• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sprite comparison for old pokemon

I like everything so far I cant wait for these games to come out already

Pure

back.
JohtoGirl said:
To be honest, I prefer the sharper graphics of RSE so far..but of course the DS is completely different from the GBA, so it will look awesome.I like the new PC in the pokémon center XD
sharper graphics? ha! I think you mean FireRed/LeafGreen. Compared to that, RSE looks horrible.

Pure

back.
The wooper is no better than the previous Woopers. Let's see the Quagsire one...

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
Comparing the Pokemon Green sprites with the Diamond and Pearl ones, then new ones are far too better, and better than the Gold and Silver ones too. I like the third generation games sprites, they're good, but these from Diamond and Pearl are better, they are more clear, and not like some Pokemon sprites in older generations which you hardly know which Pokemon it is, and I hope there will be no more Sprites like that.

By the way, why did you have to put both Gold and Silver sprites to compare them, it was better if you put the Leaf Green/Fire Red ones. :D

KoopaTim

Master of Disaster
Gosh...I LOVE the new style of trainers, houses everything ^^
I might even enjoy playing with that dude...

Shinin

Minimalist
Dubble Flux said:
I like everything so far about D/P (partly 'cause I'm bored of what we already have), but I'm wondering about the sprites:

Are there going to be two pre-determined sprites for Pokemon (gender-wise), or on the gender issue, is it just going to create random differences so damn near every Pokemon is unique? And for the Pokedex entries: will there be a set sprite for the Dex Pic, or will it be the one of the first caught Poke for said Dex Entry? I'd perfer the latter, to make it more realistic, but meh. I'm already happy with how things are already.

Lovin' the 4th Generation!

~The Don

A random difference would probably consume way too much space on the cartridges (or cards as they're called).

Sol

Bathing Ape
Things I imediately noticed off the bat:

Polygonal backgrounds.
Larger sprites (that includes In Battle sprites, and map/overworld sprites).

One thing that I assume will stay constant, will be the colors used, which seems to simply be Game FREAK's style (just like the ol' Genesis game Pulseman).

Dark_Lucario

Poképhile & Proud!
D/P look awesome! I personally love the sprites of Lucario and Scizor, and I like how they're making the maps a bit 3-D! This will be the most awesome Pokemon game yet! (besides for that wierd male hero sprite)

Hero of Legend

Advanced Missingno.
Wow, after looking at the RS male and the DP male from behind like that, the DP male looks WAY better than the RS male, the RS male is WAY too skinny, look at those arms! >.<

Larvitar

I think the back of the male character looks good.. Look at the G/S/C one.. how can he hold the Pokéball like that!

Gridiron

I didn't like the back sprite for the D/P hero, but I actually like it a lot better than the other ones. It only looks weird because of the backpack.

Silon

-- Fear Dawn &&
I made an organized one. :D
rawrrawrrawr6wq.png

Sol

Bathing Ape
Very neat. Mind if I snag that for burndiego? (site linked at bottom).

Great work!

The sprites from R/B were so bad... and the Pokemon centres from D/P look the same as R/S. They put everything in the same spot except for the computer and the new basement.