• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spyro the Dragon Fans!

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Wow, I am so happy that there are so many Spyro fans here! :D Although I do love the Skylanders series, I respect everyone's opinions...but I DO agree that Skylanders really isn't a "Spyro" game...it just has him in it. I mean, come on, his name is probably not mentioned in the game even ONCE...ok, MAYBE once, but hardly... :/

But anyways, if you love Spyro Zoruagible, than I REALLY recommend playing any of the other Spyro games, ESPECIALLY the originals if you can. Because Skylanders (in my opinion) is not a true Spyro game, as I have already stated, although I do still love it. I love his design in it, actually, but I still prefer any of his other, older designs over the Skylanders one. ;3

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
Wow, I am so happy that there are so many Spyro fans here! :D Although I do love the Skylanders series, I respect everyone's opinions...but I DO agree that Skylanders really isn't a "Spyro" game...it just has him in it. I mean, come on, his name is probably not mentioned in the game even ONCE...ok, MAYBE once, but hardly... :/

But anyways, if you love Spyro Zoruagible, than I REALLY recommend playing any of the other Spyro games, ESPECIALLY the originals if you can. Because Skylanders (in my opinion) is not a true Spyro game, as I have already stated, although I do still love it. I love his design in it, actually, but I still prefer any of his other, older designs over the Skylanders one. ;3

Yea, I agree that the 3 original were the best, Year of the Dragon was my favorite of the 3. I really miss my childhood. Well, I see that you are a "true" Spyro fan, since you like most Spyro games even Skylanders and admiring that the original are the best.

Haunter ゴースト

If I had to rate them all in order it'd go as followed:

Spyro The Dragon: - Amazing, fun game with a good plotline.
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage: - Amazing fun sequel with a strong enough plotline to keep the franchise going.
Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon: - Same as 2.
Spyro 4: Enter the Dragonfly: - Fun game, shame it had little to non-storyline and felt as if everything was pointless.
Spyro 5: A Heroes Tail: - Fun game, a noticeable difference in the franchise. The game was good, but it strayed away from the originals a little too much and it didn't have an incredibly in-depth storyline like the first three.

The Legend of Spyro Trilogy: Good storyline and such, personally for me the change and difference was too much. I didn't want a reboot at all. The games were actually good (although the second and third were incredibly difficult stressing me out a lot which takes away from the fun) and the trilogy definetly offered something new. I can see why people would like/love this trilogy, but for me alone, I preferred the originals.

Skylanders: Not a Spyro game in my eyes. Having a character from a franchise doesn't make a stand alone game part of it. If that were the case, Donkey Kong is a Mario Game, and Wreck It Ralph is a Sonic the Hedgehog game.

TheGreaterLucario

Y'know, I never really paid too much attention to Spyro (other than 'he's a dragon, which makes him totally awesome'), until I looked into the plotlines of the Legend of Spyro trilogy. I must say, I really support SpyroxCynder. Oh, and I can describe Malifor in one word: ***hole. I mean, let's see: He a.) kills off most of the other dragons in his attack on the Dragon Temple (or whatever it's called), b.) corrupts Cynder into helping him destroy the world,and c.) causes a ton of emotional harm to Spyro that at one point he just about GIVES UP ("...because.... you've left me with nothing to fight for.") I normally don't put a dragon on my "most hated video game villains" list, but Malifor has earned himself a spot on it.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Lucario, thanks for the feedback, but the truth is that the Legend of Spyro series is my absolute favorite, with Skylanders ranking a close second. This doesn't mean I don't like the classic series (I still love them, I HAVE been playing them for years and years), but I just thought I would recommend the original series to Zoruagible so he can get a fresh taste on the true Spyro series. You know? Since the Legend trilogy is amazing to me, but it still isn't what should replace the original games in my eyes, I think you shouldn't play those first and then play the classic games. Y'know? Because if you don't like the classic games (and I almost don't know how anybody couldn't), then the Spyro games are probably not for you. ;)

Cool lineup Haunter, but I would probably change some things around if it was my lineup, y'know? But I do like and respect your opinions. ;)

TheGreaterLucario, I do have to agree with Malifor being so so darn EVIL! Like seriously... and to prove my point, there is a big, no HUGE difference between the evilness in Nasty Gnorc and Malifor. Like really! (although I do like Nasty Gnorc in the original games for who he is, lol). ;P

Zim Del Invasor

The original trilogy are the only Spyro games; to claim anything was released after YotD is downright blasphemy.

