• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sprite comparison for old pokemon

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
Wooper doesnt look right. to me, sprites arent about graphics, theyre about positioning. wooper no longer has that smiley little face, scizor looks like it's squatting, Lucario looks like it's posessed. yet, from the back, they all look totally different (especially lucario). im not too keen on the sprites so far. why theheck is butterfree facng the wrong way? geez...

G

ghost1125

Seviper said:
New Scizor is awesome
New Butterfree is cooler than the old ones
but I preffer R/S Wooper than the new one

yah the wooper aint that good.

Buoysel.Boy

Cascade Trainer
sam_h12 said:
Wooper doesnt look right. to me, sprites arent about graphics, theyre about positioning. wooper no longer has that smiley little face, scizor looks like it's squatting, Lucario looks like it's posessed. yet, from the back, they all look totally different (especially lucario). im not too keen on the sprites so far. why theheck is butterfree facng the wrong way? geez...
It not its looking back at the pokemon not a common stance but cool nun the less. I love all the new sprites except for the male trainer's back sprite.

Neoriceisgood

Better than thou
EVIDENCE2.png

If my calculations are correct concerning the new sprites and screenshots; Instead of a maximum size of 64x64 it -appears- that pokémon can get up to 80x80 in size now, (At least if I took the right sizes for a DS screen, and that screenshot I cut out is infact, the entire screen)

What does this mean? Well, it definetly means that they can make the size differences between small and big pokémon even more obvious, and can actually add some better and more dynamic poses to the giants that hardly fit in 64x64,

So let's hope that I'm right.

MLS

.::Lost Butterfly::.
Jynx! said:
Don't you say not even one bad thing about Woopers.;194;

I like woopers! But Wooper either looks too fat, too skinny or too...can't describe what the D/P sprite would be...

too cute! I love the new wooper, the picture quailty is just bad and the sprite is zoomed in to see the difference between the male and female.

Butterfree: It looks a lot better.

Scisor: Ick, I don't like its pose. Don't know why.

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
Updated with clearer shots and the pokecenter

I prefer the D/P PokéCentre. It's kind of cooler. Though the R/S Centre is cool too. The escalators look kind of weird though on the new PokéCentre.. But like it still ^^

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
Don't know if anyone noticed in older pics but when the healing machine is on a glass covers it. Just a nice touch

N

nailgunfd

Am I the only one who likes the Wooper sprite?
The other ones are cool, tough.

Golde

Always Searching~
Hahaha. Red/Blue geodude looks like a voltorb with arms with the mumps on its head. RBY sucked at drawing. Well there is a definite step forward from even the latest games

pepsa

I love all the new sprites! even the siczor looks cool, I don't know why most people don't like it. D/P is going to be so AWESOME with all these new sprites. and the pokemon centre looks, much, mcuh better. It is just amazing.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
I don't think that many people dislike the Lucario sprite as everyone seems to have one! (Including myself!)

DarkTyphlosion

Soul Trainer
T3H.....N3W.....SC1Z0R......R0CKZ!!!!!

I am a scizor lover!! Both of the genders look cool.

oh yeah, and I was going to da a pic comparisopn but I was beaten....ah well

Jash Thor

Bringer of Lombax
Even if the difference between the D/P sprites and R/S sprites aren't as apparent as the differences between the R/S sprites and G/S sprites, it's fairly obvious that they are very high step up in quality. The D/P sprites have much more definition and don't look as flat as they did in R/S. Plus, you have to remember that they will all look SO much better on a nice, bright, DS screen while in action then they do on your computer. I'm sure there will be some kind of sprite animation as well, and I'm betting the dimensions of the designs will surprise us.

One other thing I have to mention, though, even though it's not addressed in this topic it is relevant. Who here thinks that the trainer sprite (back view for battles) is just terrible? The boy looks totally out of proportion. It looks like they didn't even try to properly draw him. Is he malnourished? I just can't figure this one out...

Dark_Force

Hmmm...i think the boys backprite just looks bad because either
a) the way the screenshots are resized, the boys sprite was messed up
or
b) the sprite isn't totally finished yet

~DF~

Goldyoshi

I > You
Butterfree. . . NO MORE DISTURBINGLY LARGE HEAD! YAY!

I like all the new sprites so far... but the trainer's head from the back seems fatter.