• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SPPF Reading Club

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I have read:
Kingdom Hearts manga volume 1 (I was curious about the series) (I've played the GBA game, but I couldn't finish it. I plan to get the first game in the series. I love the concept of mixing anime and Disney together.)

I'm reading:
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (Yes, I'm still reading this for my English class)

I'm going to read:
Sailor Moon manga volume 2 (I still haven't read this, because I haven't had time since I'm about to graduate high school.)
Many many other books and manga

Dangertrout

Have you ever gone back and read something you really liked ages ago? Except when you read it the second time, it's nothing like you remember? I've been re-reading some Dragonlance books (which I liked in high school) and it occurs to me that I have horrible memory retention. Specifically, Legends Vol 1: Time of the Twins is nothing like I remember. I have a feeling I skimmed 75% of that book the first time 'round >.< I'm gonna read a couple more trilogies from this series, but I'm thinking it may be time to retire / donate the collection.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Have you ever gone back and read something you really liked ages ago? Except when you read it the second time, it's nothing like you remember? I've been re-reading some Dragonlance books (which I liked in high school) and it occurs to me that I have horrible memory retention. Specifically, Legends Vol 1: Time of the Twins is nothing like I remember. I have a feeling I skimmed 75% of that book the first time 'round >.< I'm gonna read a couple more trilogies from this series, but I'm thinking it may be time to retire / donate the collection.

It's possible you only remembered the good parts and forgot the rest of the book. As for myself...I can't reread books. It seems pointless if I already know the plot and ending.

Dangertrout

heh, except I think I managed to forget the entire book. All my memories seem to be in book 3 of the series. I shouldn't be surprised. I've read tons of books since then >.<

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Ooooh, I'm in!

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."~ C. S. Lewis
Username: MooseSmuggler
Favorite Piece(s) of Literature: None, really. I'm not the "pick favorites" type. I like almost everything I read. I stick mostly to fantasy though.
Favorite Author(s): Same as above. I intend to become an author, though :B

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Ooooh, I'm in!

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."~ C. S. Lewis
Username: MooseSmuggler
Favorite Piece(s) of Literature: None, really. I'm not the "pick favorites" type. I like almost everything I read. I stick mostly to fantasy though.
Favorite Author(s): Same as above. I intend to become an author, though :B
Accepted.

An author? Do you have ideas in the works yet?

Username: Accelgor X
Favorite Piece(s) of Literature: Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, Inheritance Cycle
Favorite Author(s): Seth-Graham Smith, Christopher Paolini

Hello, while poking around the clubs section I found this, I'm no the sort of person to always have a book on the go and I tend to take books slowly and procrastinate a lot, but I do like to read occasionally. I've just Started on 'The Innocent Mage' by Karen Miller. Pretty good so far, but I'm not far enough into it to have formed a proper opinion.

Since there aren't any reviews just now I might cook up an Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter review at some point, but I'm writing up an RP character sign up just now so if I do it'll be later.
Accepted.
I've heard of that Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, what is it about?

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Accepted.

An author? Do you have ideas in the works yet?

Nothing concrete. I'm probably gonna do fantasy novels, both standard and modern. I'm even taking up archery to learn how to write archery scenes more realistically...and possibly some form of swordplay to do sword fights (chew)

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Nothing concrete. I'm probably gonna do fantasy novels, both standard and modern. I'm even taking up archery to learn how to write archery scenes more realistically...and possibly some form of swordplay to do sword fights (chew)

Sounds cool. Is it more of a novel or a novella? Either way I'd love to read it. Best of luck. :)

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Sounds cool. Is it more of a novel or a novella? Either way I'd love to read it. Best of luck. :)

Sorry for the *checks*...whoa, nearly month-long delay, but to answer your question, I've gotten a few concrete ideas to work with:

I'm most likely going to do a novel series that takes place in the steam-punk era, probably 3-5 books, and between them, release a mini-novel that takes place in a more standard fantasy environment that would be Kindle-exclusive (apparently with the increase in e-book usage, authors in other genres are expected to do that kind of stuff, and while fantasy authors don't seem to have that kind of pressure, I wouldn't mind doing it anyway). I have some plot ideas in the works for the steam-punk series, but I'm a little cautious explaining. I doubt anyone, especially here, would steal my ideas, but I'm a little paranoid (doesn't help that my brother once had an idea for a film stolen by his own best friend). Just know that I AM working on it, and I'll provide ways to keep track of my progress in my sig.

Anyway, I suppose I should stop talking about my writing and talk about actually reading, eh? Hrm...I guess the only thing I can really say is that, lately, I haven't read too much, sadly. I did finish Eragon (the first book of the Inheritance Cycle), and started on Eldest (the second book). I should aim to have Eldest read by the end of the summer, but I also want to have the shell for my conlang (to be used in my novel) done as well. I really need to stop being so easily distracted xD