1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by BronzeHeart92, Nov 15, 2018.

1. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 Member

This tuesday, the remake of the classic Spyro trilogy was released to the masses on both PS4 and Xbox One. Who among you has bought the remade trilogy already? Discuss your impressions and experiences you got here. Even if you haven't touched a Spyro game yet at all, hopefully Spyro Reignited Trilogy will win you over regardless.

2. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

The first time I played a Spyro game was at my uncle's house on his PS1. It made a great impression on me since I've been a fan of it since. Sadly I never got to play any of the original games due to not owning a Playstation myself. I hope the Reignited Trilogy comes out on the Switch sometime next year because it'd give me the chance to play it. I think its possible since there's a rumor it will and that Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy was released on it aswell.

3. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 Member

Nice to hear. Yeah, hopefully this trilogy can in fact appear on the PC as well at some point. Imagine all the fun I would have...

4. M.P.

M.P. Ghastly Gamer

I will be getting this for Christmas, despite having never played a Spyro game before (my brother had Enter the Dragonfly, but I never played it). Judging by the trailers the game looks really good, not a fan of the "physical version only has first game and other two must be downloaded" thing though.

5. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 Member

We sure are living in interesting times, huh?

6. pokedigijedi

pokedigijedi Saiyan Jedi

I would like to play this game but I don't have a PS4 nor an Xbox One but then again I have no real interest in getting either system so I will wait and hope it comes out on the Switch

7. Silent_Jay

Silent_Jay Well-Known Member

Won't be getting it yet but looking too once it goes down in price. I'm a fan of the original trilogy that I played back on the PS1 so looking forward to playing this new remaster. The trailers look stunning and if the quality is anything like Crash N.Sane Trilogy (which im slowly playing through now) it will be awesome.

8. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

I really want to play these games because the only other ones I have played are Dawn of the Dragon, Skylanders Spyros Adventure, and Skylanders Giants. The later two having very little to do with Spyro to begin with.

9. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 Member

Or PC as would be the case on my end.

10. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Protector

Aaaagh, I would really like to try out this game, but I’d prefer to have it on Switch. Although I have never played a Spyro game before, I did used to have some kind of vague interest in the series in the past but never acted on it. When Reignited was first announced, that was when I realized how much I wanted to finally try out Spyro. Observing news of the game throughout the year, the amount of effort that was put into it looks phenomenal, seeing how Toys for Bob has tried to incorporate as much feedback from fans as possible. The art and designs look amazing, and this kind of gameplay I feel is something I would enjoy a lot. Looking forward to it being released for Switch/PC and having it widely accessible for everyone.

11. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Blizzard Maiden

I have fond memories playing the original Spyro games but it is a shame the Reignited Trilogy is only for the PS4 and Xbox One for now. Here’s hoping a Switch release some time in the future.

12. Ambyssin

Ambyssin Definitely a winter

I have it, but sadly haven't had the time to play it due to a busy work schedule. Was honestly looking forward to this more than a certain Pokémon-related remake. With that said, two things I feel compelled to point out:

1) The game's camera liberally employs motion blur to compensate for the game being 30 FPS and, well, it's been giving people (including prominent YouTubers) motion sickness. Hopefully they add a patch that softens the motion blur. Related to that...
    2) This game had a really troubled production, apparently. Like, Activision wanted it rushed out, Toys for Bob dug their heels in, so Activision went and hired an entirely different development studio, Sanzaru Games (of Sly 4 and Sonic Boom 3DS fame), to handle Year of the Dragon.