• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sprites from a... Spriter!!

Which repose is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draco_Patil

Splice Spriter
Sorry. no...
I was just looking for a fusion partner with torterra out of which I could make the shell into something, And I picked Blastoise since they are both tortoises so....

EDIT: I hope Im allowed to give a link to my vids at tyoutube.
here is my channel: SidMGX
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Crossel

Path to power.
BUMP-EXTREME MODE!!

Newest scratch:
Beagrass-1.png

Reference from Munchlax. Couldnt get the eyes and mouth right :/

It's kinda good, compared to the other one it's better.
Problem is with what you made is.
The shading may need some more practice, it looks abit pillowshaded at some parts.
Not badly pillowshaded but just a tiny bit, you should look at munchlax's shading and maybe reshade the thing.
Also I think the leave on his head needs some fixing, it looks abit copy/pasted, and that way it doesn't look real.
it's a small sprite so not much crit for it.

Read the rules of the signatures, you will find whatver you need there, i think haha

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Flareon!
They're cute! The chaos and the revamps, I mean.
These are so good, my head will explode in: five, four,one, BOOOM!!!!

SEE YA LATER!

Flareon(i think)

You rock! Your splices look flawless. Mind if i tag this?

Only something bother me, you sometimes shove colour into tiny spritelines.

You must find SOMETHING wrong with it, I know thats not my best scratch sprite...there is something wrong..with the shading maybe -_-'
sorry XD

well the spike on the chest looks a bit to blank but thats maybe the original lucario to.
The spikes on the arms isn exactly of the best placement compared to the original lucario.

Edit: rank up woohoo i just gone from jasmine to the old man pryce yaaay(sarcastic)

trixie08

Speak No Evil
Flareon

Those splices are wonderful! Some of them look a bit weird, but still, a lot of them are very cool and imaginative!

Last edited:

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
ooh i wunna crit your scratch!! your bear, 'tis simply awsome!!!! an origional pose complimented by great contouring. hawver, one thing i think you could change is the face, it's there! it doesn't sink in, it doesn't really pop out, its just there.

for allsake don't change the face itself, the face is brilliant. just get some shadow under the nose and very subtle ones under the eyes. but don't make me a realiable influence, i'm not the best scratcher... :'

tip: sometimes when i just pump the contrast a little between two shades, my sprite ends up looking quite awesomer.

Blaziken/Lucario: haven't seen these two fused, and it kicks Aschscss.
the only flaw isn't really a flaw just get the darker blue on its neck to agree with the lightsource. in short it was really hard to find something wrong with it.

supercool. keep@it
~wily

EDIT: are you judging one of the contests?

Draco_Patil

Splice Spriter
Thanks wily!
And yeah, I have trouble picking colours....
Blaziken Lucario is full of flaws if you look closely, I can spot around five off the bat, but I guess its expected as i made it :p
As I said, no spriting until Saturday,coz then I get a new mouse.
And for christmas Im getting a tablet :D so you can expect non sprite art from me in 2009 !!

GDE

Palette Professor
sweet jeebus O_O
I'm sorry, but I really have to say... this is not.... and far from one of your best sprites DX
why?
1. The legs look really weird because of the pose of deoxys
2. the fin on the arm does not have the best of shading and looks like it was just slapped on
The head, back fin, and tentacles(?) are good though......
good luck on your next sprite

Draco_Patil

Splice Spriter
@ GDE:
I did spend time on the hand fin...>> but yeah its terrible

@HS:
I know, I got that jibe from elsewhere too...

I've been kinda off-tuned lately, must be due to all my scholwork that never gives me time to practice

Anyways here's a revamp from trace:
Revamp-WigglytuffG.png