1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

SPPF Christian Alliance

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Pikawho?, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roseheart95

Roseheart95 El Psy Congroo

Praying for you, Dread.

I don't think that's ever established, really, and is left up to interpretation. It couldn't be that bad, though, if the Pokemon Centres can heal your Pokemon so quickly.

2. TheFightingPikachu

TheFightingPikachu Smashing!

I'm honestly not sure you need to lie. At all. In fact, I seriously argue against it, especially given the Scriptural admonitions to honesty.

Can you explain what sort of things seem to show lying as a necessity? I am having doubts that Chick-fil-A is an employer that would pressure its employees to lie about something.

3. Dread Advocate

Dread Advocate †Stay Metal†

It's not Chick-fil-A that's pressuring me to lie. It's the business world in general. For example, during an interview, you'll be asked, "What is your greatest weakness?" My honest answer would be my lack of experience, because I've never had a job. I can turn that into a positive by emphasizing my willingness to learn and acquire the skills and experience needed for the job and then some. And I wouldn't be lying by emphasizing that willingness. The lie would be "I wasn't always organized." However, it's not an entire lie. I am slightly disorganized, always have been. Am I more organized today than I was a decade ago? Absolutely. But I'm still disorganized. And I see the bending of that truth to still be a lie.

My girlfriend's helped me out a lot today by going through mock interviews with me, and she gave me a pep talk a few minutes ago. My confidence is higher than it was yesterday, and my stress levels are lower. But I'm still nervous.

EDIT: I just got back from the interview, and I did really well. I didn't have a nervous breakdown in the middle, and, compared to the rest of the applicants, I stand a good chance of getting the job. They'll call me on Friday and let me know.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  4. Roseheart95

^That's good to hear, Dead :) Praying you'll get the job...

5. Dread Advocate

Haven't heard from Chick-fil-A at all. I'm going to call them tomorrow after VBS.

However, my girlfriend got saved today! She's been coming with me to my church for a few weeks now and has been saying that she realizes she was a Christian, only one of the mouth. Last night while we were talking on Skype, she said that she seriously hopes that God calls on her soon. And that's exactly what happened today! She said at lunch that she feels a lot happier than she has in years. I'm so happy for her.

6. xSabre

xSabre Psychic Ninja

I know I'm not as active a member in this club as I used to be, but this just makes me really happy to hear. There was definitely some rejoicing going on in the heavenlies. And I'm sure you were an excellent role model in your faith to guide her. Congrats, man! God is good.

7. Roseheart95

Great to hear, Dread! :D
    Hopefully you'll have gotten that job, as well.

8. Dread Advocate

I called Chick-fil-A this afternoon, and they said that they've had to temporarily slow down on their hiring process. A call was supposed to have gone out to all of the recent applicants, but I didn't get it. The manager I spoke with said they'll resume hiring early next month, and will let me know some time next week.

9. Roseheart95

At least it's not a no. Continuing to pray for you.

10. ShinySandshrew

ShinySandshrew †God Follower†

Well folks, I know I have been away for a while, but I thought I'd say hey! In light of recent events, please keep the friends and relatives of Malaysian flight MH17 in your prayers. Also remember to pray for the friends and family of innocent people who have lost their lives during the conflict between Israel and Hamas. Furthermore, pray that God would use these events to bring people to salvation.

11. Roseheart95

^Praying, ShinySandshrew

12. Starlight Aurate

Starlight Aurate Just a fallen star

I have a prayer request: Please pray for all persecuted Christians in the Middle East right now. As you may know, Muslims have been attacking them, and those who do not convert are forced to either pay a fine or flee their homes. Please pray that this will end.

13. Roseheart95

^Praying for them as well

14. skybattler262

skybattler262 Well-Known Member

How about we pray that the Muslims persecuting them would know Christ? I think that's a better one.

15. Roseheart95

Praying for both would be best. I've just been praying that they have perseverance through trials, and that God will protect them. In the end, everything is in God's hands.

16. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Johto Boy

Can I be put on the member list? I have been recently trying to become more religious lately. I was raised Catholic but I haven't been practicing as frequently I figured this forum could help me exercise my relationship with God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.