• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SPPf's 6th Annual Pokemon Exam: Round 4!

The final round just began!

I have decided not to have a Final 3 round. So, this examination should primarily decide who wins this entire competition! It's been a relatively long journey and now we're down to only five users.

Black Marauder said:
Hello Top 5!

The final exam is ready to be taken: http://www.classmarker.com/u/

The exam is titled: Round 4 Final Exam. You should find it under the group "Round 4 - Final Round". If you have trouble finding the test (which you shouldn't, but still) just contact me immediately.

You will have until Tuesday 28th June to complete the test. You do not have to rush! If this dealdine is not good for you, please reply to this PM immediately and let me know some good times for you.

ALSO, please set aside some time for this exam. The exam won't take you an hour, but you should definitely take the test during a FREE HOUR in your day (away from distractions in the form of your mom, siblings, pets etc.). You should even ask that you not be disturbed. I hope your internet connections don't fail you as well. You have all dedicated time and lots of effort to this so I want to get the best out of all of you!

Go to that website and log in with your previous log in details. If you run into ANY problem, contact me by PM immediately.

Good luck! Remember the techniques and skills you have learnt from the past rounds and apply them here! Really, anyone of you can win this.

Once again, thank you VERY MUCH for participating.

===============

For more information go here:
SPPf's Annual Pokemon Exam is back!
SPPf's 6th Annual Pokemon Exam - Round 1 is here!!!
SPPf's 6th Annual Pokemon Exam - Round 2!
SPPf's 6th Annual Pokemon Exam: Round 3

SPPf's 6th Annual Pokemon Exam
Round 4

We started off with a massive 72 users! These 72 users were then narrowed down to 32, then to 15 and then to 10. The following 10 users took part in Round 3's examination:

zhanton
I like Pokemon (...)
Ellie
Dramatic Melody
Toge Tamer
Lishus13
Niihyl
@lex
menonabhi123
Prince Amrod

-Here are the ROUND 3 EXAM RESULTS: http://www.scribd.com/doc/58572093

-Here is a copy of the ROUND 3 EXAM: http://www.scribd.com/doc/58572087

The grading process:
-A preliminary marking of all exam answers was done
-Markscheme was adjusted based on preliminary marking
-Re-marking was carried out to get final scores
-Score from Round 2 carried a weighting of ~10% (4 pts) and Round 2's exam was worth 32 pts (~90%)
-A +2 bonus was given to the five users with the best times (I like Pokemon (...), Ellie, Dramatic Melody, Niihyl, Prince Amrod) and a +1 bonus was given to the five users with the highest cumulative scores (in this order: zhanton, Dramatic Melody, Niihyl, Ellie, Lishus13) so far in the exam
-The users with the best performances in the Round 3 exam generally made it to the Top 5

Congratulations to the final 5!
Ellie
Lishus13
@lex
Toge Tamer
Niihyl

Round 4's exam will begin soon. I'm still unsure about whether I will choose a Final 3 or not.

To the other 5 candidates, thank you very much for participating in this competition! You made it very far in the competition (Dramatic Melody, zhanton, Prince Amrod, I like Pokemon (...), menonabhi123)

Discuss the results and what you thought about the Round 3 exam :)

Last edited:
Congratulations to the final five. I'm glad to have made it this far, I honestly didn't think I would. Now I have to get further next year!

Good luck to the final five!

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
ah well, my previous performances let me down overall, it was a most interesting exam, shame i couldnt get any further.

congratulations to the 5 who did make it and i wish you all the very best in the next round

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
oh wow, i did better than i was expecting haha. good luck to the other 4 :)

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
Awesome, I'm happy.
Dang, on #12 I only evaluated the statement as a whole, not as two separate statements XD. Oh well, I'm not complaining, I'm happy to be in the Final Five.

Congratulations to Ellie, @lex, Toge Tamer, and Niihyl!

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Ellie gonna win.

Too bad I got out in Preliminaries. Kudos and good luck to all of the semi-finalists/finalists.

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.
As i was expecting, i didn't make through, but hey, it was fun till it lasted :)
anyway, congrats to the top 5!! All 5 have what it takes to win this competition..

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
And zhanton bites the dust. Well, I'm surprised I made it this far to be honest ^^ I only wanted to make it past the prelims so yay :D

Good job to everyone else, best of luck in the final rounds! :]

@lex

Myth Collector
Oh my ^^

I disagree with question 15a, though... In that you asked for an explanation of the trainer's presence, not appearance :| But hey, I'm not gonna complain now~ Probably didn't give a satisfying answer anyway... :p

As for a final 3... Personally, I'd say no. It feels sort of superfluos to have a test that eliminates only two participants (besides, I don't want to risk becoming one of those two!). Make a huge final test instead ^_^

Go, me! And go, everyone else!

Last edited:
Oh my ^^

I disagree with question 15a, though... In that you asked for an explanation of the trainer's presence, not appearance :| But hey, I'm not gonna complain now~ Probably didn't give a satisfying answer anyway... :p

As for a final 3... Personally, I'd say no. It feels sort of superfluos to have a test that eliminates only two participants (besides, I don't want to risk becoming one of those two!). Make a huge final test instead ^_^

Go, me! And go, everyone else!

Well, there is a reason why there was a Camper type of trainer present as opposed to, say, a picnicker. Anyway, you could have scored two points without mentioning the 3/8 thing.

And yes, I've realised final 3 is unnecessary. Thanks :)

The final round just began!

I have decided not to have a Final 3 round. So, this examination should primarily decide who wins this entire competition! It's been a relatively long journey and now we're down to only five users.

Black Marauder said:
Hello Top 5!

The final exam is ready to be taken: http://www.classmarker.com/u/

The exam is titled: Round 4 Final Exam. You should find it under the group "Round 4 - Final Round". If you have trouble finding the test (which you shouldn't, but still) just contact me immediately.

You will have until Tuesday 28th June to complete the test. You do not have to rush! If this dealdine is not good for you, please reply to this PM immediately and let me know some good times for you.

ALSO, please set aside some time for this exam. The exam won't take you an hour, but you should definitely take the test during a FREE HOUR in your day (away from distractions in the form of your mom, siblings, pets etc.). You should even ask that you not be disturbed. I hope your internet connections don't fail you as well. You have all dedicated time and lots of effort to this so I want to get the best out of all of you!

Go to that website and log in with your previous log in details. If you run into ANY problem, contact me by PM immediately.

Good luck! Remember the techniques and skills you have learnt from the past rounds and apply them here! Really, anyone of you can win this.

Once again, thank you VERY MUCH for participating.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
ugh firefox decided that the time i set aside to take the test was the perfect time to be extremely slow and freeze. hopefully that didnt affect it.. i think i did fairly well on most of the questions except the 4-point one, i was scrambling for that one at the end and wasn't sure if the answer i put down was right :/