• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spriter's Lounge

Also; a main question for the creator of this thread:

Could you explain the motivation behind this rule, please? I think I'm pretty free to post whatever I want in my gallery as long as it's not against SPPF's general rules or the specific Fan Sprites' rules. Basically, the extent of your rules governs this thread only (you don't have anything to say about what people do or say or post anywhere else), and that rule - from my point of view - is comparable to a club owner saying people can only post stuff in his club. This forum has few enough galleries as it is, and I think further discouraging them is not the way to go. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: noticed it's from Sweet May, apologies @ thread starter. The main question still stands though; I'd like to hear the motivation behind that specific rule?
It's just that if you post it here to get some critiques/etc, then posting it in your gallery thread will probably not receive all the attention it gained off here. It's not mandatory so you don't HAVE to follow the rule (hence the word "recommended") if you want to showcase all your things in the gallery, but don't cross-post. You can post the sprite here and get some critiques and then idk a month later, make a huge post on your gallery with "sprites made over the month + THIS NEW FUSION I JUST MADE R/R PLEASE". You just shouldn't place it in two threads at the same time.

But as you said, you're pretty much free to post whatever you want, except contest entries until the contest/round is over.

Manche

JzzBx.png

WHO TOUCHED MY SANDVICH?

BLABO

♧ yoo ♧
iaza04406929711800.gif

Sooo I was bored and went on an RNG and randomly generated two pokemon (out of all 649 or whatever it is) and they ended up being lampent and wobufett. C&C appreciated! :)

Bert

Untitled
The flame in the head is well done, but it's not really obvious. Also your body colors contrast too much. The shades of gray should transition way smoother. I think you should also add some glass-parts in it.. maybe the tail?

And please, get rid of that glow. Glows aren't cool, they just cover up flaws so we can't see them. Good if you want to win a competition or anything, but if you want to improve you'll want to make our flaw-spotting as easy as possible.

Manche, I have zero experience with trainer sprites but I think the head's shading looks a little off and you also need more black outline. Especially since the arms are nearly all black outline. It's not a scratch, btw, is it? (I don't know anything about 5th-gen, sadly :( )

Overall, pretty ok. Though you both shouldn't just post your sprite and ignore everyone else's, imho. We're a community, we help each other.

Toyo

Wandering Caretaker
Well, I wound this awesome, so I figured to post one of my personal favorites, Aquario!

iaza11483548983400.gif

and, as for Blabo's sprite, pretty good, but I dislike the glow. even if you had do the glow, maybe one that isn't completely unlike the sprite would help? like the purple of the flame.

Ixin

Hi. I'm taking computer programming at school and for my final project, I wanted to program a basic equivalent of pokemon with my own fakemon. So far I only made one poke, totally from scratch. Here it is:

I was gonna call it panyin, with the evolutions being yangda and pandao. (panda + daoism concept of yin and yang)
iaza14688445787300.png

This is my first ever scratch, and I haven't done much splicing etc. either. I just wanted some constructive criticism on how to improve it. I think the left (big) eye looks a bit weird and the pacifier in it's mouth is hard to understand. No matter how much I play with these parts though, I can't seem to make it look right. All help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Bert

Untitled
Yeah your eyes are a bit weird, basically the main problem is the white parts of them are perfectly round which gives your fakemon some kind of a creepy stare... I'd just look up similar real sprites (Teddiursa, maybe?) and try to mimic those. As for the actual spritework, if that is your first I'm pretty impressed but your shades need to contrast a little more (they're too similar and hard to tell apart). I also dislike the idea of a red flame combined with a blue pacifier, too confusing imo. As to how to make that last one look right, I think it's too much scratched in profile and should be more 3D, if you get what I mean.

Sorry for the late reply, but I hope this helps.

jmdavid12

Challenge Accepted
Well, about a week ago, I decided to try my hand at sprite recoloring. I'd kinda like to see what people think of my first one.

http://i41.*******.com/ioqk9f.jpg

If the background bothers you, I'll get rid of it.

