• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spring 2013

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
The Spring season of 2013 approaches, and with it a whole new range of anime.

[img139]http://i3.minus.com/iOwOD68llpOX4.jpg[/img139]

This chart is going to turn MAL into a **** storm of "Ponies are anime!"

Anyway, the question is, as always, what will everyone be watching?

As for me, I'll be watching the following:

TV Shows:

• Red Data Girl - P.A. Works is always worth a watch.
  • Devil Survivor 2
  • Yuyushiki - I assume it's just going to be cute girls doing cute data processing, hard to see where it can go wrong.
  • Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. - Obviously watching because I loved the first season, the switch over in animation studio to A-1 Pictures certainly doesn't hurt it any though.
  • Shingeki no Kyojin - Watching this purely because the PV looks amazing.
  • Hayate no Gotoku! - Hopefully this is better than the last season, may give up on the series if it isn't.
  • Suiseui no Gargantia - It's an Urobuchi Gen anime, and he has a fairly good strike rate.
  • Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S - Loved the first season of Railgun, hopefully the second can be just as good.
  • Haiyore! Nyurako-san W - Once again, loved the first season and hopefully this one can be just as good.
  • Aiura - More cute girls doing cute things, I'm always down for that.
  • Photo Kano - Madhouse 'nuff said.

As always, there is bound to be at least one show I pick up that I didn't originally plan to.
OVAs/Specials:

• Code:Breaker
  • Gundam Unicorn Episode 6
  • Puchimas
  • Girls und Panzer

Movies:

• Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home - More Hanasaku Iroha is never a bad thing, the quality of it will only be enhanced in movie form, the only downside being the wait for BD release.
  • Dragonball Z: Kami to Kami - Watching purely for the kid inside me.
  • Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Deja vu - Pretty much the same as Hanasaku Iroha, it's not a bad thing, better quality in a movie, downside being a wait for BDs etc.
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku - I don't think it's actually been confirmed whether this will be a TV series, OVA or a movie yet, but I'll put it here since it's listed under movies on the chart, I still have a tiny amount of faith in the TV adaptations of Higurashi, and really, if I could get through Kira I can get through this.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Not gonna give a discription on everything cuz i b lazy

TV Series
  • Otona Joshi no Anime Time
    Danchi Tomoo
    DBZ Crossover Specials
    - Because fyeah Dragonball
    Ore ****ing no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai - Confirmed to be the best thing airing
    Yuyusiki
    My Little Pony~ Tomodachi wa Mahou - I highly doubt the Japanese VA's can keep the same quality as the orginal. This should interesting. Those songs will now bw J-pop
    Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai
    - Has the word Hentai
    Aku no Hana
    Photo Kano
    - Been waiting for this.
    Aiura

BD/OVA/Specials
  • Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Chan
    Mangirl!
    Yama no Susume

Movies
  • Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home - Because Ohana and dat animation. But dat wait
    Dragonball Z: Kami to Kami Because fyeah Dragon Ball
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku - Because Mion

A lot of sequels to shows I haven't started yet. I might of picked up more if that wasn't the case. Also to much action this season and not enough drama.

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Karneval TV series?

That means I'll be following one new anime for each of two consecutive seasons what is this

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
OH MY GOD TRAIN HEROES IS FINALLY COMING GUYS. ARE YOU HYPED?!!!!!

Watching:

Toaru Kagaku no RailgunS allowed
Devil Survivorier 2
(I haven't played the games but that's okay... right?)
Little Witch Macadamia Nuts because Trigger
Had-a-snacku Iroha: Home Sweat Home
Steins%Gay: Holy Crap I just had Deja Vu

and:
Ore ****ing no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai - Confirmed to be the best thing airing

Though I didn't enjoy OreImo as much as some people did (Kirino was kinda irritating) I'll still watch the next season.

