• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sprite comparison for old pokemon

i honestly think these are just temporary sprites because some really look horrble (example: Manafis sprite is just horrible, munchlaxs eyes are wierd and others) there probably just for a test

Shinin

Minimalist
MrPerson87andahalf said:
i honestly think these are just temporary sprites because some really look horrble (example: Manafis sprite is just horrible, munchlaxs eyes are wierd and others) there probably just for a test

Or maybe the quality on the screenshots is low, causing it to look like that?

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
These are scans, so the level of quality that we're seeing isn't the best yet.

Scizor just looks hard. Kudos to the artists.
I'm also glad to see that Butterfree looks cool now.
Wooper's sprite is terrible, but who uses it anyway?

Jynx!

Run Bonsly! RUUUUUN!
Blitzkrieg said:
These are scans, so the level of quality that we're seeing isn't the best yet.

Scizor just looks hard. Kudos to the artists.
I'm also glad to see that Butterfree looks cool now.
Wooper's sprite is terrible, but who uses it anyway?

Don't you say not even one bad thing about Woopers.;194;

I like woopers! But Wooper either looks too fat, too skinny or too...can't describe what the D/P sprite would be...

ArrEmmDee

Someone help me here. I already mentioned it in another topic but now I doubt my math.

We're estimating 500 Pokémon in this game (even if it's short of this, remember Unown sprites). A lot of them now double for male/female sprite alteration. Ok, about 950 sprites, or so, since not all will have female variations. Double it again for shiny variations...

1900-2000 sprites? Can the DS store that much? Will they care to MAKE that much? Will quality decline in favour of quantity? Unless maybe shinies don't have male/female variation, and look different in pose altogether, allowing 1500ish, I'm wicked wondering how this'll work.

Say.
I forgot back sprites.

..D-Double it AGAIN?

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
ArrEmmDee said:
Someone help me here. I already mentioned it in another topic but now I doubt my math.

We're estimating 500 Pokémon in this game (even if it's short of this, remember Unown sprites). A lot of them now double for male/female sprite alteration. Ok, about 950 sprites, or so, since not all will have female variations. Double it again for shiny variations...

1900-2000 sprites? Can the DS store that much? Will they care to MAKE that much? Will quality decline in favour of quantity? Unless maybe shinies don't have male/female variation, and look different in pose altogether, allowing 1500ish, I'm wicked wondering how this'll work.

Say.
I forgot back sprites.

..D-Double it AGAIN?

It isn't as much memeory as you would think.....I don't think.....

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
He accounted for the Unknown. Notice how he said 500 pokemon but only 950 instead of 1000 for M/F variants

Fire_Fan

Watch me burn..
I like Butterfree it looks awsome !
Wooper is probably looks like that because it's blown up so I wouldn't worry about it!
Scizor looks good!

I think the Scizor one looks great! It's doubly cool cause I have been raising a BP'ing Scizor! I know one poke who is going to D/P....

And someone mentioned the Manafi sprite.... yeah, I hope it and Buizeru get changed. Hopefully these are just tests and they're working on the the better ones. Started at one and are past 212 maybe? :)

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
SneaselDude777 said:
the butterfree and scizor are totally awesome but the wooper sucks. also if u saw the buizeru sprite, i think it really sucks

I agree the Buizery Sprit looks rubbish. It seems 2 be 2 thin epsecailly around the neck and shoulders area.

Scizor looks great and i love how male/female pokemon look diffrent much like real world animals. (I wonder if a female stantlar will have antlers?).

Can some1 please tell me the diffrent between the male and female butterfree please?

Ex_Mightyena

Mightyena Master
Zoramon089 said:
He accounted for the Unknown. Notice how he said 500 pokemon but only 950 instead of 1000 for M/F variants
That is most likely because some steels have no types.Legendarys have no types.Some pokemon are only 1 gender(Jynx etc.)

But this is still cool,Im curious at what they will do with spinda..it already has like over 2000 combinations,but then again combination and position are different I gather...

Neoriceisgood

Better than thou
Ex_Mightyena said:
That is most likely because some steels have no types.Legendarys have no types.Some pokemon are only 1 gender(Jynx etc.)

But this is still cool,Im curious at what they will do with spinda..it already has like over 2000 combinations,but then again combination and position are different I gather...

Spinda is actually not done by sprites but by a bit of programming, so Spinda is just a sprite of a dotless spinda, and sprites of dots that appear ontop of Spinda in random locations.

Neoriceisgood

Better than thou
XDbonsly said:
Male Scizzor, Female Scizzor, Male Butterfree, Female butterfree. What are the diffrences (off topic). (On topic) Look at the difference between R/B/Y Butterfree and the D/P butterfree...WOw.

Male Scizzor has a more stubby and wider abdomen than the female one,

The female Butterfree has black dots on the bottom wings.

There might be size differences, but the screenshots are different sizes, so I can't really comment on that yet.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Scizor is pretty well done.
Butterfree, also is very well done.
Wooper, well.. it's cute. Atleast it's got that going for it.

Scizor looks kind of weird ^^ But it's cool.

Butterfree's new sprite is totally awesome!

I actually like the new Wooper-sprite better than the old ones. It may seem a bit weird, because its size is bigger and it's more um.. "clumsy"-looking.

Buizerus sprite sucks totally X_X