• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SPPF Poster of the Week Awards #2

http://i41.*******.com/nzlvno.png​
Welcome, one and all, to Round Two of the Poster of the Week Awards! "Who is the Poster of the Week?" you may ask yourself. Well it could be you! That's right, anyone in the entirety of the SPPF competitive community can win this award. The prize? Well…unlike Smogon, we don’t really have a special award for you. However, you will win the respect and admiration of your fellow SPPF members. Not only is this award an attempt to boost self-esteem, but hopefully this will be a good incentive to improve post quality in the competitive section.
So here’s how the award process will work. Despite the deceiving title, the award process will actually be conducted over two weeks instead of one. For the first week, starting now, everyone will be free to vote for whoever they want to receive the award. The nominations for this award should be based upon competitive knowledge, post quality, overall helpfulness, and forum activity. Once the week is over, the votes will be tallied and the winner will be announced and added to the Hall of Fame. You can then give your words of congratulations to the winner if you’d like. For the most part, however, the second week will be a down week so that voters will have time to watch for good quality posters to vote for, as well as attempt to leave their own impression with their own quality posts to improve their chances of nomination. In addition, this will half the number of voting rounds, meaning that we will not give out a ridiculous number of awards in a small period of time (and Poster of the Month is just not frequent enough).
This is mainly just for fun, but there are a couple of ground rules I’d like to lay down:

• All SPPF Rules still apply here. Pretty much don’t spam, don’t flame people, just play nicely and don’t be a jerk.
  • Only one vote per person. Pretty much self-explanatory. This might change depending on how things go.
  • No consecutive awards. The main restriction for voting is that you can't vote for someone who has already received the award. This will keep the same people from winning awards over and over again. This may change in the future, though.
  • Don’t vote for yourself. Just don’t do it. If you do vote for yourself, it will not be counted.
  • Make sure to vote for someone who actually deserves the award. Remember that this award is based upon competitive knowledge, post quality, helpfulness, and activity. Make sure that the person you are voting for is award-worthy. Activity is the one qualification that I can let slide in some situations, since you might want to nominate an older member who used to be a good competitive member but doesn’t post much anymore. Just keep in mind that you’re voting for a person to represent quality competitive community members.
  • No joke votes. Unfortunately, I’m not a mind reader, so I can’t tell if you’re vote is a joke or not. That said, all joke votes will still be counted, but just keep in mind that you might be taking away votes from someone who actually deserves it.
  • Please explain your vote. Not mandatory, but very helpful. This doesn’t have to be especially elaborate, just give a little reasoning behind your vote. If you just post the person’s username, it’ll make me wonder why that person deserves the award. A simple one line explanation will do, but give me something.
  • Don’t advertise yourself. Just like voting for yourself, this just makes you look cocky.
  • Keep discussion on a positive note. You can discuss yours and other people’s votes all you want, but try to keep it positive. Just try to avoid saying stuff like, “Why did you vote for him/her? That’s a terrible user.”
  • Put all nominations in bold. This makes it a lot easier to count votes. If I come across a nomination that isn’t bolded, I’ll still count it. Just keep in mind that if it is not bolded, I might skip over it by accident.

I’ll add in any additional rules as needed.

Voting will end on Saturday March 24 at 11:59 (GMT -4). Any votes submitted after that will not be counted.

Votes as of post #13:
Blue Harvest-6
Gamefreak-1
Zachmac-1
100px-Celebi_Trophy.jpg
Hall of Fame
151_x.jpg

Congratulations to all the members who have earned the SPPF Poster of the Week Award!
;257;jesusfreak94-March 10;257;
;073;Blue Harvest-March 14;073;

OK I'll vote for Gamefreak this time. I'm pretty sure I've never seen him spam. He's also helpful and potentially the best player on this site at 4th gen.

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
Blue Harvest because she forced me to has posts that can be both hysterical, and helpful!

Zachmac

Blue Harvest getting rid of that ugly avatar so quickly for being the most active mod in the section, she knows what she's talking about, and because I already voted for Jesusfreak last weak.

SasoriSand

Master of Sand
Blue Harvest as she is probably the most active mod of them all.

And she knows so much about the Competitive Section

I'll cast my vote for Blue Harvest again, same reasons as last week. Helpful mod, good sense of humor, and she has a knack for coming up with weird sets that actually work.

Also, I'm amping up the consecutive votes rule. Unless we start running out of people to give awards to, the rule will be that you can't vote from someone who has already received the award, regardless of when they won it. That way the same small group of people won't win the awards over and over again.

windsong

WEST SIDE
voting for zachmac due to his claims that battles are not decided by team matchup in gen 5 and his clear creation of rain dnite

Gray™

voting for bh because she liked my battlefor all the same reasons jesus said helpful mod,funny and I feel bad for her to lose to a brave bird pidgey while having a pidgeot

Zachmac

and his clear creation of rain dnite
Wait, when did I claim that?

I remember saying that it was a pretty obvious idea....
voting for zachmac due to his claims that battles are not decided by team matchup in gen 5
I've won quite a few battles despite bad team match up....well, it's just that I didn't realize it had much to do with team matchup at first.

Anyway, the main point I was making in that thread was that overall, battles are based on skill. That's why not just any player will reach 1300+ on the Smogon ladder.

Gray™

Anyway, the main point I was making in that thread was that overall, battles are based on skill. That's why not just any player will reach 1300+ on the Smogon ladder.

LOL If battles were based on skill I would reach 1500 on smogon.
Battles are based on luck get your facts straight.

Zachmac

LOL If battles were based on skill I would reach 1500 on smogon.
Battles are based on luck get your facts straight.
Okay, luck is incredibly important and all, but in the long run, I still believe it's skill. You'll find good players on much higher parts of the ladder then bad ones.

Ug, whatever, this isn't the right thread for it anyway. I've also learned at this point I just embarrass myself for arguing with epic eevee....

Edit:....And one more thing. I give up on the team matchup argument. However, in the end, I think you just have to prepare for the top threats, and it won't be as big of a deal. My lost heroes team struggles quite a bit with Nidoking, but in the long run, that weakness hardly even matters, just because it's used so rarely.

Poster of the Week #2
Congratulations Blue Harvest!

The votes are in and the winner of the Poster of the Week award is...*drumroll*...Blue Harvest! Please feel free to leave a word of congratulations to the winner if you'd like.

Ok, so this wraps up week two. Hopefully we can get a few more votes in next week. At any rate, this upcoming week will be a time where you can make your own quality posts to leave a good impression and look for other posters to vote for. Who knows? You might be Serebii's next Poster of the Week!

Eaglehawk

Banned
aww i didn't even vote.