Chronicler

Spriter at Soul
@jmdavid12: It's definitely not bad at all, I'll give you that. It's probably better than my first one in any case. Some friendly advice for you though: Make sure that all of the shades you are using are consistent with the color of the Pokemon. For instance, it looks like you are using a shade of purple for part of the shading on the blue Monferno. In addition, try not to make the shades too far apart, are they might clash too much.

The Monferno below is one that I recolored a fairly long time ago, and notice how the shades of green are similar, but not too similar that it makes the sprite look flat. The shades also aren't so far apart that they seem to be different colors or parts of the pokemon altogether.
e5003652.gif

One other thing I noticed: It looks like some of the outline on the Monferno is still red. When doing recolors, it'll always help to pick a dark shade of the color being used to replace the colored outlines that aren't black.

I hope I've helped. Good luck with your next sprite! ^_^

Leafeon1234

Pokemon Plush Maker
@Mekattak

Thats an awesome sprite, but i'm worried of how its tail is blue. It kinda takes the mind of the sprite onto the tail.

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
Thought I'd amuse myself and have a go at designing what Genesect would have looked like before Team Plasma's modifcations. Borrwed some design aspects from Kabutops, as I considered them somewhat similar. Keeping the cannon on his back comes from his Pokédex entry, stating "This ancient bug Pokémon was altered by Team Plasma. They upgraded the cannon on its back." Used the canon from Blastoise, as he's one of the few other Pokémon with a natural cannon, alongside Rhyperior and Magmortor.

Other sprites is with Scyther aspects instead (wings, claws, legs, colouring) and there's a Kabutops re-colouring too, but it's pretty much the same but brown. Decided on colouring him black due to apex predators not necessarily wanting to stand out (especially in purple). Used the colours from Ninjask, as he seemed to have the most demure colours of the bugs.

Genesect-BC-1.png
Genesect-BC2.png

Last edited:

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
What do you think of my licky?
iaza18404855200000.gif

That is very good! I have never made a licky, but by comparing it to PPL's it looks good!

With April coming up we will be having an April Fool's Day! I know that I'm early, but here is a Fakemon I just made.
ScizorEvo.png
It's an evolution to the Scyther line.

Ljbolser412

Typhloterra
@Dante Falls: Those are both amazing. I especially like the idea behind them. The one on the right could have a little bit of outline color changed where the arm/scythe/claw meets the rest of the arm. It's all black there, and a little bit of dark green outline may help. Other than that, they look awesome.

@LunGhost: Your licky is sweet. The shading is done well and makes it look great. Is it a Pokemon or just a cat?

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
I haven't been spriting in the longest time so I won't expect to get back into the (for lack of better words), "groove" of things.
Honestly I miss having people focus more on spriting but that's an argument for another time.

Anyways I made these two sprites not all too long ago; would love to have some feedback if anyone is willing.

A trainer with my pride and joy brainchild, Seldun
MIT4u.png

A Fawful sprite I made for one of the PokeCommunity sprite contests.
Ex7Op.png

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I love the dunceparce evo :) Only the shading on the wings looks a bit weard...

I don't care what you say, I really like the second thing. Crazy eyes for the win :) The only thing I don't like is the placement of feet

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
O
I haven't been spriting in the longest time so I won't expect to get back into the (for lack of better words), "groove" of thingsI
Honestly I miss having people focus more on spriting but that's an argument for another time.

Anyways I made these two sprites not all too long ago; would love to have some feedback if anyone is willing.

A trainer with my pride and joy brainchild, Seldun
MIT4u.png

That looks pretty good. Wish I could do something like that
A Fawful sprite I made for one of the PokeCommunity sprite contests.
Ex7Op.png
This one makes me laugh!

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Here's some more.
Edited the wing shading..
17jwu.png

And here's my idea of a water starter, my first fakemon scratch in a while and not completely done..
Owk4n.png

Again, feedback would be great (mostly on the last one) since I working myself out of a rut.

Last edited: