• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spriter's Lounge

:::...Scizor...:::

I'm surprised this doesn't exist. o:

Here, discuss sprites or talk to other spriters, post your single sprites here to be rated etc.

Welcome to the Spriter's Lounge where you can chat with other spriters about spriting. Yep, have some rules so we aren't driven insane:

1. You can only post one sprite per page. There's 20 default posts per page so do the math, lol.
1a. You cannot repost the same sprite unless it was ignored for 2 pages but you are better off making something more shiny.
2. If you are posting sprites, that means you have to post CONSTRUCTIVE criticism towards everyone else. You can just walk in, post some random sprite, and walk out. If you're all going to be a ~friendly community~, then help each other out.
2a. Concerning constructive criticism, don't just tell someone "U SUX GTFO" or "omg its awesome make moar plz." Neither should you give them negative criticism that'll anger them or cause them to crawl into the corners of their bed and cry to sleep every night. You'll be stamped as a meanie and well infracted for insulting someone, depending on how harsh and heartless your post was. Basically be nice and be SPECIFIC on what they can do to make their sprite or general spriting skills look better.
3. ANYTHING NON-PIXELY DOESN'T BELONG HERE! Go to Fan Art for traditional/digital artkworks or Digital Media for banners/avatars/etc. Fan Comics if you got a sense of humor with strips.
4. Don't go off-topic. This is a spriting lounge so talk about sprites and only spriting. Leave the random talk for VMs or chats in messengers.
5. Get a gallery already!! (ignore this)
6. Do not post sprites you have created for SPPF contests. It's recommended you don't post something you recently made for your gallery but if you posted here, you can't post it in your gallery. (now you know why this thread is wrong?!)

So yeah you can chat about sprites or tips on spriting. Tutorials can be posted at the Sprite Tutorial thread but you can talk about the tutorials and maybe find an ~easier~ or better way to deal with them.

You have 3 chances to prove yourself here, guys. If you constantly break any of the rules, you'll be banned from this thread and all future posts will be trespassing and infracted for spamming. If you all are failing, then the thread will be closed!

I'll add these rules and stuff to the first post. Fan Sprite mods are free to edit them as you feel is necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Raiga-

It doesn't exist because its pretty much a thread full of spam, and is against a few of the fan sprite-forum rules I believe, as there should be a sprite in just about every post.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I dont know why, but i forgot what spites are.

Small pixelized images, generally for use in video games.

I think the reason this thread has never existed is because its against the rules. However, I have always wanted something like this, because I never was able to maintain a thread of my own and would have prefered a general thread to pop into every now and then.

There ain't nothing in the rules explicitly saying this isn't allowed. I think as long as we say only one sprite per person per two pages, it won't get too cluttered up with sprites, and as long as we all behave ourselves and don't start flaming eachother or something and respect eachother's views, I don't see why this shouldn't be allowed...

I think this thread is a good idea.

I quite like the idea. Like WPS, I find it incredibly hard to actually keep a sprite thread up to date.

-Raiga-

Oh yeah, I'm not disagreeing that I like the idea of it, moreso that I don't really get the idea the topic poster was taking many things into account when making the thread.

PkmnHunter

Well, because this is a place to post single sprites for rating :
http://i56.*******.com/j5uhqu.png

Alright, if this thread is going to get stickied I'll be happy to provide the first piece of crit.

You seem to know the basics of spriting. I.E Recoloring. You've actually done this quite well, but there are a few places where the outline isn't quite correct.

What you've done with the eyes is quite a good idea, but I don't think the color of the fire fits well with the color scheme. Maybe make one of the two lighter or darker?

So is this your first sprite?

PkmnHunter

This is my first sprite that isn't just an incredibly simple recolor, such as just changing the color of ponyta's fire. I thought of making the fire purple, but went with white instead.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to edit the color of animated sprites without making a new animation?(I want to recolor some of the black and white animated sprites)

EDIT: Actually I did make one retype for the summer sprite contest, but I think it turned out horribly.

wolftamer9

100 shots, 100 hits!
just fixed up my grass and water starters. (I'm loving 16 color palettes!)
scorplet.png
trepiont.png
applingert.png

woggert.png
lizuidt.png
liquingt.png

PkmnHunter

Those are wonderful sprites. You may want to reconsider the position of the legs on the second evolution of the water starter, they look a bit awkward. I like how the Grass starter's evolutions look like the first evolution simply grew older.

Wow, those are really good. I'm in love with the top right one. There's alot of detail there. But could I suggest making the outline shading a little darker?

BLABO

♧ yoo ♧
just fixed up my grass and water starters. (I'm loving 16 color palettes!)
scorplet.png
trepiont.png
applingert.png

woggert.png
lizuidt.png
liquingt.png

those are both really good, but for the grass types I recomend making their changes more drastic, because they look too similar to be starters, usually starters look quite different.

:::...Scizor...:::

Hey guys, I have a palette named "Rift" and recoloring Vulpix in that palette is a :D so I decided to recolor it and then animate it.

riftersd.gif

I also recolored a card of Vulpix in the same colors. How is it?

riftagain.png

PS Front and back sprites.
vulpro.png
riftvulx.png

PkmnHunter

Thats a really nice color scheme, and the card and animation are very well done. If I may post another:
http://i52.*******.com/28iq5vm.gif
This is my first sprite from scratch, so I know its pretty bad. I also kept it very simple, due to it being my first scratch sprite. It is an ice/steel type.