• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sprites, From a Dragon?

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
I want to set a goal for this thread. I want to create sprites that not only have a good concept, but also are fun to look at, have great colors, and look freaking sweet.

clowngrsstrans.png

grass.png
( http://www2.istockphoto.com/file_thu...ny-glasses.jpg )
The Groucho Pokemon

egyptbirdtrans.png

flying.png
normal.png

The High Soaring Pokemon

celltrans.png

water.png
psych.png

The Microscopic Pokemon

icetriotrans.png

ice.png
dark.png

The Rebirth Pokemon

firetriotrans.png

fire.png
dark.png

The Destruction Pokemon
Thankyou for coming, the thread should grow rapidly (hopefully).

Last edited:

Atari

Did it on 'em
With only one sprite to look at, there's not much for people to comment on. :/

What is this sprite's name, if it has one? What are some specifications of it? Grass Clown doesn't much describe anything, and by looking at it I can't quite tell what it is.

Its supposed to look goofy, its a clown pokemon. :p

Ohh, ok. So that is your plan with all of them I assume. The new one looks even better. ^^ What the things on his chin? You should put up where the idea of the Pokemon came from in the first post.

Rapid Distortion!

Amateur Philosopher
Alright. Want some legit crit? Too bad, I don't care. You're gettin it.

Grass Clown- What? No. If your goal for this thread is sprites that are "fun to look at", this guy just made you fail that goal. He's horribly ugly, reminds me more of a drug addict than a clown. Someone already mentioned his nose, and you should listen. Its gross. Clown noses are red balls, not droopy brown-orange sausages. Love the rest of his body structure, very nice idea with the hair tufts. His eyes... please, please change the color. Gross once again. Blue or something, if he's a clown. and give his some damned happy clown makeup.

High Soaring- Awesome. Wicked. I really like this guy. I'll find some stuff to fix for ya. Okay, for the angle that his eyes are aimed at, his wings have been given way too much of an angle. The left one (when we look at it) is far too small. Also, feathers on the bigger wing (especially the end of it) look awkward. The one deep break in them might be the cause, or the strangely askew tips of all of them. Love the hanging banner things, but the Left one has problems. They're flat, right? So why doe that one look kinda rounded? If you make it from the side like I kinda see it, fix the thickness of it. The curve on the left/bottom side of it is too perfect a curve, I think thats what I'm trying to get at. And it tapers from small to wayyy to wide. Other than that, great work on him.

Really love your type markers, look super sweet. Another thing- Lots of people like making flying a first type rather than second, but if he's gonna have flying first, take away the normal please. Very good work on everything, hope to see more soon man.

EDIT: Found one other thing, on the flying type tag, it doesn't have a capital F. that's annoying :p

Last edited:

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
The "clown" isn't supposed to be a clown anymore. I forgot to change the description. Its based off of Groucho Marx. Its supposed to look weird. I will consider changing the eye color though.

I fixed the bird's wings and things. The left banner is curled up because its flying. That's why it looks that way.

I greatly appreciate such great crit, you are welcome to my thread anytime.

Massa

I LOVE THE MARX BROTHERS

I think if you don't want people to keep commenting on the nose, you'll probably need to add your source material to the first post. I'm not sure there is quite enough information to make it too obvious it's based off him-you might give it a pseudo-stache and dark eye markings to represent the glasses. Other than that, I think it's very unique. Are you planning on making pokemon based off of Harpo and Chico?

I agree with Rapid Distorition! that you need to change the lowercase 'f' to a capital, it's a bit distracting.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
The High Soaring Pokemon looks awesome! I think it could fit in perfectly in a Pkmn game.

Though, I was expecting I'd be like a Flying/Psychic type. But hey, it's your sprite, and it's still cool.

gtab x3

The Doom pokemon looks rather neat and clean, i like it, but the head is bothering me, if you know what i mean

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
firetriotrans.png

fire.png
dark.png

The Destruction Pokemon

Destruction/fire part of trio. This one is attack orientated.

I changed doom to rebirth because ice seemed peaceful. It is sp.attack orientated.

Electric is last on the list.

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
celltrans.png

water.png
psych.png

The Microscopic Pokemon

Ok, I made a pokemon based on a cell. Decided to make it part psychic because of the nucleus. I'm trying to work out a position for the electric part of the trio. Should come soon.

Pika-Freaka

I like your sprites a lot, even though the nose on Groucho looks awkward. I know what it is supposed to look like and it does a lot, but it is still bothering me. Also, as other people said, you need to capitalize your ''Fs'' in fire and flying. Other than that, good job.