I'm currently listening to a playlist of all the songs from the original Spyro games. It's pretty awesome. The Lofty Castle theme makes me swoon.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
I've never played Spyro on psp or something like that, but I did had a little tool that looked like a gameboy from McDonalds Happy meal xD. I was seriously enslaved on the thing untill my mom threw it away, it really made me sad :c. That little dragon is really adorable xD!!

Mitran

Finally, people who have the same Spyro obsession as me! I own each game besides Skylanders Giants. The list:

Spyro the Dragon (PS1)
Ripto's Rage (PS1)
Year of the Dragon (PS1)
Enter the Dragonfly (PS2)
A Hero's Tail (PS2)
Season of Ice (GBA)
Season of Fire (GBA)
Attack of the Rhynocs (GBA)
Spyro Orange (GBA)
Crash Purple (GBA)
Shadow Legacy (DS)
A New Beginning (GBA)
Eternal Night (DS)
Dawn of the Dragon (Wii)
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (Wii)

Most likely overlooked one or two. I've beaten the first three, working on (wish me luck) Enter the Dragonfly. All I need to do is finish the last world and defeat Ripto.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
I recently started playing Spyro 3 again for the sake of nostalgia. It's still as fun as it was when I played it as a kid!

Born Better

God of Lightning
Never played skylanders, and never will. Not because I don't think it's a true spyro game, but because of the toys. I refuse to buy toys just to play a video game.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Woah, what have I missed! Sorry for replying so late everyone, but thanks for all of the feedback everyone! :)

@xYachu - If you liked that toy so much (I used to have one of those, but a similar experience happened to me son I don't have it anymore :( ), than you should try playing the games! Trust me, if you liked that little device, you will probably LOVE the actual games! :D

And I am so glad to know that there are other Spyro fans besides me! :D

@Mitran - The list of Spyro games we own is pretty similar to yours, minus the GBA versions of the games. :) You should totally get Skylanders: Giants if you can! It is awesome! :D

@Born Better - I understand, although the game is really awesome, and you don't HAVE to buy more than the three toys that come in the main package, although the game is made a LOT easier if you do. Although you won't be able to ever fully finish the game, access all areas, or get all of the rewards for challenges if you don't... :/

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
@Born Better - I understand, although the game is really awesome, and you don't HAVE to buy more than the three toys that come in the main package, although the game is made a LOT easier if you do. Although you won't be able to ever fully finish the game, access all areas, or get all of the rewards for challenges if you don't... :/

See, I know a lot of games have exclusive content, but most games offer at least to get a few good items without spending more than you have to. There are to many figures to play the damn game . I was in a game store and a kid was like "I don't use the spyro thing, he's rubbish". I could have hurt him.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
OMG, A KID ACTUALLY SAID THAT?! :O :mad: If I heard a kid say that, I don't know what I would do! Probably lecture him about Spyro's amazing history as a game character and why he is so AWESOME! Seriously, kids these days... and I am fourteen. XP

P.S. I see where you are coming from here, and I respect your opinion, although I still love the game to bits and pieces. ;)

Astinus

Haha, then I'm almost afraid to admit that I haven't really used Spyro in Skylanders. Zap is my go-to character for the game, though I am partial to Sonic Boom and Stealth Elf. I like their moves and controls better.

I am still a Spyro fan, though. I've been playing the series since the demo disc of the first one came out years ago. Like others, the original trilogy by Insomniac is my favorite, though I will say that the story line of the second trilogy draws me in. I just don't really like the playing style. When I think of Spyro, I think of exploring places and collecting whatever items they include in the games. Missed that way too much to really enjoy the Legend of Spyro games. Will admit that A Hero's Tail is an amazing game, and probably one of my favorite Spyro games. Shame my game disc got scratched.

As for Skylanders, I do agree that it's a pain how there are a lot of toys. I wish that there was a way to buy the other versions of the games without needing to get the complete starter pack. I already have the game for the 3DS and I want the Wii version, but unless I buy from a second-hand seller, I have to get the full starter pack again. And I already have the toys for the starter pack and I have my three favorite characters to use. I don't want to expand my collection more than I have just to play on the Wii. Also, it's so difficult to find particular characters, and when I do find a character I want to add to my collection, it's always in a three-pack with two characters I don't want. At this rate, I'll never get a complete "dragon" collection. Sunburn will always be missing.

