1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Friendly; a Pokemon Wi-Fi Tournament

Discussion in 'Nintendo Formats' started by jstinftw!, Apr 26, 2012.

?

Will you be participating?

1. Definitely doing this!

65.1%
  2. I probably will, depends.

7.0%
  3. I might.

11.6%
  4. I want to, but due to circumstances unavoidable, I can't.

14.0%
  5. Screw these tournaments.

2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jstinftw!

jstinftw! hey trainer

I don't know if I'm allowed to make this instead of a mod, but I just refreshed my twitter feed and I saw the news. And I'm excited about it.

[​IMG]

And then on the main site

A tournament that we can all take place in from the convenience of our own homes. I guess rules would probably be something important, so I'll include those. For those familiar, they are exactly the same as the rules for the 2012 VGC Tournament.

Source.

---------------------------------------

I'm probably screwing myself over by saying this, but I figure most people will not be very familiar with the Double Battle Format. If you noticed, there are no tiers. This isn't a Smogon-run tournament, which means there will be a huge difference between what most Competitive Players are used to, along with the fact that there is a big difference between Singles and Doubles.

If you plan on entering, might I suggest taking a look into VGC-style battling. It's the best practice for Double Battles in this format, since a lot of the main threats will probably carry over. :) If you have any particular questions, you should definitely ask.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. Trainer Frankie

Trainer Frankie Nostalgia.

I'm just gonna use the same team I've used throughout Pokemon Black and hopefully have fun. ^^

3. jstinftw!

jstinftw! hey trainer

I'm sure it will! Good luck with your team! I'm probably going to be using another modified version of my 2012 International Challenge team.

4. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, this won't be as big a mess as the Autumn Unfriendly.

5. Silvershark

Silvershark HAWLUCHA!!!

I'll be sticking with the team I used in the last wifi competition myself. Now for the first question that popped in my head when I heard about this: "Why no Winter Friendly Nintendo?"

6. Soperman

Soperman The One and Only

I should probably start training a real team, huh...
    Oh well. I might not enter anyway ^^'

7. jstinftw!

jstinftw! hey trainer

The 2012 International Challenge wasn't so bad. There were rage-quitters, sure, but it wasn't as bad as the Autumn Friendly. :)

Hahaha! Winter is not friendly, that's why. XD

Hahah yeah. It seems that this whole Wi-Fi tourney thing is going to actually be a thing. Having a team for it could be useful. XD But if you don't enter ,it's pointless so. haha

8. Szayel

Szayel New Member

Missed the last tournament, not missing this one.

9. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

Chances are I'll slack off on breeding the team again, but if I do end up getting myself back into pokemon breeding, I'm definitely entering.

I'll probably get the new Kid Icarus game as soon as I get school work out of the way anyways....

10. jstinftw!

jstinftw! hey trainer

Nice! VGC Style tournaments are somewhat of a rarity, so I think everyone interested should definitely try it. :)

Psssshhh... Pokemon > Kid Icarus. :mad: jk, haha.

But yeah, I totally forgot that you were actually pretty active in the Autumn Friendly! Hopefully you do join (again, I get excited for people who are joining. haha)!

11. 32er

32er TM87? I got TM32 :]

This is great for people like me who don't have the time to go to real VGCs :]
    Definitely participating.

12. jstinftw!

jstinftw! hey trainer

Same! Exact same reason why I get hyped about these tournaments (and why my podcast will run a tournament using VGC rules afterwards).

By the way, for those who need more Pokemon in their lives and are either bored or have lots of time, Episode 20: Renee the Ursaring of my podcast, StriatonRadio, and Episode 76: No Lemon, No Melon of The Pokemon Podcast: It's Super Effective talk about Double Battles and VGCs, so if you need some tips on Double Battles as well, these could be good listens. :)

13. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

Something happened to my 3DS charger. :/ Now I can't breed the pokemon myself until I get a new one.

....But I could get desperate and offer IOU's to people who are willing to breed for me.

14. shrek

shrek Member

I've just registered for this, so hopefully it'll be alright. Skipped the last wi-fi tourney, part out of lack of time and partly due to Autumn Friendly woes.
    Now, just to come up with a team ha

15. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

I'll participate for fun (not a huge double battler). I need to get started on EV training though.

16. Frozen Ghost

Frozen Ghost Well-Known Member

I participate in these things for fun, and for experience if I ever manage to get good enough for the actual 'live' VGC tournaments.
    I hope there aren't as many rage-quitters this time, or none at all; half my total battle count in the 2012 International Challenge were lost to those people...

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  17. jstinftw!

jstinftw! hey trainer

Registrations end today! Hopefully all of you are able to register, and have your teams ready! :)

Good luck!

18. jwla

jwla Well-Known Member

I entered, which is something I wouldn't normally do because I am not much for competitive battling. I am using my current in-game team. It's not my original White team, but one I am comfortable battling with. Hopefully it will be fun!

19. Guywhoiam

Guywhoiam Dr. Researcher Man

The competition is live! Good luck to everyone!

20. K1LL3RxP0P7aRt

K1LL3RxP0P7aRt Stargasm

I've been searching for 2 hours and not one opponent..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.