• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spring Friendly; a Pokemon Wi-Fi Tournament

Will you be participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arande

92-08553-13384

That feel when you choice trick or encore something into uselessness

Lots of metagross from my end, not many zapdos. Was watching various videos after I stopped fighting; lots of other rain teams, feels like I'm one of the few that has their frogs trained defensively.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
That feel when you choice trick or encore something into uselessness
Yeah, I was hoping to lock him into Sleep Talk, but Rest works too, lol. What I liked about that video was how I my near-dead Politoed and Murkrow were able to stay alive so long and finish off his other three pokemon so easily. A good example of why Murkrow's on the team. Not the best example, but whenever I start having a battle that demonstrates Murkrow's full potential, people usually ragequit on me, lol

Lots of metagross from my end, not many zapdos. Was watching various videos after I stopped fighting; lots of other rain teams, feels like I'm one of the few that has their frogs trained defensively.

Huh, I actually felt there were more defensive Politoeds this time, as opposed to all the Scarf-toeds I saw in the International Challenge. Of course those were the teams I encountered personally. I've only looked at a few of the videos on wifi, so there could be a lot more offensive Politoeds than what I've seen out there.

Last edited:

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
just wondering.. will there be a summer friendly? i wanted to register for this one but i put it off too long

Viv

Master Tactician
I highly doubt there will be any tourney this summer, as that's when B2/W2 is supposed to take off (if I remember correctly). I got a whole lot of useless battles and waiting for an "opponent to be found". I'll admit, I can be a little cocky, but I noticed something that SUPER sucked. Like "sucked advanced". I was getting a whole lot of opponents in the 1300's or even 1200's range for a period of time. I was around 1800 at this time. When I'd beat them, I'd usually only get 1 point for my victory. I distinctly remember not even getting 1 point for a victory; my rating just stayed as it was. But then I lost to someone in the 1400s (I think) and I lost like 30 points on my rating! I don't care if my team is ruining the person in last place; if we win, we shouldn't have a "nothing to gain; only to lose scenario". That's the only part I couldn't stand. Well, I did promise myself I would enjoy Ragequitting on anyone who brought Terakion+Whimsicott combo: or Exploding Normal Gem Metagross. Didn't see any of either this tourney, so that gave me hope for the future. ^_^

old man

On Guard!!!
I had a guy explode on me with gross and it was his last poke. Didnt see any Terakion's at all!!!! Where can you go to see the rankings?

zozo

SLIMED!
I had a guy explode on me with gross and it was his last poke. Didnt see any Terakion's at all!!!! Where can you go to see the rankings?

I only saw one Terrakion this time around (compared to the last time where every other team had a !@#$%! Terrakion). And I'm proud to say that I 0HKO'd it because it used Stone Edge. Had it used Rock Slide, I would have been in trouble, and probably lost the match.

But to answer your question, rankings will be up on the Pokemon Global Link... sometime soon. They usually take a few days to do all the calculations, disqualify people, etc. When it does happen, it should have a little announcement on the main page.

Arande

Huh, I actually felt there were more defensive Politoeds this time, as opposed to all the Scarf-toeds I saw in the International Challenge. Of course those were the teams I encountered personally. I've only looked at a few of the videos on wifi, so there could be a lot more offensive Politoeds than what I've seen out there.

Most politoeds I saw among videos ran water gems and such. Also was referring to toxicroak. Plenty of others were using em, but every one I saw looking at videos seemed to just be running att/speed w focus sash to stay alive.

And just out of curiosity, one of your opponents uploaded a video; his washing machine vs your murkrow. I have to ask, what the heck is its 4th move? y u no has taunt? D: Again just curious, actually ran into a similar situation w my frog vs their thundurus, taunt letting me force em tot take sucker punch.

Anyway, Not sure what I'm going to be doing for the next tournament. And yeah, there probably wont be a summer one, at least any time soon, what with the whole revamp of GL and such to happen.

Last edited:

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Most politoeds I saw among videos ran water gems and such. Also was referring to toxicroak. Plenty of others were using em, but every one I saw looking at videos seemed to just be running att/speed w focus sash to stay alive.

And just out of curiosity, one of your opponents uploaded a video; his washing machine vs your murkrow. I have to ask, what the heck is its 4th move? y u no has taunt? D: Again just curious, actually ran into a similar situation w my frog vs their thundurus, taunt letting me force em tot take sucker punch.

Anyway, Not sure what I'm going to be doing for the next tournament. And yeah, there probably wont be a summer one, at least any time soon, what with the whole revamp of GL and such to happen.

