• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spriting superstars 3:the contest

• Thread starter English Avatarman
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

English Avatarman

It's a day later than planned but here is the 3rd SS!

the judging system is different every year, this year I'm judging them overall!

rules: all entries must be Shaded, 3rd generational and made by the poster. no-one ask to be a judge. only mixes, revamps, custom(sprite or pixel art) and scratch (Sprite and pixel art)

judging: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th will be displayed with explanations!

ends new years day

any further details needed, ask by pm or post it here!

approved by Dragonfree

x9ss

CHARIZARD ROXXORS!
mypokeeveded.png
for best custom

E

English Avatarman

Btwtocioa

BTW, the only catogory is over all!

D

Dawnstar

The overall best sprite doesn't seem fair...pixel art, custom, and mixes don't match up too well in judging, it's obvious that either an advanced pixel art or an extremely well-done custom would beat any mix someone makes...

Please try to actually make the topic more clear, because so far it just makes no sense to me. (btw, i'm not entering, i am not too interested in the contest's set-up) Just saying...

E

English Avatarman

Htwidiida20nhbaciiuttaniiiaao(cos)wboadstmar

Quote:​
Originally Posted by Dawnstar
The overall best sprite doesn't seem fair...pixel art, custom, and mixes don't match up too well in judging, it's obvious that either an advanced pixel art or an extremely well-done custom would beat any mix someone makes...

Please try to actually make the topic more clear, because so far it just makes no sense to me. (btw, i'm not entering, i am not too interested in the contest's set-up) Just saying...

here's the way I'll do it,
I'll draw a 20 numbered hollow bar and colour it in up to the apropriet number.
if it is an advantaged one (custom and scratch) will be on a different scale to mixes and revamps

Shed

Spikeshell Trainer
I agree with Dawn that the judging will be unfair if there's only one, overall category. The proposed categories (Mix, Revamp, Scratch/Custom) should not be part of the Overall, but individual categories.

Plus, what's the difference between 'Scratch' and 'Custom', other than the name?

Guraena

Yeah, one category isn't going to work. It would probably take too long to judge anyway. If you're going to make the contest, atleast split it up into Best Revamp, Fake, Mix, Scratch, etc. categories. >_>;;

Shed: They're the same! D:
xD

Nevermore

mostly lurking
something recent... oh well, i might as well enter this in scratch, i ahve nothing better at the mo.
firestarter3.png

and scratch and custom are different. scratch is made from... well, scratch, and custom is a sprite that has been customised. for example, my fake there is scratch, but if i did up a charizard to ook like that by changing the head a little, the tail, removing the wings, changing the arms, that sort of thing, that would be custom.

mewga

Volcano Trainer
rival.png

I'll enter this.

Last edited:

Shed

Spikeshell Trainer
Poochyena said:
Shed: They're the same! D:
xD
As I thought.

Erm... Iill wait to know if anything is going to change... If categories are split, I'll enter. If not, I doubt it.

E

English Avatarman

good, anayway,
you were warned in th results of SS 2. If you wanted say anything you should have said it then!

Status
Not open for further replies.