• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sprites by a duck

Duck Fella

Little Ninja
Hello there. I'm rather new to Scratch sprites, but i've been making things like fusions for about a month or so.

So, here are my first two scratch sprites. Opinions?

Dino_and_Man7570755373-iaza.gif

Chubby5520193569-iaza.gif

Mumu5227573646-iaza.gif

mumu_evo4626210287-iaza.gif

Rawr1288286456-iaza.gif

Last edited:

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
i like them :)

-Raiga-

They are both pretty simple, and the first one is fairly large given it has no real detail in it. However this shows you have a pretty good understanding of what to do.

Few things that need a little help though-

-Don't just shade things left to right without any though, thats how paper is shaded. You did shape all of the parts of light well, however the highlights kind of just throw everything off due to their position.

-You use way too much black, try using the darkest version of the color you using for light parts of the outline.

-Lastly some of the lines are fairly straight, but honestly the more you scratch and learn from existing sprites the more that goes away.

Good job, post some more if you have the chance.

Duck Fella

Little Ninja
-Don't just shade things left to right without any though, thats how paper is shaded. You did shape all of the parts of light well, however the highlights kind of just throw everything off due to their position.
Okay, thanks. I'll take that into account ^_^

-You use way too much black, try using the darkest version of the color you using for light parts of the outline.
I have used some shades on the outline of the second one, but I will try using a bit more.

-Lastly some of the lines are fairly straight, but honestly the more you scratch and learn from existing sprites the more that goes away.
Yeah, I see what your saying. Well, I guess my outlines will improve over time

Thansk for all the c+c and I will post more sprites whenever I make more ^_^

Duck Fella

Little Ninja
I've made a new sprite :D
Mumu5227573646-iaza.gif

I know it's a bit simple and basic, but hopefully his evolution will be a bit more, complicated.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
I like it but mabey a little bigger. I think this might be the smallest sprite I have seen

Duck Fella

Little Ninja
Well, Pichu and Igglybuff are rather small Pokemon, so small Fakemon can exist too.

And if that's the smallest sprite you've ever seen, well.

Finished his Evo

Last edited:

-Raiga-

Well, Pichu and Igglybuff are rather small Pokemon, so small Fakemon can exist too.

And if that's the smallest sprite you've ever seen, well.

Finished his Evo

The outline is better, but the teeth are the main problem. In addition to being ridiculously simple, they wouldn't be functional at all in this current state, being that squarish and all. Also don't forget that the teeth need to be shaded just the same as anything else. Given the way you have the teeth it doesn't look like shading each one individually would be a good idea, something simlple like this would work.

example6505554698-iaza.gif

Of course like I said its simple, so just a one color outline for the teeth might not be a good idea, but its more along the lines of what I would do. Of course its you sprite though, so choose what you feel is right.

Duck Fella

Little Ninja
Ah, I thought it's face looked a bit odd, and now I see what it was xD

thanks for pointing that out

Finished another sprite.
Chubby5520193569-iaza.gif

Last edited:

Duck Fella

Little Ninja
Clearly just editing my posts isn't getting people to check my sprite thread for updates, so I'll post again.

Anyway, 2 new dinosaurs =3
Rawr1288286456-iaza.gif

-Raiga-

Clearly just editing my posts isn't getting people to check my sprite thread for updates, so I'll post again.

Anyway, 2 new dinosaurs =3
Rawr1288286456-iaza.gif

This isn't to insult you by any means, but there are people FAR better than you who have/had threads getting literally less posts than you have now. Especially now is a bad time to have a sprite thread, as the place is practically dead right now.

As for the new sprites, well the first one is extremely small by any standard, I can't make out almost any details even when I was zoomed in.

The second just kind of suffers from some of you older problems, like straight lines(specifically the mouth), and some odd ways of shading.

The main newer problem I've noticed is the contrast between your shades. Obviously you would want to have enough to discern between the two or three of them, but for instance on the bigger dinosaur his blue belly goes straight from light blue to crazy dark blue in an instant.

Just make sure you spend a little time away from the computer after working on a sprite and check back on it later, as little problems like this should be apparent then.

Duck Fella

Little Ninja
Yeah, I noticed that after I'd posted :c

The first one is smaller than I'd hoped for, so I'll try making a larger version.

And thanks for the c+c on the 2nd one ^_^