1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

SPPF Christian Alliance

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Pikawho?, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steelrush

Steelrush Banned

It's part of the agenda to remove religion from humanity, and to progress the world-wide communist movement. The anti-religion people that aggressively push for this will do anything within their capabilities to get this done, and debating in places where they don't belong are included in this. The person you're arguing with is obviously trying to convert you to political atheism (no offense to whoever is reading this). Gaining the one-world communist dictatorship where the highest power is only the government means a lot to these people, because they somehow think it's a utopia.

Therefore, I wouldn't respond to this person for that reason.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. CanadianGuyEh

CanadianGuyEh Well-Known Member

For a second there, i thought i was reading that in a sarcastic tone, sadly i guess i was wrong.

It's a website, freedom of speech on the worldwideweb, it's always good to have someone from a different perspective come in and debate in an argument about, well, anything honestly.

Having a one-sided thread aimed towards one sort of people makes it stale in my opinion.

3. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

Don't worry about it, I do the same thing. I agree with almost all of your post, but there is one thing that I would like to make sure i understand you right. You mention that dating methods are usually inaccurate, and i'm inclined to agree. But, by that same token, there is credible evidence that the Earth was created in a time longer than 6 literal days. Coincidentally, next months issue of the AWAKE! magazine has a cover article on creation. (For those of you who are unfamiliar, the Watchtower and AWAKE! are the 2 monthly magazines published by Jehovah's Witnesses) the article goes on to mention that
    so when there is credible evidence that the Earth was not created in 6 literal "days", then we should simply assume that the term "day" was used figuratively. The Bible often mentions "In the day of your forefathers", "In the day of David his father" etc, etc, even though these are not meant to be taken literally. Now, the problem I see with most creationists, is that they stick firm to the belief that Earth was created in 6 literal "days", and because of the evidence to the contrary, it degrades their side of the argument.

4. CanadianGuyEh

CanadianGuyEh Well-Known Member

To be fair, i do come from a Roman Catholic household, both my parents are Catholic and are from Italy. My dad even spent a few years at a Covenant as a child back when he was a kid. Every Christmas eve we ate seafood & on every Good Friday too. Majority of my sister in law's family are church-goers.

Not allowing me to speak from my side of the perspective because i'm not personally gnostic is pretty intolerant. If it helps, i'd try to be a bit more respectful.

By the way, i found a link that will air the Bill Nye vs Ken Ham debate if anyone is interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

I'll take my leave.

5. TheFightingPikachu

TheFightingPikachu Smashing!

I'm going to be eating dinner instead of watching the debate between Ken Ham and Bille Nye, but I thought I'd give this thought to anyone who might watch it:

I'd suggest you pay attention to one thing primarily. Does Ken Ham argue that the evidence supports the Bible or that we should start with the Bible and interpret the evidence based on that?

6. Please do.

I'm sorry, but posts like yours are the exact reason why we placed a ban on non-members posting (except when asking to join). The same sort of condescending comments and ridicule of biblical beliefs that you brought to this thread is what caused the original mess that initiated the ban, especially after the drama and stress created by those comments caused at least one member of this club to leave for a while. If you want to debate something, go to the Debate Forum. SPPF has a separate subforum for arguments, but this club is the one place on the forum where we can discuss Christianity without being bothered by people who disagree with our beliefs. There is nothing wrong with having a thread for Christians to fellowship and talk without being pestered, and I kindly ask you to respect our rules and refrain from posting here again. If you have any further comments or questions, VM/PM me or one of the other co-leaders of this club. Thank you.

Cometstarlight likes this.
  7. Dread Advocate

Dread Advocate †Stay Metal†

I may or may not give my two cents on the Ham-Nye Genesis debate later. I haven't seen the whole thing, but a lot of my friends and a few of my favorite bands posted some things that pretty much told me it went the way I thought it'd go.

