um...CanadianGuyEh? The first post of this club says:

I also would respectfully ask that you be a bit more respectful in expressing disagreement. I don't think you would like it if I came to an atheist or agnostic club and called your beliefs "silly" or did a "theist dance" or anything like that. Additionally, and this is not really the same issue, why would you do a Satanic dance if you don't believe in Satan?

If you wish to respond, CanadianGuyEh, please take it to my VM page.

19. CanadianGuyEh

CanadianGuyEh Well-Known Member

If you wanted to, sure, why not? Just come prepared with solid good arguments that's all. I known quite a few people who are theists that come off strong in their arguments especially in 1v1's against non-theists.

As for the "Satanic" dance, i was being sarcastic. Of course i don't believe in Satan, that's the whole point why i was kidding around there.
    And sure, you can come do a theistic dance anytime you want, do you jive or swing? :p

Lastly, rather be a believer, non-believer or even in the middle, i personally think not everyone from those 3 parties believe in creationism.
    Some may even be deists too.

But i still stand about what i said about how ignorant Creationists are, even the self-proclaimed ones with PHd's and how i fear for America's future educational wise.

20. skybattler262

First is why are you posting here? Why are you even bothering to post in here anyway...
    We do debate that thing in here, but we never fully settle on it (ask the others, they fully believe both in evolution and God, that is their way of acknowledging God, but for me, to believe the Bible means to believe the whole Genesis account accurate)
    I could easily tell this things to you, and this is backed up by research from the Creationists:
    1. There is a worldwide flood, and this is supported by the theory of catatrophic change (there can be a time where all the things that are observed happened in a much drastic and sudden change in one point in time)
    2. The dating methods are highly inaccurate once you factored in time beyond the time where everything calmed down(time isn't as constant as we perceive... thre are times in the past where time travels much faster and such. Radiation may be constant, but factor in time changes and things change drastically)
    3. Any major civilization objects found in unusual places (e.g. a hammer in a 'perceived' Cretaceous period rock) could be a result of the advance civilization that happened right before the flood. Although this is debated inside the creationist circles, a theory to explain this is that humans are much more advance before the flood, then 'came back to nearly zero' afterwards. To explain this needs an explanation in theology, and may not cover your degree of understanding.
    4. Creationists embraces the term 'microevolution' (e.g. the process of adaption), not 'macroevolution' To explain this in a Pokemon perspective, they believe that to survive, a Ditto can transform into another creature, yet remain a Ditto still genetically, but they reject the notion that A mew turned into a Pokemon and turned into man.
    5. Creationist classify animals into 'kinds', under the criteria that different 'kinds' can breed to produce another 'kind'. They may be diverse in looks and environments they occupy, but still, they are all determined genetically by that kind. They never go from being a fish 'kind' to a 'reptile' kind to survive. This is also the reason why viruses can survive, because they get the DNA of the kind in order to survive, but at a cost of losing some kind of biological action unique to that virus kind (I truly hope this theory will be advance... this could get us a different procedure in pharmacology). The closest relation in the Pokemon universe is the egg groups, but this is somehow a very loose comparison.
    6. Mutations are believed to not advance a species, but degrade it. The conditions where viruses get immune are under the condition that the too much of the antibiotic are placed. In normal conditions, this may not happen at all, because the virus must be able to remove one critical biochemical pathway in order to survive (e.g. a certain bacteria must remove it's Na+ pump system to survive a certain vaccine, a deadly cost if it where to happen naturally)
    7. The ground of theology. You may turned to not believe God because you don't believe in Genesis, when in fact, Genesis is the cornerstone of the entire Gospel message. Creationists are dead serious in their work because they believe this is the way for people to know God. Jesus died for the sins of Adam's kin, but how would that happen if other people aside from Adam are present? Speaking of Death (the removal of the breathing life force, present in animals and man alone), this came as the punishment of sin. If death is already present beforehand, how anyone believe that Jesus died on the cross, if death is already a natural part of the order of things? And how could a God of Love call death and detruction as a process of creation 'good'? I believe in Creationism because this answers the whole Bible, and there are FACTS to support it (visit AnswersinGenesis.com for this). The whole Gospel is centered on Jesus, not man. In fact, we are all at God's mercy of punishment, yet He gave us a way to escape His wrath for our very own sins, but how could anyone believe in that if the whole of Genesis is not believed?
    P.S. Sorry mods for doing this, and to my fellow brothers who are offended by this. I can't help myself to explain this to people in the net.

jesusfreak94 and Steelrush like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.