• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spriting Attempts

Petal

Care to elaborate?
Hello, I've been inspired by numerous threads and I've decided to start 'trying' sprite.

O.K, I've taken a few things into account and I've come up with these two;

EeveeWhismurColoured-1.png

This Eevee was recoloured using Whismur's colour
scheme and I think it turned out good :)

I've attempted to Fuse a Larvitar and a Pikachu
LarvitarPikachu-1.png

Again I think it turned out alright just
the head looks a bit odd O_O.

Recolours

Recolours.png

I decided to give recolouring a go, the golden coloured pokemon were done using Pelliper's gull? Which I found had just the right colours to get a gold-ish effect. My favourite out of these would have to be the swablu.

AipomEgg.png

-I think this one turned out O.K although the left ear and tuft of hair on top look a bit like they've just been whacked on.

EeveeEgg.png

-This was probably one of my better ones, although I had to make the bottom of the tail myself which was a bit of a challenge. I believe it turned out quite good.

MewEgg.png

-This one just doesn't look right... I couldn't really find a second colour for the egg's spots so I decided to use the blue eyes, the tail turned out alright and I added the 'horns' ontop.

PikachuEgg.png

-This little Pikachu turned out O.K although I accidently changed what was the light reflection on the egg into a spot o_O.. The left ear could of had a bit more work on it.

SentrettEgg.png

-The Sentrett looked alright, I should of used a different colour for the egg's spots and put the ears a little closer together, the tail was a pain in the neck to connect to the egg.

Constructive Criticism Please

Last edited:

PurpleMew

no promises
Thankyou hehe, is there anything wrong with them that you think I could improve on?

Yes there is, try to scratch the parts on the egg instead of just copying and pasting the parts one.

Other than that the coloring is good and i can't see any other flaws in them.

Good work.

Also PM a mod to move this to fan sprites.

Petal

Care to elaborate?
Edit: Added Recolours to first post.
My two favourite recolours would have to be the Swablu and Hitmonchan, the Swablu I think looks great with the gold wings and dark body, and the shading on Hitmonchan's face I just fell in love with. The wings on the Scizor I think look good as well, just a small dose of light blue :)

Last edited:

Bert

Untitled
Your Latias recolour needs a darker shade of pink for the outline.
The Aipom egg looks pretty bad (the ear thign you pointed out) but most of the others are okay I guess. Fix the Pikachu spot issue though.

Try fusing to get a better eye for colouration and blabla.

Petal

Care to elaborate?
Most of the eggs were mediocre efforts and as for the pink outline on the Latias, I was using Whismur as a colour palette, I should of picked something which had a larger variety of pink.
About the no outlines on some of them, they were a bit rushed but thankyou for pointing it out to me.

Keep the comments flowing please.

bob_is_cool

back again...
for your recolors, if you use ms paint and you are missing a certain shade, you can adjust the color of one of the default colors until you get what you want.

they are good overall

Petal

Care to elaborate?
for your recolors, if you use ms paint and you are missing a certain shade, you can adjust the color of one of the default colors until you get what you want.

they are good overall

Thanks for that, Yes I did use MS Paint for these, I do own Photoshop CS2 though I thought it'd be easier to do them in Paint, less nabs to worry about.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I like them! Do you take requests?

Petal

Care to elaborate?
Thankyou for the nice comments and I may do a request if you tell me which pokemon you wanted coloured and which colours.

Yet again, updated the first post with a few more of my mediocre sprites.

Xenaero

The Sun Will Rise~
The fusion between Larvitar and Pikachu is very nice, and I like the touches to the personalized eggs. Nice work, so far. One thing I'd suggest is mixing around the spots on the eggs for a more unique look.