Anyways, I have some prayer requests:
    1) I am the de facto president of my school's gaming club. I kind of don't want to be because I'm not one to take leadership positions, but the only other person willing to take it up I, and the rest of the club, would rather not see in this position, due to some propositions on the direction the club would be heading that are unrelated to what the club is about if this person was president. We're having our first meeting tomorrow afternoon (delayed due to the snowy disaster last week in Georgia) and we'll be planning events for the semester. We're probably going to try and get this leadership conundrum out of the way as fast as possible. So if I retain my position (and it's looking like I will), I'll be needing prayer that the stress doesn't get to me, and so that the club doesn't get in the way of my grades or my walk with God.

2) My grandmother in Florida is not doing well at all. Just before Christmas, she fell. In response, my mom went down to help her brothers take care of her after Christmas. She fell again. Twice. And was unresponsive both times. So they took her to the hospital and then a rehabilitation center, where they determined she was having mini-strokes. The doctors predicted that a few weeks of rehab and she'd be well enough to live semi-autonomously in the facility. Last week, as my relatives were getting ready to help her move to a small apartment where she would be living, she was found wandering the facility, entering other residents' rooms and going through their things, and then somehow managed to get into someone's car and said she was going to visit my uncle, who lives very close to the rehab center. Understand that she hasn't driven in over a decade, and due to various conditions that have caused her to shrink two feet in the past twenty years, hasn't been able to see over the steering wheel since she stopped driving. Monday morning, my mom got an email from my aunt, saying that my grandmother was once again found wandering the halls of the center, but this time with her pants around her ankles, and once again was unresponsive. Last night, my mother called her, and she said she didn't remember my mother calling her Monday night. Due to her rapidly deteriorating mental and physical abilities, my family has made the difficult decision that she will have to be moved to the nursing home part of the facility. We need lots of prayer as we go through this very difficult time, especially my mother and her brothers.

8. skybattler262

skybattler262 Well-Known Member

1. I may help you for that. My leader borrowed to me a book entitled Do Hard Things. There's a reason why God placed you there. If you want, there is a link for a site they made.
    http://therebelution.com/
    For Americans, you might recall them...
    2. I'll be praying for your grandmother. Although your culture dictates that to happen (in the PH, it is somehow still unacceptable that old people be in rehab centers and home for the aged...), there may be a reason why your grandmother is acting like that. I think that she misses her family. I don't know the situation, so these are all guesswork.But still, I'll be with you all the way.

9. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

I feel similar to you when it comes to leadership positions. I'll do it, but planning events and things like that stress me out. Needless to say, you'll be in my prayers for both this and your grandmother. My great grandmother had to be put into a rest home recently after she fell, so I know it's a horrible feeling. I hope it turns out well for you so, if you feel comfortable, be sure to keep up updated!

10. Roseheart95

Roseheart95 El Psy Congroo

Praying for both your situations, Dread

11. Jazzy-Strings

Jazzy-Strings Aggression

Hello, If it's OK, may I request a prayer?
    Could you please pray for my mother, she is a deacon/curate, but I found out recently that she was lying to me, about a big thing. My parents aren't legally split up yet, but she considers herself a 'Single Mum', but, to my knowledge, she is not single. She is going out with someone she met when she was in theological training, she doesn't know that I know this, and my father doesn't know about this either. I don't know to what extent this relationship is yet, but what I do know, is that what she is doing should not be something that someone in ministry should do.

Also, I am going through a period of spiritual dryness, and, no matter how hard I try to get myself back to where I was in my faith, I just can't get back up there. I was wondering if anyone had anything like tips to help...

And finally, I am praying for your situations, Dread.
    God bless you all †

12. ShinySandshrew

ShinySandshrew †God Follower†

I most certainly will pray regarding both of these situations. The first one is sure to lead some kinds of stress for you.

And as for suggestions, let me say that getting out of a dry period is not about trying hard to get back to where you were. Walking with God is not solely dependent on our actions. If it were, we'd always fail. Galatians 5:16 says, "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh." Walking in the Spirit means to be guided by the Holy Spirit. Listen for the Holy Spirit to guide you and then simply follow. This doesn't mean you will never have to expend any effort, it simply means that you don't have to rely on your power. For example, if the Spirit convicts you that you aren't spending enough time in God's word, look for things that you can cut out that are distracting you from spending time with God. I don't know what your exact situation is, so I can't give many specific suggestions.