I'm unsure if I want to get Giants. On one hand, I do like the game style. On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be a lot of dragons, which apparently are my go-to characters for Skylanders.

WastingLight

I loved the first 3 games on the playstation 1, and i still occasionally play them again from time to time. However after Enter the Dragonfly, it put me off getting the newer games of Spyro. Those long loading screens in Enter the Dragonfly was painful.

Hudsonn98

The original trilogy was awesome, and I wish someone would come along and attempt to make games like those again. Never played any of the others, but Enter the Dragonfly looks mildly interesting if broken (certainly not something I'd spend more than a few bucks on), while Hero's Tail looks okay. Not sure the Legend of Spyro trilogy would interest me, I'm kind of iffy about beat em up games.
I agree. The original Trilogy was the best. I especially loved Year of the Dragon and remember playing it for hours on end when I was little. The series goes downhill after that. The Legend of Spyro was okay but nothing compared to the original three.
I used to be a Spyro fan since my childhood and I enjoyed their games, but I sadly say that the new Spyro from the Skylanders doesn't look the same Spyro that I know, and I really don't like Skylanders, personally. What all can say is that since Skylanders, I'm no longer A true Spyro fan, but still I respect and admire to my favorite purple dragon. I hope that there a chance that Spyro can grain his popularity again like his first 3 games.

Skylanders blows. It killed Spyro. I would almost ask for a remake of the original trilogy but I'm afraid that it'd ruin those for me also.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Awesome stories everyone! :)

@Atinus - Yeah, I agree with most of what you have said... although I would really recommend the Wii versions of both Skylanders games to date. First off, I have never played the 3DS versions of the games, but from what I have heard they are pretty different than the console versions of the same games (like the bad guy in the 3DS games isn't even in the console versions; he is replaced by this guy called Kaos, who cracks me up although he is so dumb... X3) I have the console version of Giants, and I have to say that I love it even more than the original! More characters (and there are some new characters that are amazing, although I have to admit there aren't as many dragons... there is Flashwing though, who is a girl dragon made out of crystals, and I have to admit she is pretty awesome. There is also Hot Dog, while not being a dragon, is too cute not to love, and not to mention being pretty great in battle even if his defenses are really low! There are also more challenges, more things to do, lightcore Skylanders, Series two Skylanders (remakes of the originals!), and more. I would give the game probably 9 out of 10, only for saying that the game was WAYYY to short... only 16 chapters instead of 21 (or was it 22?) seriously?! But besides that, it was great. I would really recommend getting it! :)

@WastingLight - IKR? Those loading times were awful, and the glitches? Terrible! But I still play the game occasionally if only for the nostalgia factor (and that it IS a Spyro game!) X3 The first three games are still just amazing... there are no other games that could even dream to live up to how good they were, in all aspects... (imo). :)

@Hudsonn98 - I respect your opinions, although I do have to admit that the Legend of Spyro series is my very favorite of all of the series (the original trilogy next, and Skylanders third... although I really love them all equally in their own unique ways!) I also admit that Skylanders really did underappreciate Spyro... the first game WAS called SPYRO: Skylanders Adventure after all, but he was hardly mentioned in the game! And Giants basically acted as if he didn't exist, accept for a *few* little parts! Seriously... but I do like Spyro's design in the game, I have to say, and I use him a lot in the game. :)

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
Is there a spyro game on dsi or psp o.o? I don't have a ds lite or ps1/2/3 >.< ~

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
You know that you can play ds games on any version of the ds besides the 3DS, right? ;) Well, here is a list of Spyro games that would be available to you. :3

Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning (DS version)

Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night (DS version)

Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (DS version)

Spyro Shadow Legacy (DS only)

I don't think there are any Spyro games for PC though... although there are a few websites you can hunt out with Spyro games on them. ;) Let me just warn you that the handheld versions of the Spyro game are not even HALF as good as the originals (I have only played Spyro a New Beginning for DS, and I haven't even finished it... that is how bad it was compared to the original.) Just warning you, because if you want to play a REAL and TRUE Spyro game, you are just going to have to play the console versions someday if you can. ;)