• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spyro the Dragon Fans!

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Hey guys! I was just curious if anyone else here is familiar with Spyro the Dragon. Next to Pokémon (which is saying a lot since there aren't too many video games that I absolutely LOVE more than any others), the Spyro games are my favorites of all time! :D In case you don't know who Spyro is, he is a little purple dragon who helps save the world by using his horns and fire breath to defeat all of the bad guys threatening to destroy his world! The Spyro video games I own include:

Spyro the Dragon (PS1)
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (PS1)
Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (PS2)
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (PS2)
Spyro: A New Beginning (this series is my personal fave, and we own it for the PS2 and DS)
Spyro: The Eternal Night (PS2)
Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (Wii)
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (Wii)
Skylanders: Giants (Wii)

As you can see, we own very many Spyro games! XD And I love each and every one in its own unique way. :3 I have even joined a Spyro forum! :D So, does anyone here absolutely LOVE Spyro the Dragon as much as I do? :)

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Went downhill after the PS1 games. Just like Crash Bandicoot.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Ah, I see. I respect your opinion, but unfortunately I don't agree with it (although Crash is cool, but I love Spyro MUCH better...but again this is just my opinion)! ;)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The original trilogy was awesome, and I wish someone would come along and attempt to make games like those again. Never played any of the others, but Enter the Dragonfly looks mildly interesting if broken (certainly not something I'd spend more than a few bucks on), while Hero's Tail looks okay. Not sure the Legend of Spyro trilogy would interest me, I'm kind of iffy about beat em up games.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Enter the Dragonfly is the GLITCHIEST GAME IN HISTORY. No joke. So yeah, unless you are a hard-core Spyro fan (like me), you will want to stay away from that game at all costs. A Hero's Tail is MUCH better (in my opinion). Just warning you, Bolt! ;)

Anyways, what do you mean, Dread? I looked up the key word "Spyro" in the search engine for this site and nothing came up, so I thought I would make a thread about him myself. ;) But I'm so happy that there are Spyro fans on this site! (even if I don't agree about the Spyro games slowly starting to go downhill after the PS1 ones, LOL). ;)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Enter the Dragonfly is the GLITCHIEST GAME IN HISTORY. No joke. So yeah, unless you are a hard-core Spyro fan (like me), you will want to stay away from that game at all costs. A Hero's Tail is MUCH better (in my opinion). Just warning you, Bolt! ;)

I'm well aware of how broken Enter the Dragonfly is, I still want to play it anyway.

Anyone play the Legend of Spyro trilogy? How is it?

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Anyways, what do you mean, Dread? I looked up the key word "Spyro" in the search engine for this site and nothing came up, so I thought I would make a thread about him myself. ;) But I'm so happy that there are Spyro fans on this site! (even if I don't agree about the Spyro games slowly starting to go downhill after the PS1 ones, LOL). ;)

It was probably deleted by the mods, but I recall a year or so ago someone made a Spyro thread. It started out fine, but after a page or so, someone said something dumb, people began to ostracize him/her for it, and the following 3+ pages were nothing but a classic case of cyberbullying.

Just to keep this on topic, the Legend of Spyro series is okay. Very different. Elijah Wood did a fantastic job voicing Spyro. A Hero's Tail is also okay. A bit frustrating at times. And everyone should avoid Enter the Dragonfly at all costs.

Pyroli

Banned
I'm well aware of how broken Enter the Dragonfly is, I still want to play it anyway.

It's alright. You just have to keep the original games out of your head while playing them and go in with a clean slate kinda thing. I particularly like The Eternal Night, and I'm not big on Dawn Of The Dragon.

Enter The Dragonfly is meh, I don't absolutely despise it but they tried much too hard to emulate the original three.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
The Legend of Spyro series is my favorite Spyro games of all! I love each and every one of them, although I don't like Dawn of the Dragon quite as much...but yeah, lots of people hate the series, others (like me) love it, so it is just a matter of personal opinion. ;)

Ok, I understand now Dread...*sigh* Why can't people just get along without any bullying or anything involved? :/ And I agree with you SpyroxPikachu on the Enter the Dragonfly part of your statement. ;)

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I used to be a Spyro fan since my childhood and I enjoyed their games, but I sadly say that the new Spyro from the Skylanders doesn't look the same Spyro that I know, and I really don't like Skylanders, personally. What all can say is that since Skylanders, I'm no longer A true Spyro fan, but still I respect and admire to my favorite purple dragon. I hope that there a chance that Spyro can grain his popularity again like his first 3 games.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!

Well, the trilogy was great for me in overall, I love Dawn of the Dragon(last game of the trilogy), but it wasn't the answer to get Spyro back to the tracks after the downfall. The games were received average critics, but it still good enough to buy it. I think that if the games have more features it will receive better results. I could recommend to play if you are willing to play it.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I enjoyed the demos on Crash Warped and CTR, but I never got the actual games; by the time I got a PS! and discovered the demos, stores were getting rid of their PS1 games. Still, I would like to try them.

ForeverFlame

It makes me really happy knowing that someone is this enthusiastic over Spyro.

The Spyro trilogy was a guilty pleasure of mine, but Skylanders pretty much killed Spyro for me.

Haunter ゴースト

Loved the original 5 spyro games (the latter two not so much), tried the new trilogy and was distraught at how much it changed. I eventually gave up at it, and laughed at yet another so called reboot called 'Skylanders' which literally has no relation to Spyro beside the character being in the game. Skylanders was the point in which I realised the franchise is dead, which is a god damn shame since it was my favourite thing to play during my childhood.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
It makes me really happy knowing that someone is this enthusiastic over Spyro.

The Spyro trilogy was a guilty pleasure of mine, but Skylanders pretty much killed Spyro for me.

I quite agree that Skylanders make Spyro worse, but I also take into consider that Enter the Dragonfly really was a bust and affected alot to the franchise. Skylanders kill the cool-looking Spyro into a gremlin.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I loved the original trilogy, just a lot of fun to play through and I'm sad that Insominac decided not to continue with it. Having said that though, I did like what I played of Legend of Spyro, the gameplay could get repetitive here and there but it was still a good game and I liked what they're trying to do with the story. Haven't played Skylanders but from what I've heard I'm not impressed by it, it seems more like a new game series with Spyro (and Cynder) on it for recognition.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The only Spyro game I've played is Skylanders and I love it