• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sprite Recolors

shervin

Pokemon Coordinator
Hi everyone. I've only just started doing this. I'll be doing recolors, mainly of trainers and back sprites and trainer back sprites. I hope you leave me some comments/critism.

dpmfa152yv3.png

dpmfa492kg2.png

077ponytaur1.png

Some trainer recolors.

dptrba000ko5.png

dptrba004rz6.png

dptrba008kc4.png

dptrba010za9.png

dptrba012jl2.png

Ok, first off,

WHY DID YOU USE BLINDING PAINT DEFAULT COLORS?

You never under any circumstances use paint default colors, because they are horribly bright and ugly. Use colors form other pokemon sprites. You didn't even recolor the otulines either, which is a negative. YOu need soem work on recolors.

As for the chikorita, all you did was copy/paste another leaf, and that took of some of it's head, which makes the sprite look unsightly.

I would say go for something more challenging, but you need to work more on this concept first.

blackgoodbye

Break the silence
the pink and blue one looks quiet cool but the orange on the leg parts kinda kills it a tad they be wayyy better then your 1st ones

Silva Edge

Lazzzzzzzzzzzzy
the last set was ok, but the first set had no shading which made it look horrible in my opinion, and yes I can do better
ExampleRecolour.jpg

claona

#1 Qwifish fan
the last set was ok, but the first set had no shading which made it look horrible in my opinion, and yes I can do better
ExampleRecolour.jpg

ummm Silva Edge... that's horible. Your not supposed to use paint colors, and never save a sprite a jpg.

Anyways, shervin, your sprites were bad at first, but you've dramaticaly improved in a short amount of time, I see a great spriter in you, good luck!

Starter530

Yes I use MS paint
silva edge, its not your sprite thread, back off. That recolor is horrible.

shervin: You're a quick learner which is good. I suggest you try some more complicated forms of spriting like mixing, or re-elements.

.:Faithless:.

.:~Silent Strength~:
I like the mermaid trainer ^_^ I agree with claona, you can become a very good spriter! Keep practicing (and ignore silva edge >_> anyone who saves a sprite as JPEG doesn't know a lot about spriting)