Lol, I know which one you're talking about, it was my second loss in this tournament. You probably can't tell in the video, but I was trying to run out the clock for the win. Nearly made it too, till he pulled a Gem boosted Hydro Pump on me. Caractacus's (Murkrow) moveset is Mean Look/ Roost/ Sucker Punch/ Quash. I've been tossing around trading out Mean Look for Taunt, Tailwind, or Thunderwave since I hardly ever use it. But when I do get an opportunity to use it, it is pretty freakin' sweet (though always causes a ragequit). Looking back at that battle video were I tricked that Scarf onto that Snorlax, I could have finished it so much more cleanly had I put more thought into my moves at the beginning. Instead of instantly attacking Gengar and later sacrificing Terrakion, I should have Mean Look trapped that Gyarados while simultaneously switching in Rotom. Then my Murkrow could just sit there Roosting smugly while Gyarados helplessly squirms before being wiped out by Rotom. With Gyarados out of the way, it would have been left wide open for my Terrakion to clean up, with my Murkrow assisting on Gengar of course.

jstinftw!

hey trainer

Oh right. Dang it. I'd forgotten about the revamp; guess no Summer Tourney after all. :/

Speaking of tourneys, if anyone here is taking part in the StriatonChallenge, you should listen to the latest episode to get the latest details of the tournament! Episode 22 - We Looked Like Snorlax

Zachmac

^By the sounds of it, that's pretty impressive. But to be sure, 39 Out of how many?

I wish I had a team to join with. This time, I'm going to train my team early.

Wait, wasn't BW2 supposed to come out in Japan this June? Well, I guess I'll have to wait. I should probably just concentrate on pokemon who can set up rain dance no matter what happens to the metagame....I'm thinking one of the Kami trio and Bronzong. It's too bad Whimsicott doesn't get it.

Last edited:

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
I ranked 97 out of 3022. Either a lot of people didn't participate, or a lot of people were booted.

Plusle.

Plusle!
Finished 8th. I am suprised I was not disqualified the amount of people that discconected on me. Also I think that puts me at 1st out of everyone in the UK.

Zachmac

Finished 8th. I am suprised I was not disqualified the amount of people that discconected on me. Also I think that puts me at 1st out of everyone in the UK.
Good job!

Though it makes me wonder if Silvershark's second theory is right...

Cybertron

5th place. Not bad, I guess.

Gundam Leafeon

I think I should hang out here more often. 4 trainers in the top 100 is not bad at all. I'd definitely say there's some potential in the room. I'm pretty sure most of the field was disqualified due to rage quits, although there are some people who didn't place because they didn't participate in enough battles.

This is a battle I had against the guy who finished 12th in the spring friendly. I hope you guys watch and enjoy the battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJJh87jBC-c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
I think I should hang out here more often. 4 trainers in the top 100 is not bad at all. I'd definitely say there's some potential in the room. I'm pretty sure most of the field was disqualified due to rage quits, although there are some people who didn't place because they didn't participate in enough battles.

This is a battle I had against the guy who finished 12th in the spring friendly. I hope you guys watch and enjoy the battle.

Unfortunately, I do have some doubts that that's the case. The guy who placed third ragequitted on me after I easily stomped his rain team. Granted it was a decent team, but with the total lack of strategic prowess he displayed in the match, I have a hard time believing he could have gotten that far without liberally disconnecting on people.

Anyways, nice battle. I especially like your commentary on the match.

Last edited:

Gundam Leafeon

Unfortunately, I do have some doubts that that's the case. I the guy who placed third ragequitted on me after I easily stomped his rain team. Granted it was a decent team, but with the total lack of strategic prowess he displayed in the match, I have a hard time believing he could have gotten that far without liberally disconnecting on people.

Anyways, nice battle. I especially like your commentary on the match.

That is unfortunate to hear about the guy who got 3rd; it makes me feel that penalizing disconnectors with a steep cut to their point total, let's say maybe 100 points, would be the way to go because that kind of play is not cool.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the commentary. I need to become a better speaker and I feel like making those videos is a way to improve my speaking skills. I'm going to need to be the best speaker I can be when it comes time to make my survivor audition tape.

I'm an avid breeder and I plan on doing random giveaways to subscribers in the future.

Zachmac

Your Ambipom was actually rather amusing. I mostly focus on 1vs1, were King's Rock fling would be considered a rather bad gimmick. But in a double battle, an extra flinch could easily make or break a battle. It can save your teammate yet another turn to avoid an attack from a pokemon who'd otherwise KO it. It's not really something I've ever thought about, but it's pretty much a second fake out without the priority.

Gundam Leafeon

I don't always fling king's rock second turn; it's often best to hold on to it for late game situations. There's nothing I love more than watching ambipom flinch with u-turn; it doesn't happen often but I laugh every time it does.

Ambipom opens doors...

Status
Not open for further replies.