• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SPPF Reading Club

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves

Bookshelf%20on%203-31-2007.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to Serebii's own Reading Club! Here we will talk about any reading material that comes to mind, ranging from fanfictions to books to magazines to poems to play scripts. Talk about your favorite or least favorite characters, major or minor. Talk about your favorite or least favorite authors. Talk about the themes of a book. If it has to do with literature, sign up. :)

Rules
1. All SPPF Rules Apply
2. No bashing books or members of the club.
3. If you, or someone else, are posting a religious book do not go off into a rant about religion. Same goes for politics, science, and other "sensitive" subjects.
4. If you really enjoyed a book offer a review, but not a summary, of the book.
5. If you don't enjoy a particular genre or style of writing don't insult the member or author of that particular work.
6. If posting a magazine, it must be academic in nature.
7. Don't post with one liners.
8: Rants are subject to an immediate three strikes.
9. If you wish to join the club, fill out either sign-up form below.
10. Have fun! :)

Sign-Up Forms

HTML:
 "You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."~ [I]C. S. Lewis[/I]
[B]Username[/B]:
[B]Favorite Piece(s) of Literature[/B]:
[B]Favorite Author(s)[/B]:

Members
Qymaen
ShinyRaikou
Magical Pokemon
Whimsicott
cooloolcool
Darth_Feraligatr
arceus03
handymankg2
Adalricus
Titan500
Nightfall715
FireTypeLover
Dangertrout
AwesomeReshiram93
MooseSmuggler
Accelgor X

Reviews
None as of yet.

Strike Rules
  • One Strike: Warning
  • Two Strikes: Day Ban
  • Three Strikes: Week Ban
  • Four Strikes: Month Ban
  • Five Strikes: Permanent Ban

Book Burners
None yet. Qymaen approves of this.

SUPPORT THE READING CLUB- Use this to support the club.

Last edited:

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."~ C. S. Lewis
Username: ShinyRaikou
Favorite Book(s): The Hunger Games, The Secret Series, The Heroes of Olympus
Favorite Author(s): Pseudonymous Bosch, Rick Riordan, Suzanne Collins

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Accepted! So why do you like the Hunger Games? I heard it's a good series.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Can I join?

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."~ C. S. Lewis

Username: Magical Pokemon
Favorite Book(s): The Harry Potter series, Cirque Du Freak Series, Vampire Kisses series, and more...
Favorite Author(s): J.K. Rowling, Darren Shan, Ellen Schreiber, and more...

Favorite Manga/Anime: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni series (When the Cicadas Cry), Sailor Moon, Full Moon wo Sagashite (Searching for the Full Moon), Kodocha (Kodomo no Omocha - Child's Toy), Jigoku Sensei Nube (Heck* Teacher Nube), Marmalade Boy, and more...

Favorite Manga Authors: Ryukishi07 (writer of the manga), Naoko Takeuchi, Arina Tanemura, Miho Obana, Makura Shou, Wataru Yoshizumi, and more...

What am I reading now: The Borrowers (Book 1), and many manga series

I absolutely love reading! It's so much fun!

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
I, too, love reading. You are accepted. :)

Brohoof! /)(\

Whimsicotton

Username: Whimsicotton

Favorite Book(s): Warriors Series, Hunger Games, The Hobbit, Watership Down, Pride and Prejudice, Brave New World, Animal Farm, 1984, etc etc etc etc etc

Favorite Author(s): Erin Hunter, J.K. Rowling, George Orwell, etc etc etc etc etc

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Username: cooloolcool
Favorite Book(s): So many! Do I need to list them all? (FableHaven, Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus, Inheritence Cycle, Maze Runner Trilogy, Hunger Games and many more books)
Favorite Author(s): the authors of my favorite books.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves

Username: Whimsicotton

Favorite Book(s): Warriors Series, Hunger Games, The Hobbit, Watership Down, Pride and Prejudice, Brave New World, Animal Farm, 1984, etc etc etc etc etc

Favorite Author(s): Erin Hunter, J.K. Rowling, George Orwell, etc etc etc etc etc
Happily accepted. I read Animal Farm back in eigth grade. What did you think of it?

Username: cooloolcool
Favorite Book(s): So many! Do I need to list them all? (FableHaven, Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus, Inheritence Cycle, Maze Runner Trilogy, Hunger Games and many more books)
Favorite Author(s): the authors of my favorite books.
Accepted. :)

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
yay I'm in! Would you like me to make Club userbars?

And has anyone read the Inheritence cycle? I did and found them to be superb books?

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
yay I'm in! Would you like me to make Club userbars?

And has anyone read the Inheritence cycle? I did and found them to be superb books?

If you wish to, go ahead. :)

I don't believe I have. What's it about?

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
It's about a Boy named Eragon who lives on a farm with his Uncle and Cousin. Then one day he finds a blue stone. After awhile of hiding the stone it hatchs, (Turns out the stone was an egg), into a dragon! Then with someone from the village Eragon and his dragon, named Saphira, head out on an adventure.

I don't want to say anything else for fear of wrecking the plot for people that want ot read it.

The series is 4 big, interesting books.

