• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spriter's Lounge

It's usually of his head, not his back. And on Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott, all of their shells are detachable. That big one on his head is like a massive club in the form of a conch shell.

@Proby3 For a first 100% scratch repose, it is very impressive. The idea is very creative. Though the position of the right leg should be shorter. The muzzle seems disordered in comparision to its face. The eyes are too narrow and the head should be smoothen. The right side of the moustache should be nearer to the nose and the left should be a tad higher. My sincere apologies if I was too harsh.

I need help with a custom trainer sprite. Currently it's a work in progess, I sincerly hope it does not violate the rules.
be.png

It's a custom trainer sprite of this. http://fav.me/d3k5lah
I'm having difficulties with the scarf, the jacket and the boots. The character is meant to be floating. Both the scarf and jacket are meant flow out, but it is a lot harder than I had expected. As for the boots the upper parts do not turn out the way I had expected.
Guidelines would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

PkmnHunter

And on Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott, all of their shells are detachable. That big one on his head is like a massive club in the form of a conch shell.
:eek: Really? I didn't know that! Thats kinda cool.

@.:~Northen*Light*Suicune: Sorry, I have little knowledge of trainer spriting. I suggest making the boots a darker color, as they seem to blend in with his pants. I can't help you with the scarf or jacket, sorry :(

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I need help with a custom trainer sprite. Currently it's a work in progess, I sincerly hope it does not violate the rules.
be.png

It's a custom trainer sprite of this. http://fav.me/d3k5lah
I'm having difficulties with the scarf, the jacket and the boots. The character is meant to be floating. Both the scarf and jacket are meant flow out, but it is a lot harder than I had expected. As for the boots the upper parts do not turn out the way I had expected.
Guidelines would be highly appreciated.

I know it's not finished, but I'm going to treat it as if it were. Just because I have trouble getting myself in the right mindset.

Put a little more shading on the scarf. It just looks like a flat color from what I can see. (in fact, once I examined it, I see that it actually is just a flat color) Other than that, the pants and boots are the same color. Make the boots more brown instead of puke green color. Also, once you're done with the outline on the pants, make sure you make it the right color according to the light source. The pants also need some shading toward the shadow, and the fact that you even included a shadow indicates that there is a strong light source. Make sure you emphasize that.

Now, here's a piece of art by me. Made this, but never entered it in the contest I did it for:

Primeape_metal.png

C&Cs would be appreciated. Just a simple recolor, but I really like how it turned out.

BLABO

♧ yoo ♧
It's usually of his head, not his back. And on Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott, all of their shells are detachable. That big one on his head is like a massive club in the form of a conch shell.

actually samurott takes off his swords on his arms, not the one on his head. I know this from the 3DS pokedex thing X3

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
actually samurott takes off his swords on his arms, not the one on his head. I know this from the 3DS pokedex thing X3

Agreed, I don't know about the head shell being a weapon; I think it's really a helm, just as his legs have greaves (the foreleg ones doubling as sheathes for his swords).

PkmnHunter

@Gelatino That looks really good. I can't really find anything wrong with it. Did you post this on the GAC too, because I remember seeing it before?

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
Northern Light, that is really good. the only thing i would like to point out is that i think you need some shading on the pants, and that the shadow doesnt look like its coming from the guy. other then that its great.

Alder

Come at me bro
It's a pretty good re-type, but I'd like to see more scratching. Like maybe the smoke. Instead of CPing from Torkoal (and I could be wrong), maybe scratch it?

Anyway, glad to see this thread, because I can never keep up a gallery. But here's my latest. Garbodor/Reuniclus fusion.

http://i56.*******.com/1pb6er.gif

C+C? I know there's like no shading but that's how Garbodor's bag cloak and Reuniclus' body are; there's literally like no shading almost besides teh outlines. That's what i liked about this cuz I hate shading :p

Alder

Come at me bro
My mistake, then. It does look very similar

Peters

Combak Researcher
th_Example-1.png

Just a cloud-emon i created, basic really
@StonE EdgE

I wish that was real... Awesome, your good

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
So glad my young padawan is improving! Since it's just a recolor, there's not much I can say about it, other than the fact that it's well done. Try practicing other more advanced forms of spriting (like scratching *winkwinknudgenudge* XP), since you've pretty much mastered recoloring.

I'd also like to post something, it's my first scratch sprite. Obviously it's not the best, so I need tips on how to improve it.

iaza14983484474600.gif

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
What do you guys think of my Retype?

image.php

Wow, that is one of the best sprite fusions/retypes I've ever seen IMO. No criticism (as I can't think of anything you need to improve on it [accept the lava is spilling on the Serebii forums background!]), just complementing how great that sprite is. :)

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
Hey guys, what do ya' think of this Userbar? I kind of combined all of the things I've used in individual ones. Personally, I think it's a bit too much. XP

http://i52.*******.com/8vruom.png