My list is small now since I'm probably going to wait to see what people recommend later as usual.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
TV
  • aiura
  • aku no hana
  • karneval
  • ore no imouto ga konna ni kawaii wake ga nai.
  • yahari ore no seishun love come wa machigatteiru
  • yuyushiki

OVA / SPECIAL / MOVIE
  • hanasaku iroha: home sweet home
  • higurashi no naku koro ni kaku

looking forward to karneval and ore no imouto the most.

Xionea

Half a centaur
TV:

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Own the game. Love it. Dying to see it animated.
Shingeki no Kyojin Saw the PV for it and fell in love. Dying to see it as well.
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Looks interesting.
Aku no Hana Also looks interesting.

BD/DVD/OVA/SPECIALS

Dakara Boku-ha, H ga Dekinai Saw the series. So why not watch this?
Highschool DxD Loved the series. Want to see this.

Overall, not too much. A lot of the series up there seem to be sequels and such that I have not originally seen. None of the movies catch my eye at the moment, but that may change. And if anything gets hyped over, I'll probably pick that up too since I know better than to judge things by their descriptions.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I'm not sure how interested I'd be in OreImo II, but going off the general tenor of the first series, would you recommend that I watch that beforehand?

Also, I'm still not sure about Nyaruko. I've heard good things, but whenever I try to look into things Cthulhu Mythos-related, I have to fight back the urge to screech about how much of a racist turd bag H.P. Lovecraft is.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I'm not sure how interested I'd be in OreImo II, but going off the general tenor of the first series, would you recommend that I watch that beforehand?

Of course watch the first season first, I see no reason to skip it and just watch the second.

Also, I'm still not sure about Nyaruko. I've heard good things, but whenever I try to look into things Cthulhu Mythos-related, I have to fight back the urge to screech about how much of a racist turd bag H.P. Lovecraft is.

Everything is better when it is carried out by cute girls, Nyaruko-san is no exception.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
...I read the summary of that Arata anime.

Genderbending?

Insta watch.

And I also wanna watch the "hentai" one.

I don't feel like spelling out their full names. XD

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai - Has the word Hentai
You may be disappointed.

It seems pretty early to be thinking about the spring season. I know for definite that I'll watch A Certain Scientific Railgun S - it's the show I'm most excited for right now. Since I've watched previous seasons of Hayate the Combat Butler and Oreimo, I'll watch those too (with lower expectations than Railgun S).

As for new stuff, Attack on Titan looks cool, and Red Data Girl could be good. There's a good chance that I'll also check out at least one of the new romantic comedies (Date A Live is the most likely right now). Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge sounds so ridiculous that I'm tempted to try it purely out of curiosity. And when the season actually starts, there's bound to be more stuff worth a look.

AceFlonne

Mediator
I fear Shingeki no kyojin. Since it has the director of guilty crown.

Double if it's overhyped like SAO.

But aside from that, I'm going to watch it along with

Red Data Girl
Date A Live
Karneval
Oreimo 2
Devil Survivor 2
Suisei no Gargantia
Hataraku Maou Sama
Arata Kangatari
Railgun
Aku no Hana
Photo Kano
Yahari
Hentai Ouji
Dansai buri

Man, That's a lot of shows. Good thing I'm on vacation when it starts

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
Maybe the Steins;Gate one if it ever gets dubbed. Other than that, nothing of interest for me.

OH MY GOD TRAIN HEROES IS FINALLY COMING GUYS. ARE YOU HYPED?!!!!!

The best part is that the studio animating it is called Cartoon Animation. Cartoon Animation. Clearly we are dealing with visionaries beyond the likes the world has ever seen.

New Nyarko-san? Yeah, I'm totally up for more fun from my favourite amoral 'officer of the law' (sorry Inferno Cop). Otherwise, things look mostly myeh.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
The best part is that the studio animating it is called Cartoon Animation. Cartoon Animation. Clearly we are dealing with visionaries beyond the likes the world has ever seen.

Contender for Anime of the Year for sure. Right up there with Inferno Cop.

Lilia

I'm so going to watch Shingeki no kyojin however seeing how the director is guilty crown, My expectations for good execution is low.

But I'm going to watch it and Date A Live. I might watch more if people like it.