On a side note, I have a Salamence named Saphira!

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
I've heard of Eragon. Plenty of my friends have read it over the years. Dunno if I'll actually read it, though. I'm not that into fantasy stories, barring the books of Dr. Seuss.

If it means anything I saw the movie.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Username: Darth_Feraligatr
Favorite Book(s): The Circle, The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians/The Heroes of Olympus, etc.
Favorite Author(s): Ted Dekker, J.R.R. Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, C.S. Lewis, etc.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Username: Darth_Feraligatr
Favorite Book(s): The Circle, The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians/The Heroes of Olympus, etc.
Favorite Author(s): Ted Dekker, J.R.R. Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, C.S. Lewis, etc.

Accepted. :) I must say, this is a helluva a lot more successful than my Criminal Minds Club. haha

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†

Read them all. They were okay. Too similar to Star Wars plot-wise and Lord of the Rings character and location name-wise. After I read Inheritance, I felt empty. I read those books over the past ten years and I got that? It drug on too much after the battle, and the final few pages were disappointing.

I've heard of Eragon. Plenty of my friends have read it over the years. Dunno if I'll actually read it, though. I'm not that into fantasy stories, barring the books of Dr. Seuss.

If it means anything I saw the movie.

You should ignore my above rant. The series actually is better than I make it out to be, it's probably just because I'm rather depressed right now, and so everything I say will be rather negative. But the movie, and this is complete honesty, was absolute garbage. The only films worse than it are The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and The Last Airbender.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Read them all. They were okay. Too similar to Star Wars plot-wise and Lord of the Rings character and location name-wise. After I read Inheritance, I felt empty. I read those books over the past ten years and I got that? It drug on too much after the battle, and the final few pages were disappointing.

You should ignore my above rant. The series actually is better than I make it out to be, it's probably just because I'm rather depressed right now, and so everything I say will be rather negative. But the movie, and this is complete honesty, was absolute garbage. The only films worse than it are The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and The Last Airbender.

No problem, although I doubt I'll read it. I'm more into alternate history and historical fiction books, myself. I like an established universe to work off of. :) Those and Star Wars. :D

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
No problem, although I doubt I'll read it. I'm more into alternate history and historical fiction books, myself. I like an established universe to work off of. :) Those and Star Wars. :D

Then I know the perfect series for you. I just forget what it's called...

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I read Animal Farm in 9th grade and loved it. I've also read a part of the Warriors series and loved it. I'm on the 5th book series 1 in The Warriors series. Does anyone here read Japanese books? Of course, I mean translated from Japanese in English or your native language. I've read 2. I've read Chain Mail: Addicted to You by: Hiroshi Ishizaki , and Witches' Forest: The Adventures of Duan Surk (book 1) by: Mishio Fukazawa. I really want to read The Ring (Ringu) by Kouji Suzuki.

In my English IV class we may start reading either Frakenstein by Mary Shelley or The Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.

Edit:

To Qymaen: Brohoof! (I'm a girl/young lady and I prefer the term pegasister. Brohooves are fun to do in real life!)

Last edited:

arceus03

Username: arceus03 (You can call me Arc)
Favorite Book(s): Percy Jackson series, Cirque du Freak series, The Chronicles of Narnia, and Harry Potter.
Favorite Author(s): Rick Riordan, Darren Shan. On a slightly older note, Enid Blyton. She pretty much filled my childhood :3

I really loved the CdF series. The whole story was just.... amazing, and everything fell into place neatly. Narnia not as much though

I bought Cloud Atlas and Lord of The Flies a few months back, but I still haven't got the motivation to finish them. XD
Also patiently waiting for the next installment of Heroes of Olympus. October. Y U no come sooner? >.>

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Username: arceus03 (You can call me Arc)
Favorite Book(s): Percy Jackson series, Cirque du Freak series, The Chronicles of Narnia, and Harry Potter.
Favorite Author(s): Rick Riordan, Darren Shan. On a slightly older note, Enid Blyton. She pretty much filled my childhood :3

I really loved the CdF series. The whole story was just.... amazing, and everything fell into place neatly. Narnia not as much though

I bought Cloud Atlas and Lord of The Flies a few months back, but I still haven't got the motivation to finish them. XD
Also patiently waiting for the next installment of Heroes of Olympus. October. Y U no come sooner? >.>
Haha. Accepted. ^_^

I read Animal Farm in 9th grade and loved it. I've also read a part of the Warriors series and loved it. I'm on the 5th book series 1 in The Warriors series. Does anyone here read Japanese books? Of course, I mean translated from Japanese in English or your native language. I've read 2. I've read Chain Mail: Addicted to You by: Hiroshi Ishizaki , and Witches' Forest: The Adventures of Duan Surk (book 1) by: Mishio Fukazawa. I really want to read The Ring (Ringu) by Kouji Suzuki.

In my English IV class we may start reading either Frakenstein by Mary Shelley or The Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.

Edit:

To Qymaen: Brohoof! (I'm a girl/young lady and I prefer the term pegasister. Brohooves are fun to do in real life!)
I read Tale of Two Cities when I was younger, albeit a simpler version (Great Illustrated Classics), and I loved it.