13. Steelrush

Steelrush Banned

We're here for you, we always will be.

14. Roseheart95

Roseheart95 El Psy Congroo

Praying for you

15. Dread Advocate

News for my grandmother: She's gotten acclimated to her new environment, and I haven't heard about her having any episodes. Thank you all for your prayers.

Prayer request: A dear friend at school is feeling very unwelcomed and unloved, despite evidence to the contrary. She's threatening to leave our small circle of friends forever, and I'm extremely worried about her. Just the other day, we discussed the possibility of us pursuing a relationship, but I'm now afraid that may never happen because I said the wrong things as I tried to help. I basically feel responsible for the entire debacle. She's also very stressed out about multiple things in her life. So please keep her in your prayers as she goes through this rough patch in her life, and so that I may have the patience as I do my best to help her.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  16. skybattler262

Dread Advocate, sorry for asking for more information, but can you elaborate your problems with this girl?
    When does she start acting like that? Is it before you wanted to pursue a relationship or after?
    Either way, there has to be a catalyst for her to act like that. The only thing we can do is to pray for her, but there has to be more than meets the eye in here...

17. Dread Advocate

It's fine. She started acting like this last night. She's been feeling lonely lately, and so she asked our friends to come over today for a little nerd get together. When nobody responded in less than 30 minutes, she started freaking out. My attempts at reassuring her that she's loved only made it worse.

I'm talking to her right now. She's calmed down a lot. It's part of her personality type (INFJ, according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test) to be like this every now and then.

EDIT: Update on my friend: Unbeknownst to her, I contacted everyone in our little group of friends at school and asked them to show her that she's loved and appreciated. She tried to avoid them today, but when one of the guys came and loved on her, she decided to return to the group. She was overwhelmed with how much love was shown to her, and is feeling a lot better now. Thanks for the support and prayers, even if you didn't read my prayer request until after this whole debacle.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  18. skybattler262

Wow, what a development....
    Looks like the girl is confused on what love really is *sigh*. At least it is solved right now. Enjoy the friends you have, and may you lead some of them who doesn't know Christ to Him! I'm praying for that!

19. Dread Advocate

I think she does know what love is, in both the romantic and spiritual (because she is a Christian) senses. As we were talking last night and earlier this afternoon, she believes that her personality conflicts with people often. She seeks acceptance and love, and buckles under stress very easily, and it can irritate, or even alienate, some of my friends at times because that's not how they're used to things. It never stops them from loving and accepting her, though. Because of their irritation, she gets it in her head that they don't like her, and that's pretty much what caused the entire fiasco this past weekend. And I have to admit that the way she is tries my patience often, but I've learned a lot of patience from being her friend.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  20. skybattler262

It seems that I could understand your friend a whole lot better, because that really entails me a bit :)
    I'm pretty much used in the life of an outcast in highschool that when college comes, I'm a bit shocked. I'm surprised that nearly everyone suddenly notices me in both a positive and negative light (and got some crushes from some girls... who are pretty attractive to add on that) there, perhaps in both my openness of my life, intelligence, and the spiritual stretgh God gave me to wait for the right one He gave me (well, I never thought that those qualities are well liked). However, I do get flak on several of my character flows (forgetfulness, unorganized things, even overacting and sometimes unusual shouting and several unusual behaviors) but got reminded by my friends often.
    Anyways, by the Ultimate and Wonderful Grace of God, I manages to stay single in this period of my life (I would admit it now, I developed a liking to 3 girls, one who happens to be my closest friend thus far, but decideed to keep my focus on my academics and ask God for patience to respect this girls. Me and my friend manages to help each other, although I confronted one who acts a bit flirty to stop because it bothers me, and never tried to approach the other because of fears of falling into a sin thanks to temptation)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.