• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SPPf Official Phobia Thread

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Thought it would be cool to make a general fear thread, with everyone being scared of something.

Im not scared of much, mainly I have fear of someone getting over something I caused or could've prevented.

Bonus points to whoever can find a list of fears.

Bonus points to Kutie Pie.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
http://phobialist.com/ Give me my bonus brownies.

Anyway, I believe I just got back my fear of the dark (or of just seeing creepy images, thanks to creepypasta), but I have more of a paranoia than fear of thunderstorms. Especially if I'm upstairs in my room, and a thunderstorm is close by. I hate it... creeps me out.

Though I could have sworn the closet was cracked open a little in my room last night... and that the door was opening...

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
"Apeirophobia- Fear of infinity."

I'm quite shocked that that has a name.

But yeah, that's sitting on the top of my pedestal of fears.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I'm very afraid of losing someone really close to me, and of extremely high heights (acrophobia).

EDIT:

Agateophobia- Fear of insanity.
Agliophobia- Fear of pain.
Anthropophobia- Fear of people or society. (to a lesser extent than what it sounds like)

I'm a very paranoid guy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Seem

Hollen i ven.
I have a fear of buzzing noises, falling and spiders!

Grey Wind

I have hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - fear of the number 666. And I also have aranjiaphobia - of oranges (these are real).

Joking aside, I never liked bug things too much.
Garbophobia - fear of Garbodor.

Climacophobia- Fear of stairs, climbing, or of falling downstairs.
I get a horrible sense of vertigo, especially when walking down a set of stairs, or walking up/down stairs backwards and carrying something. x: I practically hug the railing, and I go a little slowly, but that's about it. However, if I'm climbing stairs upwards, I have no trouble. Its...just the down part that gets me.

I've also got a nasty case of Doxophobia (Fear of expressing opinions or of receiving praise). Just the idea of receiving compliments is gut-wrenching. I don't feel like I deserve it. Kind of ironic, considering I'm an art major and we practically eat, live, and breathe off critiques.

I'm totally serious, by the way. Other than that, there's not much that scares me.

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Acrophobia/Vertigo just gets to me. If there's no real sturdy body that could prevent me from falling form a large height, I freak my ****. But that's fairly normal.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'm afraid of growing old and working for 40 years+ behind a desk while constantly looking for love but never finding it. Does anyone know the name of this?

"Anuptaphobia- Fear of staying single."

I also have a fear of wasps, ever since an incident when I was five when a group of wasps just decided to make home on my window pane and garage. So I'm Spheksophobic, I suppose.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Jellyfish (medusophobia or something like that)
Moths (mottephobia)
Dogs (cynophobia)
Slimy things (blennophobia)
Mould and fungus (mycophobia)
Being ignored or forgotten (athazagoraphobia)
Mild agoraphobia (but slowly worsening, I fear)
Some kind of social phobia
Claustrophobia
Aliens (shut up. I'm afraid of the concept of aliens visiting Earth. I can't help it. It sends me all paranoid and I can't sleep if I think about it too much)

And they're definitely phobias, not just fears. I don't have anxiety issues at all -_-

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I have hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - fear of the number 666. And I also have aranjiaphobia - of oranges (these are real).

Joking aside, I never liked bug things too much.
Garbophobia - fear of Garbodor.
You'd be scared of me then my birth date is 03/06/66

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Mainly agliophobia- Fear of pain
But I also haaaate bugs and especially spiders