• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sprite Resources

Bert

Untitled
If you have the rips, you should be able to deduct the dimensions from them, right? Just take the largest in-game overworld, rip it, and check. Sorry if this isn't helping, I'm no expert.

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
Hm. Good point. It's just a matter of finding out which one is largest, and from there it SHOULD be easy... but I don't know if there is an extra pixel on one side or the other, and I don't want to screw it up.

Guess I'll just take the time to measure each of them once I get a chance.

Thanks for the tip!

-Raiga-

but I don't know if there is an extra pixel on one side or the other, and I don't want to screw it up.

You shouldn't really have to worry about this happening. Probably 95% of games, pokemon included, are going to use some kind of equal width/height formula, usually taking the form of a multiple of 8(16x16, 32x32, etc.)

So if you have a large overworld that's 30x32, it's a safe bet the real dimensions are 32x32

Now, with that said, it seems like the r/s/e/fr/lg ones throw a curveball and make them different. Based on a sheet from LG, it seems the limit is 16(width) by 20 height, and that's for characters and smaller pokemon. The bigger legends seem all over the place though, as they seem to all be 24x24, but then normal form deoxys jumps up to 32 for width, for some reason.

So basically, my advice would be go to a rom hacking community, they should have your answer in no time.

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
You shouldn't really have to worry about this happening. Probably 95% of games, pokemon included, are going to use some kind of equal width/height formula, usually taking the form of a multiple of 8(16x16, 32x32, etc.)

So if you have a large overworld that's 30x32, it's a safe bet the real dimensions are 32x32

Now, with that said, it seems like the r/s/e/fr/lg ones throw a curveball and make them different. Based on a sheet from LG, it seems the limit is 16(width) by 20 height, and that's for characters and smaller pokemon. The bigger legends seem all over the place though, as they seem to all be 24x24, but then normal form deoxys jumps up to 32 for width, for some reason.

So basically, my advice would be go to a rom hacking community, they should have your answer in no time.

Hm. I've been looking over at Pokecommunity, but I can't seem to find it. Most of the sprite replacing tutorials are for the Pokémon in-battle, but I'll give it another go-through today.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I have a question i know this may sounds crazy im not sure where to go with this post so since i need some help...im using photoshop and i like to make userbars with moving sprites but do i have to make my own sprites to have this work? can i use sprites online on my userbars? sorry if i have the wrong thread i just didn't know where else to go :/

I have a question i know this may sounds crazy im not sure where to go with this post so since i need some help...im using photoshop and i like to make userbars with moving sprites but do i have to make my own sprites to have this work? can i use sprites online on my userbars? sorry if i have the wrong thread i just didn't know where else to go :/
You can either a) save some animated sprites to your harddrive and open those files on Photoshop. Treat them like you would in any animated work. The second option "b)" is to use the sprite sheets on this site and work the animation by yourself. The former choice is less time-consuming.

So unless you're going to completely scratch animated sprites yourself, it's suggested to get some online. ^_^ Hope this helps.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
You can either a) save some animated sprites to your harddrive and open those files on Photoshop. Treat them like you would in any animated work. The second option "b)" is to use the sprite sheets on this site and work the animation by yourself. The former choice is less time-consuming.

So unless you're going to completely scratch animated sprites yourself, it's suggested to get some online. ^_^ Hope this helps.

thanks Sweet May for help :) but the thing is im having a hard time opening the file to have it move if you know what i mean it stays as a image when i open the file...

edit: also working on that pose Artwork, the one in my sig is my first attempt i know its a bit pixelly don't mind that working on fixing it :p

Kalot3000

TM Collector
I remember that I used to do Trainer Cards, and I had a lot of fun doing that. Could anybody link me to some free to use templates, please?

Cc&B87

Kanto Trainer
How rare is it to do pokemon sprites feels like no one is interested any more and am the only one I still think it's creative and fun to do anyone out there still spriting?

Kalot3000

TM Collector
I dunno if this is right or this help I only do sprites but hope it does (feels like am the only one in the world who is still doing pokemon sprites and everything in that nature)

Thanks for your help! Does anyone have the Unova badges done in that style?

Asia

Hey everyone, I have been searching this site for a particular sprite and have not been able to find it!
Does anyone know where I can find an ANIMATED Shiny Deerling {Spring Form} Mini Sprite? Something like this::
tumblr_inline_mk7aon6Uju1qz4rgp.gif

But Deerling? I keep finding normal spring deerling, non animated ones. Please help!

Attachments

• tumblr_inline_mk7aon6Uju1qz4rgp.gif
    tumblr_inline_mk7aon6Uju1qz4rgp.gif
    541 bytes · Views: 455
Last edited: