• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spring Friendly; a Pokemon Wi-Fi Tournament

Will you be participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Total battles: 17
Rating: 1605
W/13 L/3 Disconnections: 1

I was off to a rough start when I lost my first battle to a team of Swift Swimmers that did nothing but spam Ice Beam and Surf the whole battle. After that I started doing better, only losing twice more today do to misprediction on my part. And not too many ragequits so far, just one guy that quit as soon as I brought in my Drizzletoed to counter his Ninetales. There was another who disconnected after I beat him, but it happened so late after the battle that the win counted anyways. I suspect it was just a poor connection due to the long loading time before, during, and after the battle. No battle videos yet, had a few iffy battles, but nothing particularly interesting yet.

Zachmac

Now I'm regretting not building a team. :/

Next tournament, I'm going to build my team around rain dance. >:D Then I won't have to worry about Ninetails/Tyranitar.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
At the end of the day I have 5 wins and 8 losses. My first 8 games were all losses, my last 5 were all wins, and I didn't have any disconnects. I hope I can continue the streak tomorrow.

jwla

So I nervously began the Spring Friendly this morning, after having to navigate some problems with the internet. My first opponent was chosen, and I thought for sure that I didn't stand a chance. Well, I won my first battle. I was happy about it, but quickly lost my second. I have a lot to do around the house today, so I will give a third battle a go later this afternoon. My team is...unconventional at best. We'll see how well they fare later on!

Arande

Ah, the fun begins. Was out with friends last night, so didn't get to play at the start. Tried a match just now, yay priority saving me. Albeit I learned something about myself, I predict protects a bit much :X Anyways, get food, finish some business, and I'll probably be playing all day. Plan to get more than my usual 25ish matches like the last ones :p If you see someone with a dewott on their profile, talking about how nidoking is super, sup.

Plusle.

Plusle!
At a rating of 1753 currently. My in game name is ED and my greeting is Plusle is the strongest

shrek

Oops forgot this was happening so soon, don't got a team built. But that won't stop me throwing a few pokes together and joining in 4 the fun if it

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm having trouble with my game. I registered ontime & everything, but whenever I go on the battle composition section it asks me if I wish to participate & doesn't allow me into any competitions. I just register for the competition over & over again

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Aw, man. My router decided to lose signal right as a battle ended, and so I basically just disconnected from some guy costing him his win.

If you used a shiny rain team against a Seismitoad, Mow Rotom, Gardevoir, and Haxorus and just had me DC after the battle, I'm sorry. It was not on porpoise.

Anyway, my record right now is 10 wins, 17 losses, and 3 DCs (counting me).

Soperman

The One and Only
Now I'm regretting not building a team. :/

Next tournament, I'm going to build my team around rain dance. >:D Then I won't have to worry about Ninetails/Tyranitar.
Already building Sandstorm team. BRING IT ON >:D

But I didn't even remember to sign up for this one :/ . I usually don't do very well at these things anyway; I don't have enough patience or time.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Unfortunately I won't participate, I'm being kind of lazy and have not finished my breeding and training.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
So far only did a few battles (like six or seven). Was excited I won my first two matches, but lost the rest. Oh well. I'm gonna just enjoy battling as oppossed to making sure I rank high. Of course, I'm still gonna try to do my best, but I'll just keep battling which odds are won't help my ranking, but it's a nice battling system assuming trainers follow rules and don't disconnect. So far so good.

Arande

Been having fun so far. Dont want to say anything about not ahving a DC against me yet, cause that'll jinx it. Someones bisharp gave me a run for my money last match. Dunno if he had sucker punch, or was just using the fear of it to torment me. Cause be honest, nothing likes taking a 120 BP priority to the face. Also having a scarf on something fast is still fun when fighting vs tailwind. :D

mince cant beef it

Swishable One
so far my whimsicott with sunny day is proving quite useful against rain teams! and also my hitmonlee and his unburden is doing alright, 25 games in and still over 1500 points! at least im doing better than last time!

if you come across a team with a hitmonlee, latias, gliscor, thundurus, whimsicott, and a haxorus, then thats-a-me!

zozo

SLIMED!
So far,
Won: 3
Lost: 6
No DC's thus far (which is to be expected, in light of my record. :p).

On the plus side, I'm already learning a bunch of stuff during this tournament. #1 being I had no **** business trying to put a Scrafty on my team. For whatever reason, I just can't use a Fighting type pokemon to save my life. It's been total dead weight to my team so far. Amoonguss is turning out much better, and I'm loving how my Sigilyph is doing. For the record, there's something really satisfying about seeing a winged totem pole 0HKOing legendaries. Lickilicky and Jellicent are kind of average right now, but I think I'll get better with them as I keep having more battles. It's a matter of me figuring out when to use them and who to partner with them.

All in all, it's a pretty promising start to a very interesting tournament!

zogu

Lost 9 and won 7, but 3 disconnected. Seriously, a harsher penalty like a deduction of points should be in place for people disconnecting.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Total battles: 31
Rating: 1699
W/25 L/4 Disconnections: 2

Did pretty well today, had some much more interesting battles. Only had one loss, unfortunately it cost me twenty points. And to add to that misfortune, had two people try to avoid the ragequit ban by disconnecting long enough after the battle to give me the win, but deny me any rating points. Then I came across someone with a 1647 rating, who, based the team preview, I thought I would easily wallop. Apparently he thought so too, because he disconnected before I could choose my pokemon. Other than those incidents, I've been having lots of fun. Seeing a lot of unique teams and strategies so far. Oh, and here's a battle I had against a fellow Washingtonian using a rain team: 72-95417-64393. His rating was about even with mine, and the battle easily could have gone either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.