• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SPPF Poster of the Month Awards #5

http://i41.*******.com/nzlvno.png

Welcome, one and all, to Round Five of the Poster of the Month Awards! "Who is the Poster of the Month?" you may ask yourself. Well it could be you! That's right, anyone in the entirety of the SPPF competitive community can win this award. The prize? Well…unlike Smogon, we don’t really have a special award for you. However, you will win the respect and admiration of your fellow SPPF members. Not only is this award an attempt to boost self-esteem, but hopefully this will be a good incentive to improve post quality in the competitive section.

So here’s how the award process will work. Each month, members will cast their vote for the poster they feel most deserving of this award. The nominations for this award should be based upon competitive knowledge, post quality, overall helpfulness, and forum activity. Once the month is over, the votes will be tallied and the winner will be announced and added to the Hall of Fame. You can then give your words of congratulations to the winner if you’d like.
This is mainly just for fun, but there are a couple of ground rules I’d like to lay down:

• All SPPF Rules still apply here. Pretty much don’t spam, don’t flame people, just play nicely and don’t be a jerk.
  • Only one vote per person. Pretty much self-explanatory. This might change depending on how things go.
  • No consecutive awards. The main restriction for voting is that you can't vote for someone who has already received the award. This will keep the same people from winning awards over and over again. This may change in the future, though.
  • Don’t vote for yourself. Just don’t do it. If you do vote for yourself, it will not be counted.
  • Make sure to vote for someone who actually deserves the award. Remember that this award is based upon competitive knowledge, post quality, helpfulness, and activity. Make sure that the person you are voting for is award-worthy. Activity is the one qualification that I can let slide in some situations, since you might want to nominate an older member who used to be a good competitive member but doesn’t post much anymore. Just keep in mind that you’re voting for a person to represent quality competitive community members.
  • No joke votes. Unfortunately, I’m not a mind reader, so I can’t tell if you’re vote is a joke or not. That said, all joke votes will still be counted, but just keep in mind that you might be taking away votes from someone who actually deserves it.
  • Please explain your vote. Not mandatory, but very helpful. This doesn’t have to be especially elaborate, just give a little reasoning behind your vote. If you just post the person’s username, it’ll make me wonder why that person deserves the award. A simple one line explanation will do, but give me something.
  • Don’t advertise yourself. Just like voting for yourself, this just makes you look cocky.
  • Keep discussion on a positive note. You can discuss yours and other people’s votes all you want, but try to keep it positive. Just try to avoid saying stuff like, “Why did you vote for him/her? That’s a terrible user.”
  • Put all nominations in bold. This makes it a lot easier to count votes. If I come across a nomination that isn’t bolded, I’ll still count it. Just keep in mind that if it is not bolded, I might skip over it by accident.

I’ll add in any additional rules as needed.
Voting will end on July 31 at 11:59 (GMT -4). Any votes submitted after that will not be counted.

Votes as of post #36:
eliteknight-9
Gamefreak-3
Ilan-2
JX Valentine-1
overlordmewtwo-1
Pokemon Trainer R-12

151_x.jpg
Hall of Fame
151_x.jpg

Congratulations to all the members who have earned the SPPF Poster of the Week Award!
;257;jesusfreak94-March 10;257;
;073;Blue Harvest-March 17;073;
;359;Zachmac-April 31;359;
;340;Barbeller-July 1;340;

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
JX Valentine
Don't know that much about her, but a kind word goes a long way don't you think? : D

shadow130690

TSS Member
let go eliteknight

shadow130690

TSS Member
let go eliteknight he a good allied

I vote Pokemon Trainer R.

No seriously. When he first came to Serebii he was a terrible member. Awful. He acted like he was a god, constantly insulting other members. It was so bad he actually earned a ban, almost managed two. There was talk that he was just a troll and was at the brink of a permaban. But then he seemed to calm the hell down. He no longer insults others and he has actually become a reasonably respected member of the community. All of his posts are high quality. He knows a lot about his primary metagames, DW Ubers (might just be regular Ubers now). He also keeps the PO replay thread alive almost single handedly. He probably had one of the biggest posting improvements I've ever seen here. That alone is worth rewarding.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
I vote Eliteknight. His knowledge of competitive battling is extensive, and he always has something positive to say.

Takeo

Pokemon Trainer R.

He may have a Superiority Complex, which I hate because I'm such a lax person. He is rather knowledgeable in the tier his in. He gives useful advice.

ThatsJustPeachy

Superiority Complex
Pokemon Trainer R because serebii sucks and he did a good job at making everyone feel bad

I'm going to just go ahead and vote for Gamefreak. He's easily one of the best players on this site at competitive battling, and he has great teams that are fun to steal. He's also an active moderator who helps out around the forums quite a bit, and he's usually really easy-going and respectful in conversations with other members.

Also, I've been hearing some rumor about soliciting votes. Right now they're just rumors, but if I get any concrete evidence of anyone soliciting votes from other members, they will be disqualified. This isn't a class president election, it's based on competitive knowledge and helpfulness. If you need to ask people to vote for you, then you probably don't deserve the award in the first place.

Chuck$$$

Inactive
voting Pokemon Trainer R
generally for the same reasons BH mentioned, good knowledge in ubers, keep the replay thread alive etc.

I've been talking with a couple people, and I think I've been convinced to change my vote to Pokemon Trainer R (sorry Game, but everyone knows you're awesome already :)). He had his reputation in the past, but as BH mentioned, he has improved a lot. He does seem to know a good deal about Ubers and DW Ubers, and he does have the accomplishment of some great ladder rankings. What's even more impressive is the amount of thought he puts into his posts. His posts in competitive discussions are usually very long and full of detail. Heck, half the reason for this award is to encourage higher post quaility, and he definitely has good posts. There may be a couple of more polished users out there, but he has shown a lot of improvement and effort lately. Plus I feel really bad about all that "joke vote" drama a couple of months ago, so I think it's time he earned some real votes.